ADIOS FROM TWO MEMBERS

Questions, comments, etc about UMassHoops.com.
Roadtrip
Hall of Fame

ADIOS FROM TWO MEMBERS

Post by Roadtrip » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Did I get this correct? Today Signman and Chemical Ali have bid farewell to UMasshoops? Curious.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 pm

I know that signman has had some serious health issues lately. I doubt if he does leave it will be for long. By the way where did you hear that?

BostonBert
Junior

Post by BostonBert » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:25 pm

I saw signman say he is all done. What is Chemical Ali's deal? Haven't read that he is outta here.

Roadtrip
Hall of Fame

Post by Roadtrip » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Just looked, can't find it, but somewhere today Ali said something like he had had enough of "this pussy board."

ShadesOf96and98
Senior

Post by ShadesOf96and98 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:51 pm

"this pussy board" would instantly become a better place if that arrogant, condescending tool never posted here again.

I hope Signman is ok.

Roadtrip
Hall of Fame

Post by Roadtrip » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:01 pm

^Agree with you there, Shades, on both.

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Don't know if Signman is gone. He posted around 11 a.m. today (Monday). I believe he had some serious surgery a few months ago but is feeling better now. As for Ali, if he has truly quit the board, I would take that as an excellent indicator that the team is as good as it is looking and DK is a coach of the year candidate.
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

AlPatino
Junior

Post by AlPatino » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Signman is recuperating quite well from his surgery. He is OK.

Chemical Ali
Senior

Post by Chemical Ali » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:28 pm

Roadtrip wrote:Just looked, can't find it, but somewhere today Ali said something like he had had enough of "this pussy board."
Just to be clear. I didn't post "enough of this pussy board." Innervisions did in his signature line. He's a smarmy, lying, little creep obsessed with me.

But, yes, fwiw, I don't plan on posting anymore. I'll still read a post here and there and use the links to articles, but there is a small cluster of posters here who enjoy distorting and flat out lying about my posts (and posts I never even made) that it has become a huge waste of time. When you bring actual evidence and reality to the "debate" they change the subject. When you get frustrated with their lies and call them what they are, say, cocksuckers, Mike tells you not to insult them. Why bother? There's a lot of good posters here like Marty Perez, Floyd, ktabz, Kosty, rayers, UMass 87, the Blue dude and several others who can debate and make interesting posts. That's why I'll keep reading. But I'm sick of wasting time writing something when the Michelle Bachmann's of this board are so determined to create their own twisted reality.

More importantly, go Minutemen! Crushing bc pleases me.

ShadesOf96and98
Senior

Post by ShadesOf96and98 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:42 pm

^^

Maybe if you didnt act like such a dickbag and talk down to everyone, you wouldn't have such a bad experience with this place. The problem isn't everyone else, it's you.

Refuse2Lose83
Hall of Fame

Post by Refuse2Lose83 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Best wishes to signman if he really is done. I'll miss his posts on the board, he's one of the best.
Hire Matt McCall!

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:small cluster of posters here who enjoy distorting and flat out lying about my posts (and posts I never even made)
I've told you repeatedly now: if there are posts that you feel are out of line, bring them to my attention. But you haven't.
Chemical Ali wrote:When you get frustrated with their lies and call them what they are, say, cocksuckers, Mike tells you not to insult them.
Yes, I do, and I'll keep trying to clean up the tone around here. You're not the first person I've asked to clean up, so if you think you're being singled out, you're wrong. I also got on IV's case, publicly, for the spat between you and him.

If you feel like the deck is stacked against you here, sorry. There are a bunch of people who like the way things go around here in general. There are some that don't, I'm aware of that, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

PS. I also have a hard time finding sympathy for a guy who chose for his handle the nickname of a mass-murderer.

Chemical Ali
Senior

Post by Chemical Ali » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:19 am

Needless to say, I think there's a different version. I've sent you a PM.

btw, there's no feeling that I am being singled out. None. And the only reason this is being discussed here is because Innervisions "announced" my "departure" in his signature line and then other people picked that up as something I posted. Funny how that works, huh? Sort of speaks to my point as to why I'm not interested in posting anymore.

ShadesOf96and98
Senior

Post by ShadesOf96and98 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:05 am

There was a time when I thought that the deck was unfairly stacked against me in here, and then I grew up and realized that I brought the worst out in other people because I was carrying on ridiculously myself. Since I figured that out, I haven't had the slightest problem coexisting with the regulars in here, who are all generally reasonable people who will give you all the respect you command.

I hope you can grow up and realize that you have talked down to people in here and generally acted like a dick for too long, and that the reason people treat you like a douche and is because you come across as one nearly every time you make one of your overly condescending posts.

Mike generally doesn't play favorites in here and does a remarkably good job of calling things down the middle and staying pretty objective in everyone's petty beefs, which he doesn't have to do because he is the lone authority in here. So as I've said to you a few times, the problem is not with other people, it is with you, and if you don't figure that out then no one will miss your bullshit around here.

Robertorell
Junior

Post by Robertorell » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:22 am

Wow, it's good to see there's still a little drama on the board! Great win tonight for our guys. Can't wait 'til Fla. State.