Game 10: "The Greatest Gameday Experience in America"

Get ready for some MACtion
SJGMoney
Junior

Re: Game 10: "The Greatest Gameday Experience in America"

Post by SJGMoney » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:03 pm

I can guarantee that if Fallon still wants to play football he is running, not walking, as fast as possible from this program and it's inept Athletic Department and head coach. He's definitely not sticking around for another year of this.
UMass '87

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Not wanting to waste 3+ hours of my Saturdays, I've gotten into streaming the radio broadcast and actually getting some household projects done. Pete Brock has clearly had enough, and starting talking about dinner plans and sharing recipes for American chop suey. Sounded way better than game stats telling us UMass had gained a total of 25 yards on the ground well into the 4th quarter, averaging 1 yard per carry.

SJGMoney
Junior

Post by SJGMoney » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Brock is great, says it like it is. Guarantee you Bamford and the rest of the department stooges will make sure he is NOT back next year.

On the TV broadcast today Ross Tucker was laughing at Bell and his decision making and inept offense. Guess both guys don't understand.......Culture
UMass '87

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Not that the radio broadcast team of the last number of years was terrible, but this latest crew is a big improvement! Like you say, UMass probably will not ask them to return.

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:37 pm

I think that a warrior like Pete Brock is So credible, removing him from the broadcast would say a lot about this whole mess called being an FBS 'wannabe', and more about a '1984' sports administration re; the failure of the FBS move.

Frankly, if the most rabid FBS fan base on this site could not gather the collective energy to even create a new post for this Army game, that about says it all.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

jjmc85
Senior

Post by jjmc85 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:52 am

Listened for the first time all season because I don’t have CBSSports. I only made it through the first half before shutting it off, but I wondered if this was the first football game Jay Burnham (sp?) had ever watched. Seemed confused on several plays. Had to ask his color guy about the rules at least once. Was shocked that the Army Cheerleaders did a push up for every point, not every TD. Thinking about it more, he’s probably the perfect play by play guy for this team.
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

jjmc85
Senior

Post by jjmc85 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:08 am

econalum wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:37 pm I think that a warrior like Pete Brock is So credible, removing him from the broadcast would say a lot about this whole mess called being an FBS 'wannabe', and more about a '1984' sports administration re; the failure of the FBS move.

Frankly, if the most rabid FBS fan base on this site could not gather the collective energy to even create a new post for this Army game, that about says it all.
Listen, there’s plenty of evidence for how bad this team is and how sick the fanbase is getting but this fascination you have with game threads is mind boggling. There was no new thread for the top ten match ups hockey had vs NU. Instead the previous thread was recycled. No one’s replied to your UNH game thread yet either, and if UMass wins that they very well may be no. 1 in the USCHO poll. Does that mean that the most rabid hockey fan base on this site could not gather their collective energy to even create a post for that series? Or does it maybe mean game threads are dying? Check USCHO. Used to be game threads for every single game ten years ago. Now there aren’t any.

Times are changing.
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:37 am

I can't believe Door Bell's comments after game!

Talking about Brito:

“I don’t think he played his best football, but I don’t think that any of the other 10 guys around him played their best football either,” Bell said. “It’s a team game. You hate to heap a lot of blame when you’re not really sure and you haven’t seen the tape yet. I don’t think he played his best ball and I think he’d tell you the same thing, but we got to be better around him as well."

He directly criticized Curtis after the FIU loss but refuses to do it to his boy Brito. Bell is "not really sure," did he even watch the game that he was supposed to be coaching? If all the offense sucks then its on his, the coach's fault. Has he even once taken the blame directly as the head coach and offensive genius?

Bell also said that they were down to three Safeties and three CBs--so why did he continue to run the hurry (nothing up) offense and not try keep his defense off the field??????? He didn't run Torres once after he had some success last week against Liberty. This is mind-boggling!

https://dailycollegian.com/2019/11/umas ... d-by-army/
Last edited by dennisdent on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJGMoney
Junior

Post by SJGMoney » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:40 am

Walt Diaco post game comments:
https://youtu.be/0bhoYXOQW04
UMass '87

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 am

SJGMoney wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:40 am Walt Diaco post game comments:
https://youtu.be/0bhoYXOQW04
Funny! He's out of work and Bell should be selling insurance or cars.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 am

The quote in the gazette article from Bell trying to keep the defense off the field by controlling pace was mind boggling. Pretty sure I saw us play hurry up the whole game....

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:11 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 am The quote in the gazette article from Bell trying to keep the defense off the field by controlling pace was mind boggling. Pretty sure I saw us play hurry up the whole game....
Agreed! They huddled once and hurried the rest. That comment made zero sense to me. The only games they have slowed down is Akron and FIU, where they gave out the least amount of points to the opposition.

I really wish Bamford could ask him why he's not slowing down to give his undermanned defense a break. I really believe that this causing so many injuries on the defense. There have been a lot less offensive players hurt because they are barely on the field.