GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Ringing the Bell on a new era of UM Football.
User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 14374
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:20 am

eldonabe wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:13 am
LS71 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:00 am
^^^^ There's good chance that there will be more people on the field than in the stands. :? :(

I will take that bet - as in I think there will be more people on the field!


I remember watching Umass play (Akron I think) on a Thursday night TV game. It was raining and there could not have been more than 200 people there. It was awful.

Not during the FBS tenure, but that game @URI in the hurricane had about 11 people there. That was interesting to watch. The UConn game last year in the storm probably had 150 people there.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

User avatar
MJatUM
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4231
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:46 pm
Location: Attleboro

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by MJatUM » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:42 am

eldonabe wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:13 am
LS71 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:00 am
^^^^ There's good chance that there will be more people on the field than in the stands. :? :(

I will take that bet - as in I think there will be more people on the field!


I remember watching Umass play (Akron I think) on a Thursday night TV game. It was raining and there could not have been more than 200 people there. It was awful.
STOP SPREADING YOUR ANTI FOOTBALL PROPAGANDA YOU TROLL!

User avatar
econalum
Senior
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:31 am
Location: Acton, MA

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by econalum » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:01 pm

collegian's take on the game - we'll run the ball.
https://dailycollegian.com/2019/09/ally ... ith-akron/
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

User avatar
LS71
Hall of Fame
Posts: 6603
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Lost in Space

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by LS71 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:09 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:20 am
eldonabe wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:13 am
LS71 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:00 am
^^^^ There's good chance that there will be more people on the field than in the stands. :? :(

I will take that bet - as in I think there will be more people on the field!


I remember watching Umass play (Akron I think) on a Thursday night TV game. It was raining and there could not have been more than 200 people there. It was awful.

Not during the FBS tenure, but that game @URI in the hurricane had about 11 people there. That was interesting to watch. The UConn game last year in the storm probably had 150 people there.
Curious...did you go to either of those games?
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 14374
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:12 pm

LS71 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:09 pm
Curious...did you go to either of those games?

No. I can't remember if we had plans to go to the URI one or not. We were intending to go to the UConn game last year but cancelled a few days before once it was clear it was going to be a monsoon.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

User avatar
LS71
Hall of Fame
Posts: 6603
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Lost in Space

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by LS71 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:13 pm

eldonabe wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:13 am
LS71 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:00 am
^^^^ There's good chance that there will be more people on the field than in the stands. :? :(
I will take that bet - as in I think there will be more people on the field!
All too often that seems to be the case at women’s basketball games.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

User avatar
LS71
Hall of Fame
Posts: 6603
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Lost in Space

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by LS71 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:16 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:12 pm
LS71 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:09 pm
Curious...did you go to either of those games?

No. I can't remember if we had plans to go to the URI one or not. We were intending to go to the UConn game last year but cancelled a few days before once it was clear it was going to be a monsoon.
Same here re: last years UConn game...plus it a was on the TV.

I was able to see it and stay warm and dry! 8)
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

kd68
Junior
Posts: 380
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:05 pm

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by kd68 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:18 am

Akron at #129 favored by 7 over #130 Umass.

User avatar
Old Cage
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5713
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:49 pm
Location: The Eastern Provinces

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by Old Cage » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:00 am

Josh Walfish @JoshWalfishDHG
Sep 28
BREAKING NEWS: According to a source close to the program, #UMass coach Walt Bell has suspended Mike Caggiano, Will Connery, Adam Deese, Kyle Horn, Randall West and Mike Yerardi for today's game for a violation of team rules.

Michael Curtis will start for the Minutemen at QB.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

stevemaz
Junior
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:23 am

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by stevemaz » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:19 am

Steve Maz aka the Sports Psychic will be in the house. Probably gonna buy a ticket to the Comm. Club if anyone wants to meet the legend

UMass 37 Akron 35

TruBluMaroon
Senior
Posts: 1841
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by TruBluMaroon » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:36 am

Old Cage wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:00 am
Josh Walfish @JoshWalfishDHG
Sep 28
BREAKING NEWS: According to a source close to the program, #UMass coach Walt Bell has suspended Mike Caggiano, Will Connery, Adam Deese, Kyle Horn, Randall West and Mike Yerardi for today's game for a violation of team rules.

Michael Curtis will start for the Minutemen at QB.
Is WB having a difficult time establishing control? All I know about Randall West has come from this board and local media, but after 4+ Years of football and 2 years of basketball, this suspension is far from his past behaviors, nice that the Football home page features game captains from Coastal Carolina including Kyle Horn....this is game five and two (Norwood) previous game captains won’t be in uniform...
Last edited by TruBluMaroon on Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack
Senior
Posts: 1201
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by Jack » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:59 am

Getting ready to go out and watch this game. Should be a lovely day in Amherst. I have no idea what Walt Bell is doing w/this team but hopefully the Band is entertaining. I am concerned about all of these suspensions. 1 or 2 suspensions for a game is one thing.... but what we are hearing about these suspensions is concerning. Oh well, Hopefully they go out and play a good football game. :D

78
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8024
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:52 pm
Location: Near Boston

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by 78 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:13 am

I believe They are going to be at like 50 scholarship players today after the suspensions... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8197
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by 69MG » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:35 am

From everything I know about Randall West, this just doesn't make any sense. As far as the game, I don't really care. I'll still be there and I wasn't expecting a win anyway. Curtis will start, so there's that. For the bettors, the line may go to double digits so if you want to bet Akron and lay 7.5 do it quickly.

mdogt12
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3047
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:30 pm
Location: maine

Re: GAME 5 9/28 AKRON

Post by mdogt12 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:38 am

https://www.gazettenet.com/UMass-footba ... s-28887845
Article about suspensions sounds like missing curfew

Post Reply