future scheduling talk

Get ready for some MACtion
Berkman
Hall of Fame

Re: future scheduling talk

Post by Berkman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 am

When the stadium opened in 1965 there were bleacher seats in front of the stands between the stairs and in the end zones. Don't remember when they were removed.

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 am

I'd like to see the UConn game on campus too.

I've always felt that WMass fans feel the UConn rivalry more and that Boston area fans are more likely to feel that way towards BC....so when UMass does get a 'home' game against BC it should be in Foxboro.

Regarding concessions....UMass needs to upgrade the quality of the food they sell at sporting events or concessions revenue will disappoint!
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 am

Ryan Bamford has said SRO (standing room only) tickets will be sold when the seats sellout and looking at the location of SRO to be in front of the Jacobson Performance Center end zone. This could be changed, location of SRO, but a comment made in the past.
Go UMass!!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:49 am

I'd prefer to have UConn in Amherst and BYU at Gillette.

I do really enjoy the Gillette experience, but as long as the majority of games are on campus, I'm good.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:35 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:49 am I'd prefer to have UConn in Amherst and BYU at Gillette.

I do really enjoy the Gillette experience, but as long as the majority of games are on campus, I'm good.
We’ve had BYU at Gillette. I’d like to see them in Amherst. The turnout last year would’ve fit in McGuirk, with a good sized crowd on visitor side. UConn should draw more in Boston area and I can’t imagine the BYU crowd would be much bigger next year than it was this year. Getting a big name opponent like BYU on campus is huge.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 am

Right, we've had them there and I'd like them there again... especially if we have some more wins under our belt. Give me UConn on campus any day of the week, especially when they are not that great and the "they'll draw from the Boston market" is fools gold as we have all experienced first hand.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

gosox22
Junior

Post by gosox22 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Who's planning to make the trek out to Chicago for the Northwestern game? I am pumped about this as it's "only" a 3 hour drive down from Green Bay for me. Not quite sure what tailgating looks like at Northwestern, but I still have all my old UMass tailgating gear, so I'll certainly be breaking that out. Hope to see many of you there! Yes, I know it's still like 10 months away!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:52 pm

^

Our crew will be there. Likely doing an AirBnB in the Wrigleyville area.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:58 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 am Right, we've had them there and I'd like them there again... especially if we have some more wins under our belt. Give me UConn on campus any day of the week, especially when they are not that great and the "they'll draw from the Boston market" is fools gold as we have all experienced first hand.
I meant UConn fans in the Aniston area are more likely to go to Gillette than come to Amherst. The UConn fans that don’t drive to Storrs are not not driving to Amherst.

mdogt12
Hall of Fame

Post by mdogt12 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:39 pm

https://fbschedules.com/umass-new-mexic ... ure-games/

UMass adds home and home with New Mexico.
Away in 2020
Home in 2023
Moved Mississippi State to 2024

vanmeter
Hall of Fame

Post by vanmeter » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Hoping to make the game against Northwestern in Evanston (Chicago suburb). My mother grew up there and my aunt still lives in the same house she was born in 93 years ago. 5 minutes from the Northwestern football field.

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 pm

Planning for two road trips, Army is tops but little planning.
LA Tech is big for me since my cousin went there along with his wife, who played tennis for the Bulldogs.
Plan on visiting my uncle in Boisser City and my cousin and wife who live in Dallas.

Thinking flying Southwest Wednesday to Wednesday into Memphis. Stay in Memphis for a few nights and then drive the 5-6 ours to Ruston.
Did book a room and my preferred place Sleep Inn and Suites was sold out. My wife prefers places that include breakfast so the Courtyard at Marriot was out. Anyhow, if my uncle, who is 89 is still in good health will stay at their place.
Go UMass!!

FightMass19
Sophomore

Post by FightMass19 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:29 am

We should have a trophy for the UConn game and possibly down the road for the BC game. Maybe we just need to beat UConn a few more times to make it happen, but I'd love to see some sort of prize both teams can play for. This might be especially important for UMass considering our independent status. Maybe we can get a craft-savvy fan to create something and give it to the athletic department? Might be a cool side project for someone :wink:

DrG
Senior

Post by DrG » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:37 pm

I haven't been to a Northwestern game but I have gone by the stadium and it looks like there's not much on-site parking there. I think it's a lot like BC . . . you have to park in a satellite lot and take a shuttle. Anyway, any excuse for a Chicago weekend is worth thinking about.

UMass'96
Senior
Location: Back in the good 'ole US of A not some 3rd world shithole

Post by UMass'96 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:47 pm

FightMass19 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:29 am We should have a trophy for the UConn game and possibly down the road for the BC game. Maybe we just need to beat UConn a few more times to make it happen, but I'd love to see some sort of prize both teams can play for. This might be especially important for UMass considering our independent status. Maybe we can get a craft-savvy fan to create something and give it to the athletic department? Might be a cool side project for someone :wink:
Not interested in going down the USF-UConn path....

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... ict-trophy
Save your breath... you'll need it to blow up your date