Brooooons

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Floyd
Hall of Fame

Brooooons

Post by Floyd » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Can't believe there's no Bruins discussion and we're on to game 7 of the Cup Finals. Play like they did last night and its another banner in Titletown
Time to Win

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: Brooooons

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:27 am

Bruins lost because their "Big 4" didn't show up at all. It's that simple.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:01 am

Bruins should have been up 4-0 in that first period, but Binnington was insanely good. I knew they'd lose after that if St. Louis scored first. Hot goalie usually does it and he was definitely hot. Bruins had their chances early and I'd guess if they put in 2 or 3 in that 1st period, Binnington would have folded. Tough loss, but they made it happen, gotta give them credit
Time to Win

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am

If the top 4 guys play even at 50% of their skill, that series doesn't even go 7 games. That's how bad they were in the Finals and they weren't much better during the rest of the playoff run. An absolute choke job by the supposed "best line in the NHL."
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 pm

Floyd wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:01 am Bruins should have been up 4-0 in that first period, but Binnington was insanely good. I knew they'd lose after that if St. Louis scored first. Hot goalie usually does it and he was definitely hot. Bruins had their chances early and I'd guess if they put in 2 or 3 in that 1st period, Binnington would have folded. Tough loss, but they made it happen, gotta give them credit
If they put even 1 in that first period it would've been a completely different game. Bruins thoroughly dominated the first 17 minutes of the game.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:53 pm

MJatUM wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 pm
If they put even 1 in that first period it would've been a completely different game. Bruins thoroughly dominated the first 17 minutes of the game.
I agree, I think it took a lot out of their sails not putting any of those 5 great chances in. And the one the Blues put in with 7 seconds left in the first was a killer. They never regained that dominance again
Time to Win

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am If the top 4 guys play even at 50% of their skill, that series doesn't even go 7 games. That's how bad they were in the Finals and they weren't much better during the rest of the playoff run. An absolute choke job by the supposed "best line in the NHL."
I'd challenge you to walk up to Chara, Marchand, Bergeron, and Rask and tell them they choked to their face.

Its amazing to me how people stupidly throw around the work "choked" - especially here. Bottom line is they lost a 7 game series to a team which was superior. And that was especially true of their goalie who saved his best for game 7. Hardly a "choke"
Word to your motha!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:19 pm

PintOGuinness wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 pm
InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am If the top 4 guys play even at 50% of their skill, that series doesn't even go 7 games. That's how bad they were in the Finals and they weren't much better during the rest of the playoff run. An absolute choke job by the supposed "best line in the NHL."
I'd challenge you to walk up to Chara, Marchand, Bergeron, and Rask and tell them they choked to their face.

Its amazing to me how people stupidly throw around the work "choked" - especially here. Bottom line is they lost a 7 game series to a team which was superior. And that was especially true of their goalie who saved his best for game 7. Hardly a "choke"

I'd happily say it to Marchand, Bergeron, Pasta and David Krejci. I'm pretty confident they would 100% agree with me. Do you really think they would go "yeah, you're wrong, we played great in that game!"???? Holy hell did we watch the same game? Or the same series?

Not sure where you got Chara and Rask from my post. Rask was amazing all playoffs and Chara was playing the last 3 games with a major injury.

The actual bottom line is they choked this game away with a god awful performance by the 1st line and their other major offensive player, Krejci. They should have beaten that team in 5 games. They got lucky to get to 7, and even to the Finals, thanks to Rask and his performance. It's truly unfortunate that those 4 completely and utterly disappeared when it was finally time for Rask to break out of the Thomas shadow.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Pastrnak was horrible, especially last night. I was yelling at the tv at some of the lazy plays he made, he was terrible. Very talented kid, but he was bad all series

I felt bad for McAvoy, kid played pretty well and was really down
Time to Win

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:20 am

It always amazes me the injuries that hockey players play thru during playoffs. Broken bones, wired jaws, torn muscles, its unbelieveable.
Time to Win