Game 2 (2017) Coastal Carolina

Get ready for some MACtion
Bay Area UMie
Sophomore

Re: Game 2 (2017) Coastal Carolina

Post by Bay Area UMie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:35 am

78 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:35 am ^
Wow, despite the Tennessee showing, this is incredibly embarrassing for the program. UMass lost to Coastal Carolina...UMass LOST to Coastal Carolina.
A day after UMass student-athletes went all out in a competitive game against the 10th winningest collegiate program (last 30 years), good old “78" finds a way to diminish the effort by debasing and humiliating the team with his completely unnecessary “look who CC lost to yesterday” post. Very nice touch sir, I am sure the players (who tirelessly represent our beloved university) appreciate the support and positive words.

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:22 am

tdmass wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:30 pm ^ This is why people can't assume a win vs Ohio next week.
If you find me a UMass fan that assume's a win vs ANY football team, I will show you a dumb UMass fan. They played their asses off Saturday at Tennessee but every game is a different challenge. Tennessee assumed a win Saturday and while they were ultimately right, it is likely what allowed for the game to be so close.

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:53 am

Bay Area UMie wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:35 am
Wow, despite the Tennessee showing, this is incredibly embarrassing for the program. UMass lost to Coastal Carolina...UMass LOST to Coastal Carolina.
A day after UMass student-athletes went all out in a competitive game against the 10th winningest collegiate program (last 30 years), good old “78" finds a way to diminish the effort by debasing and humiliating the team with his completely unnecessary “look who CC lost to yesterday” post. Very nice touch sir, I am sure the players (who tirelessly represent our beloved university) appreciate the support and positive words.
Deleted post after I realized I offended a Boston Latin grad.
Last edited by 78 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:12 pm

78 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:53 am
Again, go fuck yourself. I guess you didn't have the time to also criticize the person who originally posted the story and criticized UMass or one or two others who commented on his post. It's cool that they post this stuff to demonstrate the futility of our big boy football program, but God forbid I comment on it. Here's what I'd like to do. Let's compare support for UMass athletics over the years in terms of tickets bought, games attended, money donated to the school, etc. I am pretty sure I know who wins, you smarmy, condescending, disingenuous piece of shit.

Oooh - Smarmy - I really like that one! :lol:

78 - You sir are on a tear this afternoon!

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:25 pm

MJatUM wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:22 am
tdmass wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:30 pm ^ This is why people can't assume a win vs Ohio next week.
If you find me a UMass fan that assume's a win vs ANY football team, I will show you a dumb UMass fan. They played their asses off Saturday at Tennessee but every game is a different challenge. Tennessee assumed a win Saturday and while they were ultimately right, it is likely what allowed for the game to be so close.
I put money on it the assumption by UMass vs CC was part of what doomed them.

Bay Area UMie
Sophomore

Post by Bay Area UMie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:44 am

Again, go fuck yourself. I guess you didn't have the time to also criticize the person who originally posted the story and criticized UMass or one or two others who commented on his post. It's cool that they post this stuff to demonstrate the futility of our big boy football program, but God forbid I comment on it. Here's what I'd like to do. Let's compare support for UMass athletics over the years in terms of tickets bought, games attended, money donated to the school, etc. I am pretty sure I know who wins, you smarmy, condescending, disingenuous piece of shit.
Typical tough guy response from “78” when he is 3k miles away hiding behind his digital device-juvenile putdowns (“go fuck yourself”, “you piece of shit”, ”you’re an asshole” “you moron” we’ve seen this pseudo tough guy routine many times from 78 before), quick to challenge with no facts to support him (I donated more $ to the school than you have na, na, na”) and also never willing to admit that many of his posts serve no constructive purpose but only humiliate and degrade UMass athletic teams (teams are a “joke” or “pathetic” and athletes are “useless” or “suck”…”but it was early in the Tennessee game so it was ok to call Ford useless, I wasn’t referencing his full yr’s work”…”why are you picking on me someone else started the criticism about CCU”).

Your tough guy swagger really was comically exposed a couple of months ago when to my amazement you publically whined on this board like the little bitch that you are that someone insulted you via a PM (jeez, I couldn’t imagine why a fellow UM alum would single out a nice guy like you). Nothing like confronting the guy in private consistent with your tough guy persona instead of crying to everyone on the board about the injustice like you did. Speaking of acting like a little whiny bitch, your array of insults and brutal criticism about the football team (and don’t deny that your running commentary hasn’t been brutal) is total confirmation that you never played the game competitively at any level (including Pop Warner). You can and will deny it, but it is so damn obvious from your vicious comments that the closest you ever came to the field in high school or junior high was passing out water bottles or keeping score for the school newspaper-and yes I did play 3 years at Boston Latin, not the most competitive league, but I played and as a result have profound respect for anyone who plays collegiately.

Yes, you have most definitely purchased more tickets and attended more games than I have in the last 10 years and that is very admirable. However, that act in itself does not rationalize your incessant negativity (and quite frankly your nasty, fucking mouth).

Looking forward to another profanity laced, juvenile response from my buddy 78. Let’s see you called me “an asshole”, “a piece of shit”, told me to “fuck-off” twice and “my head was up Whipple’s ass” (all in one day!). I am really curious where your creativity will take this next. One request, please don’t go down the “little bitch” or “woman trapped in a man’s body” path because I think I established those descriptors as uniquely assigned to you.

On another note, my wife just told me I was totally insane for spending the last 30 minutes responding to my pal “78”- I think she might be right. Happy Friday to all and Go UMass!

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Bay Area UMie wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:44 am

Typical tough guy response from “78” when he is 3k miles away hiding behind his digital device-juvenile putdowns (“go fuck yourself”, “you piece of shit”, ”you’re an asshole” “you moron” we’ve seen this pseudo tough guy routine many times from 78 before), quick to challenge with no facts to support him (I donated more $ to the school than you have na, na, na”) and also never willing to admit that many of his posts serve no constructive purpose but only humiliate and degrade UMass athletic teams (teams are a “joke” or “pathetic” and athletes are “useless” or “suck”…”but it was early in the Tennessee game so it was ok to call Ford useless, I wasn’t referencing his full yr’s work”…”why are you picking on me someone else started the criticism about CCU”).

Your tough guy swagger really was comically exposed a couple of months ago when to my amazement you publically whined on this board like the little bitch that you are that someone insulted you via a PM (jeez, I couldn’t imagine why a fellow UM alum would single out a nice guy like you). Nothing like confronting the guy in private consistent with your tough guy persona instead of crying to everyone on the board about the injustice like you did. Speaking of acting like a little whiny bitch, your array of insults and brutal criticism about the football team (and don’t deny that your running commentary hasn’t been brutal) is total confirmation that you never played the game competitively at any level (including Pop Warner). You can and will deny it, but it is so damn obvious from your vicious comments that the closest you ever came to the field in high school or junior high was passing out water bottles or keeping score for the school newspaper-and yes I did play 3 years at Boston Latin, not the most competitive league, but I played and as a result have profound respect for anyone who plays collegiately.

Yes, you have most definitely purchased more tickets and attended more games than I have in the last 10 years and that is very admirable. However, that act in itself does not rationalize your incessant negativity (and quite frankly your nasty, fucking mouth).

Looking forward to another profanity laced, juvenile response from my buddy 78. Let’s see you called me “an asshole”, “a piece of shit”, told me to “fuck-off” twice and “my head was up Whipple’s ass” (all in one day!). I am really curious where your creativity will take this next. One request, please don’t go down the “little bitch” or “woman trapped in a man’s body” path because I think I established those descriptors as uniquely assigned to you.

On another note, my wife just told me I was totally insane for spending the last 30 minutes responding to my pal “78”- I think she might be right. Happy Friday to all and Go UMass!
Now I understand why your posts are so damn entertaining and informative -- you went to Boston Latin. What a guy. Going forward, I will save all my "pathetic", "useless" "joke" adjectives for you.

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:57 pm

Bay Area UMie wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:36 am
MJatUM wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:15 am
Bay Area UMie wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:10 am IMO Whipple’s situation (inability to make us a very competitive program and ultimately generate more w’s in 3+ yrs ) is beyond game planning and game day decisions. It has been well documented that the operating conditions the program finds itself immersed in (no conference affiliation, deplorable 50-year old stadium, indifference from students/alums, New England region produces just 1% of all FBS talent, our football operating budget is a paltry $8m-SEC teams average $34m, ACC teams like BC average $28m and even the AAC conference, where we aspire to gain membership, football operating budgets are on average 2x/yr more than what we spend) leaves us at a huge competitive disadvantage. Take a guy like David Shaw from Stanford or Mark Dantonio from MSU and situate them at UMass under these sub-industry standard conditions and I have serious doubts that they produce a winner on the field.
Just curious which one of these excuses you list above leads to our defense not being able to properly defend the read option ever since Whip started (and before, to be honest). They weren't facing Denard Robinson out there. IMO, it is probably that 1% of FBS talent come from New England. That is why the defense can't stop anyone. Or maybe it is the "deplorable 50-year old stadium." Maybe that is why.
A simple-minded response from a very simple mind.
Only high-minded, Boston Latin grads can make friendly, upbeat, and encouraging responses such as this one. What a guy.

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Arkansas beat CC 39-38. Maybe CC isn't so bad.

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:30 pm

KahunaK wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:30 pm Arkansas beat CC 39-38. Maybe CC isn't so bad.
Or maybe Arkansas isn't so good.