KAEO Seth Berger

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO Seth Berger

Post by eldonabe » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:42 pm

TheInsider wrote:I don't think Seth was ever given the tools or a chance to succeed here..

Uh oh..... swampy is not going to like where this goes :roll:

jrdupe
Junior

Post by jrdupe » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:43 pm

fenway617 wrote:^^
Well I'll flip it, how pumped are you that you're losing a guy that averaged 2 points and 2 rebounds?
I have no feeling one way or another...we've seen a pretty good sample size, so we know what he can do...pretty sure it won't be that hard to replace that production. I wish him well, but if he was buried on the bench here, how much time does he expect to see in the Pac 10?

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:51 pm

^ Seth? Didn't he have 1 injury, during his sophomore year?

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:54 pm

jrdupe wrote:
fenway617 wrote:^^
Well I'll flip it, how pumped are you that you're losing a guy that averaged 2 points and 2 rebounds?
I have no feeling one way or another...we've seen a pretty good sample size, so we know what he can do...pretty sure it won't be that hard to replace that production. I wish him well, but if he was buried on the bench here, how much time does he expect to see in the Pac 10?
PAC-10. You must be old school. I'm sure they'll use him as an energy guy off the bench and he'll have fun playing in the big arenas and living in the Northeast.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:01 pm

capezona wrote: PAC-10. You must be old school. I'm sure they'll use him as an energy guy off the bench and he'll have fun playing in the big arenas and living in the Northeast.

:lol: :lol:
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Make that Northwest

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:06 pm

True... forgot about those but I don't remember being injured all the time.. seemed like he would flash then be forgotten about.. kinda like starting a guy for a few min then sending him to the end of the bench for the rest of the game... but what coach would ever do that.

MikeEsq
Senior

Post by MikeEsq » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:12 pm

I can't believe we're still debating the merits of the rest of Berger's career. There are about 10 more interesting threads going on right now.

That said, thanks for the memories, Seth. Good luck.

MajBugman
Senior

Post by MajBugman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:17 pm

MikeEsq wrote:I can't believe we're still debating the merits of the rest of Berger's career. There are about 10 more interesting threads going on right now.

That said, thanks for the memories, Seth. Good luck.
There are? Please tell me. :lol:
Raise the bar, do the minimum.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:31 pm

TheInsider wrote:I don't think Seth was ever given the tools or a chance to succeed here..
I agree, along with a few others. I'm betting things will look a lot better next year as far as individual progress goes.
Time to Win

mlaconte459
Hall of Fame

Post by mlaconte459 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Seth is also going to a team that has zero seniors. If the coach was looking for some leadership and a guy that works hard and doesn't mind playing limited minutes it could be a good fit. Players transfer for many different reasons. It seems he wanted to be closer to home.. also can't fault their fans for not being to happy about a bench player on a and A-10 team moving up in conference
GO... GO U... GO UMASSS..... GO UMASSS

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Oregon State lost 27 games last year. They won four games, only one in conference. Pac 12 is 6th in RPI, just above AAC and A10. He isn't really going to a stronger program and is going to a roughly equivalent conference.

I think the frustration of the fans at O state has more to do with their team sucking big time and their senior transfer not being someone who is going to put up big numbers. It is easy to look at Seth's stats and assume he brings little to nothing to the table. But we have seen him for four years and know he is a good teammate and does a lot of little things well.

He will be helpful to their team, but I doubt he will solve any of their main issues. Still happy for him and his family to be able to see him in his last year more easily.
Refuse To Lose!!!

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:45 pm

The top half of the Pac12 was far superior to the A10 this year.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 pm

I agree. Good conference.

They are at the bottom of that barrel and someone needs to scrape them off. :lol:
Refuse To Lose!!!

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Roughly equivalent conference? Jeez, nothing surprises me here anymore.

With UCLA, Oregon and Arizona - some may argue that it was the most elite conference in basketball last year. Just ask Bill Walton. :lol: