Money talks

Get ready for some MACtion
minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Re: Money talks

Post by minutefanjsf » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:53 pm

harbo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:22 pm If we lose three games in the MAC season, lose three games OOC, and lose in the MAC final, do we still get an invite to the Big Dance?
All depends on what the OOC looks like……if we raise the bar high enough and win so high level OOC games and lose only high level the NET may still be high enough. Indiana State didn’t play a strong OOC.

umiejoe
Freshman

Post by umiejoe » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:17 pm

Didn't really know where to put this, but seems like a money talks sort of thing. Reggie Bush got his Heisman trophy returned because in the current world of college sports he did nothing wrong. So, what he did was wrong 15 years ago, but it's OK now because it's now legal to give players bags of money up front. WTF? Does that mean that all previous violations are forgiven? Nobody ever cheated, no school ever won a title( i.e. Michigan, North Carolina, CONNECTICUT for example) with inelegible players because they accepted booster money? The world of college sports has gone mad and is getting crazier every day.

Uminuteman
Senior

Post by Uminuteman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 am

Has the NCAA reinstated our Final 4 appearance?

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:37 am

umiejoe wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:17 pm Didn't really know where to put this, but seems like a money talks sort of thing. Reggie Bush got his Heisman trophy returned because in the current world of college sports he did nothing wrong. So, what he did was wrong 15 years ago, but it's OK now because it's now legal to give players bags of money up front. WTF? Does that mean that all previous violations are forgiven? Nobody ever cheated, no school ever won a title( i.e. Michigan, North Carolina, CONNECTICUT for example) with inelegible players because they accepted booster money? The world of college sports has gone mad and is getting crazier every day.

The Heisman Trophy is given by an organization separate from the NCAA. They can do whatever they want with their award, sort of how they took it away from him in the first place.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 am

Uminuteman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 am Has the NCAA reinstated our Final 4 appearance?

I would say there's a better chance of Mike Greenwell getting the MVP than UMass getting its Final Four formally reinstated.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 am
Uminuteman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 am Has the NCAA reinstated our Final 4 appearance?

I would say there's a better chance of Mike Greenwell getting the MVP than UMass getting its Final Four formally reinstated.
Mike Greenwell
wow........is that like Bob Stanley or Yaz or something?

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 pm

I honestly can't tell by your reply if my reference went way over your head, or I did something wrong in making the reference.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:05 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 pm I honestly can't tell by your reply if my reference went way over your head, or I did something wrong in making the reference.
So confused. Zoo you don’t remember the Gator? Best known for always crashing into Ellis Burks on fly balls 🤣