Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Ringing the Bell on a new era of UM Football.
TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2092
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by TruBluMaroon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:32 am

I wouldn’t expect any announcements until early next week. The story is Saturday’s game, and you don’t want to create a story that goes takes away that focus.
The story of this game also included that UM has another opponent that was ready to schedule, but were able to move to a later date. So that, at least should be next weeks news.

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 15023
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 am

Scheduling note: The smoked pork butt has been changed to making sausages for tomorrow.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

DrG
Senior
Posts: 1929
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:02 pm
Location: MA

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by DrG » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:27 pm

If it's just one or two games, so be it. At least they're trying. As we are seeing, Covid is not going away in either college FB or the NFL.

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2092
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by TruBluMaroon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:09 pm

The Collegian is reporting that this is the first appearance on ESPN2 since 2006!!

User avatar
R&G
Junior
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:45 am
Location: South Shore

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by R&G » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:16 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 am Scheduling note: The smoked pork butt has been changed to making sausages for tomorrow.
Great call. Grilled sausage > pork butt

User avatar
Old Cage
Hall of Fame
Posts: 6112
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:49 pm
Location: The Eastern Provinces

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by Old Cage » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:17 pm

One thought that I have had - and possibly just me - is that a few ADs might be waiting to see how we do tomorrow. If we are competitive, and not tromped on by 77-10, then they might be willing to pay us something to show up. It's just the opposite of other years when you want a cupcake game to boost your record when you are striving for a bowl.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

User avatar
Quann
Senior
Posts: 1502
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: Start Line, MA

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by Quann » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:19 pm

econalum wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:46 am
Quann wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:56 pm Econ, not being a jerk but do you ever have a positive thing to say about our football program?
Fair comment, loved watching Isabella in our FBS iteration, and duly noted this numerous times.

As to the strategic direction to FBS, not so much.
Fair enough Econ, I appreciate your honesty. Hopefully Bamford can cobble together a couple more games.

User avatar
Berkman
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:38 pm
Location: Mooresville, NC
Contact:

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by Berkman » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:48 pm

Got the DVR programed for the game tomorrow. We usually go out to eat on Sat night so I can watch it no matter how bad they do tomorrow.

Jack
Senior
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by Jack » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 am

GAMEDAY !!!!! LETS GO UMASS !!!!!

ZooMass84
Sophomore
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am

econalum wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 pm We have 1 football game scheduled with a FBS opponent into mid-October. Given the issues with COVID raising havoc with conference schedules, who is going to commit to UMass when that slot might be needed for a re-scheduled conference game?

To me, this alone explains the delays in not hearing about more games.
Econ, plenty of schools are going to commit to UMass. Are you still quarantining at home, leaving only to get food? You like to say " the jump up to FBS was a questionable idea" but never give reasons why. You are beating a dead horse: the move to FBS has been made years ago and it's done. Do you also say: the US should not have entered WW2? The US should not have put a man on the moon?

ZooMass84
Sophomore
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:12 am

Looking forward to us on ESPN2 but if we can keep it close and not a repeat of last year's debacle, I'll be happy. No more Brito clapping hands and 3 and out and defense gassed after the first quarter.

User avatar
econalum
Senior
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:31 am
Location: Acton, MA

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by econalum » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:29 am

ZooMass84 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am
econalum wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 pm We have 1 football game scheduled with a FBS opponent into mid-October. Given the issues with COVID raising havoc with conference schedules, who is going to commit to UMass when that slot might be needed for a re-scheduled conference game?

To me, this alone explains the delays in not hearing about more games.
Econ, plenty of schools are going to commit to UMass. Are you still quarantining at home, leaving only to get food? You like to say " the jump up to FBS was a questionable idea" but never give reasons why. You are beating a dead horse: the move to FBS has been made years ago and it's done. Do you also say: the US should not have entered WW2? The US should not have put a man on the moon?
You are a relative newbie to this board. Just review my previous posts, if you are so inclined. I am not inclined to rehash.
Last edited by econalum on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

User avatar
Steve81
Senior
Posts: 1644
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: North Quabbin Region

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by Steve81 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:29 am

FYI - Their 2 deep chart - game notes.
https://gseagles.com/documents/2020/10/ ... df?id=5518

ZooMass84
Sophomore
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:27 pm

econalum wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:29 am
ZooMass84 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am
econalum wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 pm We have 1 football game scheduled with a FBS opponent into mid-October. Given the issues with COVID raising havoc with conference schedules, who is going to commit to UMass when that slot might be needed for a re-scheduled conference game?

To me, this alone explains the delays in not hearing about more games.
Econ, plenty of schools are going to commit to UMass. Are you still quarantining at home, leaving only to get food? You like to say " the jump up to FBS was a questionable idea" but never give reasons why. You are beating a dead horse: the move to FBS has been made years ago and it's done. Do you also say: the US should not have entered WW2? The US should not have put a man on the moon?
You are a relative newbie to this board. Just review my previous posts, if you are so inclined. I am not inclined to rehash.
Whether this is my first day or 20th year, what difference does it make? You make inane straw-man arguments. Do you also compare the US COVID situation to South Korea's? Dateline NBC's "reporting".......You need to back up your posts. And I'm not a relative "newbie" to this board or any other. I'm also on UMass 247 and CSN BBS. You sound like Max Page with his stupid anti-FBS arguments. The academic world including college sports is not a zero sum game.

ZooMass84
Sophomore
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: Game 1A: Georgia Southern

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:35 pm

econalum wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:29 am
ZooMass84 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am
econalum wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 pm We have 1 football game scheduled with a FBS opponent into mid-October. Given the issues with COVID raising havoc with conference schedules, who is going to commit to UMass when that slot might be needed for a re-scheduled conference game?

To me, this alone explains the delays in not hearing about more games.
Econ, plenty of schools are going to commit to UMass. Are you still quarantining at home, leaving only to get food? You like to say " the jump up to FBS was a questionable idea" but never give reasons why. You are beating a dead horse: the move to FBS has been made years ago and it's done. Do you also say: the US should not have entered WW2? The US should not have put a man on the moon?
You are a relative newbie to this board. Just review my previous posts, if you are so inclined. I am not inclined to rehash.
You are a poster on this board, same as anyone else. If someone questions you, you can't just say: review my annotated posts; you give a reason. You sound like Joe Biden or any of the leftist media saying Trump screwed up the response to the pandemic. What would Biden have done differently? Trump listened to the "experts" and that's what was done. It's history.......get over it. Same with UMass going FBS: it's history.....get over it. Whether we win today or lose by 77 points, we played the game. Or do you subscribe to UConn's just bagging the season?

Post Reply