Future of UMass System

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Re: Future of UMass System

Post by Juice Stand » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:11 am

Gazette: Marty Meehan opens up about talks with Hampshire College https://www.gazettenet.com/UMass-presid ... e-24656070

Things are looking bleak in South Amherst right now as 3 trustee members and now the school president have resigned in the last week.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:23 pm

^ I think that we should wait for the bankruptcy filing and buy it and turn it into an upscale resort - run by Marriott/Isenberg - with golf and tennis and a spa and (why not) fox hunting. We would build a national level golf course and bring back the golf team. For Floyd - plenty of room for an international quidditch championship. Mount Ida West.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:13 am

^

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but that's not a bad idea. It would get absolutely destroyed in the public eye, but it's a solid idea. Include Stockbridge and Turf Management into it as well.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:13 am

^ I like the geriatric healthcare idea in addition to the resort ideas.
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:52 am

^ I get the first choice of rooms, preferably overlooking the 18th green.

^^ Stockbridge and Turf Management are core to the concept.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

m626t
Hall of Fame

Post by m626t » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:48 am

In Happy Valley, fox hunting would never fly, unless it can be guaranteed that the horses, dogs and especially the foxes where enjoying the experience, and no one, man nor beast, would be harmed in any way, which actually is only fair.
All due respect, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna pass.

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:58 am

m626t wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:48 am In Happy Valley, fox hunting would never fly, unless it can be guaranteed that the horses, dogs and especially the foxes where enjoying the experience, and no one, man nor beast, would be harmed in any way, which actually is only fair.
My hometown in the Pioneer Valley voted for Trump, drives pickup trucks, listens to country music, and recreational activities include hunting, fishing, and getting drunk on a boat, ATV, or dirt bike. :lol:
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:29 pm

^^ The actual fox was replaced long ago. They chase after a scent laid down beforehand. The horses seem to enjoy the exercise more than the riders.