Season Tickets

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.

What do you do for tickets?

Season tickets for hoops
29%
Season tickets for multiple sports
38%
Go to games- no season tickets
26%
Rarely go to games
7%

Total votes: 42

Marty Peretz
Hall of Fame

Re: Season Tickets

Post by Marty Peretz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Hoops only. Try to get to a football game most years. Will try to get to a hockey game next year.

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:02 pm

I pay an athletics fee and go to pretty much every FB, MBB, and HK game. Well I think about 30(?) games this season. Does that count? :lol:
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:30 am

^

Yes, it does, immensely. Keep doing it and get more people to do it with you.

And when you graduate, buy Season Tickets.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Marty Peretz
Hall of Fame

Post by Marty Peretz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:12 am

^Yes. Seriously. Buy them. Even if you don't live anywhere near Amherst. Number of season ticket holders is perhaps the best proxy metric that people outside of the program can use when determining how serious a fan base a program has. It's one of the reasons I'll be adding an additional ticket this year. If we want to get anywhere near where we all want us to be, we have to meaningfully increase the number of season ticket holders in our fan base. I also think that STH's have additional cache/power with the administration because they have taken a tangible step to demonstrate their passion/engagement.

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 am

I bought my first season ticket during my senior year.

Of course things were a little different then...Julius Erving was a junior and home games were played at the Cage. I was not OK waiting in line for hours on game day so I could do a mad dash to find an unreserved seat. 8)
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:01 pm

LS71 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 am I bought my first season ticket during my senior year.

Of course things were a little different then...Julius Erving was a junior and home games were played at the Cage. I was not OK waiting in line for hours on game day so I could do a mad dash to find an unreserved seat. 8)
Do you remember what it cost? I had Youth Season Ticket #1 to the AA Pittsfield Red Sox back in the day and it cost my parents $5! My grandparents lived close to Wahconah Park and my parents would visit my them and I would go to the game........alone......certainly different times.

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:58 am

^ I do. It cost $35...a small price to pay to see Julius play. Also, each game was a double-header; the freshman game followed by the varsity game. I had a couple of part time jobs at the time so I was able to afford it.

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm

^ Nice.....were you aware of other students doing that or were you a lone wolf? Thanks!

Swampy
Hall of Fame

Post by Swampy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:33 pm

The only time LS was a Lone Wolf was when he was cruising the Rusty Nail. :wink:

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:02 am

^^ My roommate and I bought them. I don't know about others.

^ The Nail..lone wolf in...happy to say that often not a lone wolf out. :wink:

https://youtu.be/_FA85RO89HA

Refuse2Lose83
Hall of Fame

Post by Refuse2Lose83 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:02 pm

Hoops STH for 12 years, gave up my FB ST's when they started going to Gillette. Currently, buy tickets to a few FB, WBB and hockey games a year.
Hire Matt McCall!

gosox22
Junior

Post by gosox22 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:51 am

Marty Peretz wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:12 am ^Yes. Seriously. Buy them. Even if you don't live anywhere near Amherst. Number of season ticket holders is perhaps the best proxy metric that people outside of the program can use when determining how serious a fan base a program has. It's one of the reasons I'll be adding an additional ticket this year. If we want to get anywhere near where we all want us to be, we have to meaningfully increase the number of season ticket holders in our fan base. I also think that STH's have additional cache/power with the administration because they have taken a tangible step to demonstrate their passion/engagement.
This is my situation. Don't live anywhere near Amherst anymore ( :( ) but still have 2 hockey season tickets and 1 basketball as a way to support the programs in addition to donations. I've done a horrible job, though, of getting the tickets to people who can actually attend the games. I have to get better at that!