2011 Season Tickets

Get ready for some MACtion

Will you purchase season tickets?

Already purchased for 2011
25%
Plan on purchasing before the 2011 season starts
54%
Will be purchasing in 2012 @ Gillette (but not 2011)
21%

Total votes: 28

Rory
Junior

2011 Season Tickets

Post by Rory » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:55 am

I hope that Boston-area alums are buying season tickets THIS YEAR. Even if they can only attend the Gillette game and maybe a game or two in Amherst. That's what I have done.

I'd like to see what some of the "diehards" on the board will be doing.
University of Massachusetts -- Class of '08
http://umass.edu/give

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:17 pm

For the price you can't beat football season tickets. I'll be purchasing 2. It's nice that the Gillette game is included this year.

sleepy sheep
Junior

Post by sleepy sheep » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:16 pm

My fiance and I will become new season ticket holders. It's an easy donation to make. Now I've got to get 5 or 10 fellow alumni to join me.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:27 pm

I will be renewing, and I'm going to push for my parents to join the cause as well since the games will be just down the road for them.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:11 pm

I will be purchasing 2 season tickets and in stadium parking.

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Called today to order with one additional seat. Was told section 5 was frozen until the June 17 deadline and then could upgrade the additional seat. Then asked how the sells where going and the said good, it's mostly new season ticket holders.

cox'n
Junior

Post by cox'n » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Gosh, I didn't even get my renewal notice yet.

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:34 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:I will be renewing, and I'm going to push for my parents to join the cause as well since the games will be just down the road for them.
This is fantastic, and I see a lot more "family" football days ahead at Gillette. Nothing wrong with that, and if the majority of families and alumni live in E. Mass then this whole thing could end up working really well. I've never been able to consider season tickets due to the distance but it's right on my radar screen for Gillette now.

AlPatino
Junior

Post by AlPatino » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:18 pm

Haven't had football season tickets in a few years. Will now. RT will be 150 miles vs. 220 now. @ $10 a gallon! This is exciting! :D

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:26 pm

photoman wrote:
InnervisionsUMASS wrote:I will be renewing, and I'm going to push for my parents to join the cause as well since the games will be just down the road for them.
This is fantastic, and I see a lot more "family" football days ahead at Gillette. Nothing wrong with that, and if the majority of families and alumni live in E. Mass then this whole thing could end up working really well. I've never been able to consider season tickets due to the distance but it's right on my radar screen for Gillette now.

I think we are onto something here. I might not be able to get them to get them until next year, but that will hopefully be another 2 tickets sold!

I'll hopefully have my renewal in pretty soon!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

jjmc85
Senior

Post by jjmc85 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:40 pm

I graduated in 2007, and the fall of that year I used my UCard to go to football games for free. I bought tickets to every game the next year through the Alumni Association (it was half the price of a season ticket) then decided to stop being cheap and start supporting the Football team I love dearly by purchasing a season ticket package with 2 seats. I'm definitely renewing. Since graduating, I've lived in Dorchester, Brighton and Brookline (so pretty much Boston) and have gladly made the trip out to Amherst each Saturday. Not to hijack the thread, but I'm gonna miss that trip.

My uncle said he would buy a ticket when the team upgraded. I'm going to talk to him Easter to see if he wants one this year or if he wants to wait till they move to Gillette. I have a feeling he'll wait till Gillette.

Long story short- definitely renewing the 2 seats, perhaps adding a third.
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Sounds like there is another pecking order in addition to priority points.
Last years season ticket holders are first in line and new season ticket holders for this year are next in line.

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/m- ... BS3.html#_

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:02 pm

^

Correct sir, and I think it makes sense.

Marty Peretz
Hall of Fame

Post by Marty Peretz » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:00 am

Any idea what an average seat will cost at the Razor when they make the move? I'm currently deciding between graduate/professional degree programs but if I'm anywhere within a 4 hour drive (which increasingly appears likely), I don't see why I wouldn't snag a pair, provided prices are fairly reasonable. Worst comes to worst, I'll give them to friends in the Boston area when I can't make it. I just have no idea how prices work with these sorts of things. I've been to SEC games and a decent seat at face value will run you 50-60 at Ole Miss (which seats almost the exact same number as Gillette) but Toledo and Alabama are going to garner a far different level of demand. So, I'd think 30 for an individual game would be doable, but am I way off the mark here? Anything above that and I'll probably wait til I'm making an income again to purchase tickets. Nonetheless, I'd pay Ole Miss prices to see name brand opponents each year and will still come up to games no matter what.

gosox22
Junior

Post by gosox22 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:18 am

Similar to many, living in the Boston area (Quincy), I've made it back to a game or two a year, but never went the season ticket route. Same with some buddies. With this move announced, I've ordered 2 season tickets for this year and a buddy has ordered 2 as well. So there's 4 more new season tickets sold! I know of at least 2 other people that will definitely be ordering 2 seats each for 2012, possibly for this year too. By the "if you get 2 friends to buy and they get two friends to buy, etc etc" rule, we'll have Gillette bumpin' in no time. Here's hoping the bandwagon starts filling up quickly!