2020 Recruiting

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Post Reply
UMassfan_19
Junior
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:03 pm

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by UMassfan_19 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:23 pm

78 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:35 pm
Regarding 2020 scholarships, don’t we know for sure there will be 2 at a minimum with Baptiste and KTM both being out of eligibility?
KTM is a junior not a senior

User avatar
Jackson96
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2221
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by Jackson96 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:42 pm

Saw we offered Jett Roesing, a 6-4 guard out of PA. If you are into jump shots from way beyond the arc, then this is the video for you:

https://youtu.be/ewuuC9Pm1IY
"I wrote a column and it went national"

78
Hall of Fame
Posts: 7937
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:52 pm
Location: Near Boston

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by 78 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:24 pm

UMassfan_19 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:23 pm
78 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:35 pm
Regarding 2020 scholarships, don’t we know for sure there will be 2 at a minimum with Baptiste and KTM both being out of eligibility?
KTM is a junior not a senior
Ahhhh...it seems like he’s been around a long time given all the other turnover... :lol:
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

capezona
Senior
Posts: 1543
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ and Dennisport, MA

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by capezona » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:54 am

Jackson96 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:42 pm
Saw we offered Jett Roesing, a 6-4 guard out of PA. If you are into jump shots from way beyond the arc, then this is the video for you:

https://youtu.be/ewuuC9Pm1IY
Jett Curry

User avatar
Jackson96
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2221
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by Jackson96 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:53 am

Seems like we are looking pretty hard at the Isaiah Wilson kid out of PA. Would be a third point guard — I love having point guards but that would be three in two classes. Sounds like a good player though and a little different, especially size-wise from the two we just signed.

Also saw we offered some dude named Gabe Wuor - a big man who I think plays in Vegas somewhere.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

User avatar
Jackson96
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2221
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by Jackson96 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:33 pm

Saw we offered that Enoch Cheeks kid. Supposed to be a pretty explosive guard who would probably fit in an up tempo style (if that’s what we finally do) — played for Expressions in AAU where I think Mitchell and Santos played. Is playing prep ball at Putnam Science where Buggs played.

He reminds me of a cross between Iverson and McGrady, with a little Scott Wedman thrown in for good measure. Actually, I have never seen him play a lick so he doesn’t remind me of anyone.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

km109
Junior
Posts: 712
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:49 am
Location: ME

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by km109 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:57 am

Surprised he didn't say he reminded you of Mo Cheeks. Too easy? :D

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8011
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by 69MG » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:58 pm

Per VerbalCommits, these are the 2020 offers made in the last week.
7/19/2019 - 2020 PG Enoch Cheeks (6-3, -, 2★) has received an offer from Massachusetts.
7/17/2019 - 2020 PF Nicholas McMullen (6-8, 225, 2★) has received an offer from Massachusetts.
7/17/2019 - 2020 SG Jalen Celestine (6-6, 185, 2★) has received an offer from Massachusetts.
7/14/2019 - 2020 PF Mikeal Brown-Jones (6-8, 210, 3.5★) has received an offer from Massachusetts.
7/13/2019 - 2020 C Gabriel Wuor (7-1, 203, 2★) has received an offer from Massachusetts.
Overall we are listed with 45 offers for 2020 recruits, at least 6 for each position. Some of the offers were made over a year ago but many are from 2019.

As we know, Djery is the only senior but past history tells us there will be more leaving. Maybe this year we keep it at 2 or fewer.

Worcester_To_Amherst
Sophomore
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by Worcester_To_Amherst » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:20 am

Is it just me or is MM handing out a lot more offers than DK did? Maybe there's just more visibility to offers with the twitter recruiting scene than there used to be?

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8011
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by 69MG » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:24 am

Manna from heaven for Sign Man if this kid ends up in Amherst. :lol:
7/20/2019 - 2020 PG Kobe Elvis (6-2, -, 2★) has received an offer from Massachusetts.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2670
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:40 pm
Location: NYC

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by inthescoop » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Handing out is 1 thing, actually getting the recruits to come to UMass is another.

Quality > Quantity.

User avatar
uz2b-len
Hall of Fame
Posts: 10724
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 6:03 pm
Location: Deerfield, MA

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by uz2b-len » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:27 pm

I really hope they bring in a big man in the 2020 class.
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

User avatar
Jackson96
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2221
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by Jackson96 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:17 pm

Saw we offered Kenny Lofton Jr - a 6-6 forward from Houston area. Sounds like he’s a bit of a throwback style player. No idea if he’s the son of former MLB player Kenny Lofton (who played college hoops at ASU) — he doesn’t seem to be in the same sleek speedster mode.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

Ramster
newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by Ramster » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:47 am

Jackson96 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:17 pm
Saw we offered Kenny Lofton Jr - a 6-6 forward from Houston area. Sounds like he’s a bit of a throwback style player. No idea if he’s the son of former MLB player Kenny Lofton (who played college hoops at ASU) — he doesn’t seem to be in the same sleek speedster mode.
He is not related to Kenny Lofton Sr
He is a bulky player who rebounds very well and has many good inside moves. Plays for Houston Hoops in AAU and improved his status with strong performances in Nike Peach Jam in July. Would be an excellent addition.

TruBluMaroon
Senior
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by TruBluMaroon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:16 am

Ramster wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:47 am
Jackson96 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:17 pm
Saw we offered Kenny Lofton Jr - a 6-6 forward from Houston area. Sounds like he’s a bit of a throwback style player. No idea if he’s the son of former MLB player Kenny Lofton (who played college hoops at ASU) — he doesn’t seem to be in the same sleek speedster mode.
He is not related to Kenny Lofton Sr
He is a bulky player who rebounds very well and has many good inside moves. Plays for Houston Hoops in AAU and improved his status with strong performances in Nike Peach Jam in July. Would be an excellent addition.
I think you mean that he is not related to the former MLB player, Kenny Lofton.

Post Reply