2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
TruBluMaroon
Senior
Posts: 1895
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by TruBluMaroon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Jackson96 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:29 pm
Jeff Goodman posted an unofficial schedule of scrimmages and we were listed as scrimmaging Siena on 10/20.
Did you happen to notice who Siena's other scrimmage is against?

User avatar
Old Cage
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5902
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:49 pm
Location: The Eastern Provinces

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by Old Cage » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:14 pm

^ Possibly vs. a old friend. :)

BTW - We are home for the Siena scrimmage.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

gmogmo
Freshman
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by gmogmo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:48 am

Jon Rothstein

Verified account

@JonRothstein
42s43 seconds ago
More
Sources: Virginia, Arizona State, St. John's, and UMass will highlight the 2019 Hall of Fame Classic at Mohegan Sun. #SJUBB

User avatar
MJatUM
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4405
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:46 pm
Location: Attleboro

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by MJatUM » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 am

gmogmo wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:48 am
Jon Rothstein

Verified account

@JonRothstein
42s43 seconds ago
More
Sources: Virginia, Arizona State, St. John's, and UMass will highlight the 2019 Hall of Fame Classic at Mohegan Sun. #SJUBB
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT - good group.

Roadtrip
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:54 pm
Location: Back in FL
Contact:

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by Roadtrip » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 am

^Now if they can start bringing in 2/3 marquee games a year. This I'maStateUsomeplace home schedule is not good for ticket sales. Also hope coach will start playing USF/UCF regularly.

McKinney
Senior
Posts: 1168
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by McKinney » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Roadtrip wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 am
^Now if they can start bringing in 2/3 marquee games a year. This I'maStateUsomeplace home schedule is not good for ticket sales. Also hope coach will start playing USF/UCF regularly.
Why? We blow them out in basketball in exchange for blowing us out in football? Or to get chummy and plead for AAC membership? :lol:
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

User avatar
MJatUM
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4405
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:46 pm
Location: Attleboro

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by MJatUM » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:29 pm

McKinney wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm
Roadtrip wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 am
^Now if they can start bringing in 2/3 marquee games a year. This I'maStateUsomeplace home schedule is not good for ticket sales. Also hope coach will start playing USF/UCF regularly.
Why? We blow them out in basketball in exchange for blowing us out in football? Or to get chummy and plead for AAC membership? :lol:
Judging by his location, I am guessing it is so that he can attend games :D

User avatar
e_parade
Junior
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Boston

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by e_parade » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:06 pm

McKinney wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm
Roadtrip wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 am
^Now if they can start bringing in 2/3 marquee games a year. This I'maStateUsomeplace home schedule is not good for ticket sales. Also hope coach will start playing USF/UCF regularly.
Why? We blow them out in basketball in exchange for blowing us out in football? Or to get chummy and plead for AAC membership? :lol:
If we play enough AAC teams each year in multiple sports they might get confused and think we're full members.

McKinney
Senior
Posts: 1168
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by McKinney » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:11 pm

^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

Roadtrip
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:54 pm
Location: Back in FL
Contact:

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by Roadtrip » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Various reasons for wanting USF/UCF games, most already mentioned by others, but also, to get coach a game close to his FL family, and to help with FL recruiting. And UMass is 0-3 vs UCF.

classof62-64
Sophomore
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:36 am

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by classof62-64 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Maybe good news for those of us West of the Rockies: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo ... story.html

User avatar
uz2b-len
Hall of Fame
Posts: 11195
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 6:03 pm
Location: Deerfield, MA

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by uz2b-len » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Well written article IMHO
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

User avatar
thecaptain
Senior
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by thecaptain » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:41 am

classof62-64 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:31 pm
Maybe good news for those of us West of the Rockies: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo ... story.html
as someone who lives a stone's throw away from SDSU, this makes me very very happy.

User avatar
Old Cage
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5902
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:49 pm
Location: The Eastern Provinces

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by Old Cage » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:03 pm

"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

DTM80
Junior
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:19 pm
Location: Delray Beach, Fl

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by DTM80 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:08 pm

Sounds interesting, Siena with a new coach and style of play. Good workout for the team as they will be pressured all day.

Post Reply