OFFICIAL UMass references in Television, Film, etc. thread

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: OFFICIAL UMass references in Television, Film, etc. thread

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:12 pm

^

I get the sense that he's the type that thrives off of that stuff, so he's actually in a perfect place for his delusional mind. I doubt he's transferring anywhere.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:28 pm

Of all the garbage going on at college campuses around America - and there is plenty - the Care Bear thing was embarrassing for all sides involved. Embarrassing for the tool who paraded his ass around the country to any talk show that would have him and embarrassing for the school being mentioned in the news about it.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:20 pm

MJatUM wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:28 pm Of all the garbage going on at college campuses around America - and there is plenty - the Care Bear thing was embarrassing for all sides involved. Embarrassing for the tool who paraded his ass around the country to any talk show that would have him and embarrassing for the school being mentioned in the news about it.
Only on Fox News is garbage like that "news-worthy".

CNN - "Manafort has been arrested!"
NBC - "Mueller making strides in the Russia investigation."
Fox News - "Can you believe what Hillary wore today!?!?"

:lol: :lol:

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:21 pm

I'm really not interested in debating this topic but if you think Fox News is the only news station that selectively chooses what to discuss, I suggest you broaden your news sources. I personally can't stand any of the news networks as it becomes tiresome having to flip back and forth and try to determine for yourself what the "real" truth/story is.

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:34 pm

^
at least he ^^ did not refer to MSNBC ... referring to "News."
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:46 pm

MJatUM wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:21 pm I'm really not interested in debating this topic but if you think Fox News is the only news station that selectively chooses what to discuss, I suggest you broaden your news sources. I personally can't stand any of the news networks as it becomes tiresome having to flip back and forth and try to determine for yourself what the "real" truth/story is.
I do not watch any of these channels.

All opinions and perspectives I have in politics are from my own experiences and knowledge I have obtained through education. There is no doubt that news channels lean towards a bias. Does CNN lean towards a political bias or a bias towards human decency? Or both?

But the right does not understand there are 2 types of propaganda. Screaming that CNN is propaganda while not realizing that by only reporting positive notions towards a political bias is not propaganda. It is TV for the weak and uneducated.

My opinions on all socio-political issues are my own opinion and the media has not persuaded me one way or the other.

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:40 pm

inthescoop wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:46 pm
MJatUM wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:21 pm I'm really not interested in debating this topic but if you think Fox News is the only news station that selectively chooses what to discuss, I suggest you broaden your news sources. I personally can't stand any of the news networks as it becomes tiresome having to flip back and forth and try to determine for yourself what the "real" truth/story is.
I do not watch any of these channels.

All opinions and perspectives I have in politics are from my own experiences and knowledge I have obtained through education. There is no doubt that news channels lean towards a bias. Does CNN lean towards a political bias or a bias towards human decency? Or both?

But the right does not understand there are 2 types of propaganda. Screaming that CNN is propaganda while not realizing that by only reporting positive notions towards a political bias is not propaganda. It is TV for the weak and uneducated.

My opinions on all socio-political issues are my own opinion and the media has not persuaded me one way or the other.
OK...
I get it...
You are quoting channels you do not watch.
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:54 pm

inthescoop wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:46 pm But the right does not understand there are 2 types of propaganda. Screaming that CNN is propaganda while not realizing that by only reporting positive notions towards a political bias is not propaganda. It is TV for the weak and uneducated.
LOL, CNN does the same thing, though to a lesser extent.

I do everything in my power to avoid Fox News.... It's mostly trash. I go to CNN more often than not... I find them to be at least a bit closer to the middle.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:25 pm

inthescoop wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:02 pm
MJatUM wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:18 pm ^ It's because we have those Care Bears on the walls in dorms.
That kid got destroyed on campus, deservedly so. I wonder if he'll be back or end up transferring.
As someone who went through not "fitting in" politically on campus and considered transferring, I hope he doesn't. Getting involved and going to UMass games with friends, talking about UMass/Massachusetts Athletics, and going on websites like Twitter and this message board is what kept me from transferring. I hope that Bradley finds a group on campus where he fits in too.
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:06 pm

McKinney wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:25 pm

As someone who went through not "fitting in" politically on campus and considered transferring, I hope he doesn't. Getting involved and going to UMass games with friends, talking about UMass/Massachusetts Athletics, and going on websites like Twitter and this message board is what kept me from transferring. I hope that Bradley finds a group on campus where he fits in too.

Well we sure know it won't be Football/Athletics. He made his thoughts clear on that earlier this year.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:20 am

McKinney wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:25 pm
inthescoop wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:02 pm
MJatUM wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:18 pm ^ It's because we have those Care Bears on the walls in dorms.
That kid got destroyed on campus, deservedly so. I wonder if he'll be back or end up transferring.
The group that hates the school and almost all the people around them? Sounds like a fun group!! GO BRADLEY

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:31 am

Not a UMass reference specifically, but this features someone I think a lot of us know, Michael McMahon!

http://www.wcvb.com/article/what-to-do- ... d/14501444

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:38 am

^ Nice find. By the way, it's really cold out here in the sticks today.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:53 am

^^ But it is a UMass story, because a few years ago Mike got his degree at the same time as his son.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:58 am

^

Right, but there was no UMass mention in the video. Hence my comment...