UMass apparel

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
golfbard

UMass apparel

Post by golfbard » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:11 pm

Anyone know where one can purchase UMass apparel in NYC?

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:30 pm

At our tourney appearances over the years there often have been official booths inside the arena selling stuff from the schools represented and stuff for the event (such as NIT Final Four t-shirts). As the NCAA owns the NIT, I would bet that this will be the case and there will be plenty of UMass items.

Also, there will be guys outside hawking official and unofficial stuff.

After our win over Georgetown in Atlanta in 96, there was a guy outside with at least 100 "Georgetown Final Four" shirts for sale real cheap.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

golfbard

Post by golfbard » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:50 pm

Cool thanks. What about a place to get a plain UMass shirt. I went to Steve & Barry's in Herald Square a while ago and didn't find anything but maybe this time around. I guess I'll check there.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:57 pm

"selling stuff from the schools represented"

There should be plenty of UMass shirts there. There certainly was at Atlantic City.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

SamIam
Sophomore

Post by SamIam » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:22 pm

golfbard wrote:Cool thanks. What about a place to get a plain UMass shirt. I went to Steve & Barry's in Herald Square a while ago and didn't find anything but maybe this time around. I guess I'll check there.
Steve & Barry's would be my guess as well. I went there a year or so ago and they had the same varsity jackets that they sold in Hadley. I don't remember seeing anything else though. Maybe the stock has changed.
UMass Pride.

Doc Moonlight
Sophomore

Post by Doc Moonlight » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:28 am

The problem is, it's about as hard to find UMASS apparel in NYC as it is in Boston.
"God bless Donald Duck, Vaudeville and Variety"

BostonBert
Junior

Post by BostonBert » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:45 pm

Doc Moonlight wrote:The problem is, it's about as hard to find UMASS apparel in NYC as it is in Boston.
Not if you have ever stepped foot in a Kohl's store in the Boston area. They are absolutely stocked with UMass stuff and have been for years. And some of their stuff is better than what you find in the bookstore at UMass for far less money. Check it out.

Edit: Another place in the malls around boston that always has UMass stuff is Champs. They have tons of college stuff and always keep some UMass items in stock.

shovelhd
Hall of Fame

Post by shovelhd » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:50 pm

The Harvard Coop usually has some items. Unfortunately they're not in NYC.

umass98
Freshman

Post by umass98 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Let me know what Kohl's you're shopping at because anytime I goto Kohls or Bob's all I can find is BC and ConU stuff. I've tried searching online but can't find any Final Four shirts anywhere.

Doc Moonlight
Sophomore

Post by Doc Moonlight » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:14 pm

OT: Funny story about Kohl's. A few years ago, I walked into a Kohl's here in Missouri that had a complete stock and display of University of Maine apparel. Apparently somebody in the distribution center got their "M's" mixed up.

BostonBert
Junior

Post by BostonBert » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:17 pm

umass98 wrote:Let me know what Kohl's you're shopping at because anytime I goto Kohls or Bob's all I can find is BC and ConU stuff. I've tried searching online but can't find any Final Four shirts anywhere.
The one on the Stoughton/Randolph line is always stacked with UMass stuff.

MassMan06
Hall of Fame

Post by MassMan06 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:02 pm

BostonBert wrote:
umass98 wrote:Let me know what Kohl's you're shopping at because anytime I goto Kohls or Bob's all I can find is BC and ConU stuff. I've tried searching online but can't find any Final Four shirts anywhere.
The one on the Stoughton/Randolph line is always stacked with UMass stuff.
Walpole and Medford as well

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:07 pm

UM hats @ Lids. I bought some a couple of years ago at their Solomon Pond Mall store.
http://www.lids.com/search/umass?page=1
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:37 am

Kohls in Chelmsford has a HUGE selection of UM clothing (also H and BC) -- except for sweats, better than UM CC store.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

Doc Moonlight
Sophomore

Post by Doc Moonlight » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:23 am

SignMan wrote:UM hats @ Lids. I bought some a couple of years ago at their Solomon Pond Mall store.
http://www.lids.com/search/umass?page=1
IIRC Lids was started by a UMASS Grad.