What's going on here?

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Old Cage
Hall of Fame

What's going on here?

Post by Old Cage » Fri May 19, 2023 7:16 am

Kat Cornetta @KatCornetta · 11h
UMass Amherst women’s hockey, a club program, has been denied university funding for the first time in their history. You can read about their situation and give towards their 2023-24 season here: https://gofund.me/00b7bf8d

Do we have a canary in a coal mine situation? What's happening with the Athletic Department finances? Does this tweet have relevance beyond a specific situation? Anyone?
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

rsox1221
Senior

Re: What's going on here?

Post by rsox1221 » Fri May 19, 2023 1:48 pm

Club programs are not funded by the athletic department. No canaries, they two things aren't under the same umbrella

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Re: What's going on here?

Post by Old Cage » Fri May 19, 2023 2:15 pm

Possibly I am well behind the times . Here's a past quote:

"In the Fall 2004 semester, the UMass Club Baseball joined the Athletic Department’s Sport Club Program, making it the fastest club ever to be granted entry to the program."

Then, to keep the questions coming, I wonder why this club hockey team was eliminated from funding. I thought they have been quite successful. Edit: They now claim "clerical error." A clerical error can't be corrected? Strange.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."