Virgin Islands, August 2019, exhibition trip

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Re: Virgin Islands, August 2019, exhibition trip

Post by TheInsider » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:45 am

You dont have to be outgoing to have a team manager post a score on your teams Twitter account. I also dont have a problem with the way MM has been. I think this all started because people wondered why they were treating it as a secret closed preseason scrimmage.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:31 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:39 pm
eldonabe wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:35 pm

Jesus Fucking Christ you are dense - it is not a comparison of the NFL and CBB.

In simplest terms - if Umass and MM were on a tear like Belichik and the Pats are on - MM and BM would not be taking as much (if any) flack over how they are handling this AVI trip. :roll:

What part of "That wouldn't happen with Belichick and the Pats" do you not understand? It's not an NFL vs CBB comparison. It just wouldn't fucking happen and is a terrible comparison. Nevermind the fact that BB is always a pain in the ass to the media and CONSTANTLY gets ripped for it. Dumb dumb dumb.

But hey, more than a few people want McCall canned so obviously you're the correct one here! :roll:

Bill Belichik is an asshole to the media - Why does he get away with it - BECAUSE HE WINS FUCKING GAMES!
Bill Belickik cuts beloved players and nobody questions it - Why does he get away with it - BECAUSE HE WINS FUCKING GAMES
BIll Belichik will do odd and questionable things at time that nobody questions - Why - BECAUSE HE WINS FUCKING GAMES

If MM was winning more fucking games - a lot of the scrutiny he is held to on this board right now would go away - Why - BECAUSE HE IS WINNING FUCKING GAMES

Stop being purposely obtuse.....
In Matt McCall I trust!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:54 am

eldonabe wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:31 am

Bill Belichik is an asshole to the media - Why does he get away with it - BECAUSE HE WINS FUCKING GAMES!
Bill Belickik cuts beloved players and nobody questions it - Why does he get away with it - BECAUSE HE WINS FUCKING GAMES
BIll Belichik will do odd and questionable things at time that nobody questions - Why - BECAUSE HE WINS FUCKING GAMES

If MM was winning more fucking games - a lot of the scrutiny he is held to on this board right now would go away - Why - BECAUSE HE IS WINNING FUCKING GAMES

Stop being purposely obtuse.....

This is what you made up out of thin air:
The short response to all of this pomp and circumstance is real simple - if it was Belichik and Kraft doing this right now, you all would be 100% on board with a "media blackout". Like i said - it feels to me like there are more than a few here who would like to see MM move on sooner than later and hand it over to TB. Any reason to get uptight about anything......

Again, what part of "That wouldn't happen with Belichick and the Pats" do you not understand? If he/they didn't win games, guess what would happen? A TRIP LIKE THIS WOULD STILL GET PUBLICITY! That's how it works. I'm not the one who tried to compare an NFL team to UMass. Please stop trying to spin your comparison into something about the minimal scrutiny of McCall. And for the love of God, learn how to spell Bill Belichick properly. Stupid.

Back to the actual discussion - there are not a lot of people that want McCall replaced by TB. Not here, not on twitter, not in reality. It's ok for people to question the department/program stance on this without it meaning the world wants him fired. Your insistence on this "feeling" of yours is exactly why I make comments about your stance on the last coach. It's easy to connect dots.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:11 am

TheInsider wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:45 am
You dont have to be outgoing to have a team manager post a score on your teams Twitter account. I also dont have a problem with the way MM has been. I think this all started because people wondered why they were treating it as a secret closed preseason scrimmage.

Thank you. This is the reality.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:19 am

Roadtrip wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:07 am
UMass with 5 guys in double figures again. Jackson 28, Weeks 17, Chatman, T. Mitchell 16, Santos 15.

Solid balance after the one standout. I think we'd all like to see a scoring line similar to that each night.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:41 am

You know the topic is hot when people start posting in capitals. Time to LET IT GO, LET IT GO, LET IT GO

So, CJ Jackson with 28 is a pleasant surprise, no?
The E sho, best show in town

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:04 am

Floyd wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:41 am

So, CJ Jackson with 28 is a pleasant surprise, no?

Two games with two different scorers in the high 20s and another 4 or 5 in double digits. I get the competition isn't what they'll see in a few months, but the balance is great at the moment.

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:29 am

^ I wouldn't take significance from anything that happened in the last game.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:34 am

You don't have to, but I'm happy to see balance in scoring between the two games thus far.

Roadtrip
Hall of Fame

Post by Roadtrip » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:43 am

^Plus 46 points off 27 turnovers.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:15 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:54 am
Please stop trying to spin your comparison into something about the minimal scrutiny of McCall.
Holy fuck - this was THE EXACT point I have been making from the beginning.

Also - I have not come out saying people are out and out looking for MM's head either.... I said I get a general (and usually subliminal) vibe from many posters here. That's all.

Forget "NFL" you dumbfuck..... it has NOTHING to do with NFL. It is simply an observation that our beloved NEP coach and it's management can get away with things with their fans and local media with much less scrutiny; MM and the AD cannot - because the NEP wins LOTS of games and UMass Hoops DOES NOT.

Thick as a brick you are...... How the fuck did you graduate from College - or High School?
In Matt McCall I trust!

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:26 am

Eldon, I'm getting concerned for your health. Go have a burger and a couple Switchback Ales. It's only August! 8) :wink:
The E sho, best show in town

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 am

You two should film a buddy cop movie.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Floyd wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:26 am
Eldon, I'm getting concerned for your health. Go have a burger and a couple Switchback Ales. It's only August! 8) :wink:
Mmmmm.... Switchback

Ok - Little People Cowboys on Tricycles..... Slot machine winner..... the Mrs. in Lingerie serving me a pitcher of Switchback

Ok back to level now..... Thanks Floyd
In Matt McCall I trust!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:11 pm

eldonabe wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:15 am
InnervisionsUMASS wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:54 am
Please stop trying to spin your comparison into something about the minimal scrutiny of McCall.
Holy fuck - this was THE EXACT point I have been making from the beginning.

I knew you'd say that, which is why I placed your exact quote in my last post.

But I digress... you're right. Bill Belichick and the Pats would not promote a trip like the UMass one if they sucked. They'd only do it because they are good. Bill Belichick only treats the media like shit because he is good and doesn't get any flak for it at all because they are good. You're right that there are a lot of people that want MM replaced by TB and want it yesterday. You're right that no one should be able to question the department/program for their stance on this trip. I apologize for not agreeing with you about these things and the numerous other things we have disagreed on over the years. You're right. You're always right. You're never wrong.

My peace offering is this cute photo of this awesome poster. Please accept this and my sincere apologies.