A pep talk for the masses from the Sports Psychic

Get ready for some MACtion
stevemaz
Senior

A pep talk for the masses from the Sports Psychic

Post by stevemaz » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:36 am

Some of my past predictions

1987: UMass Hoops will one day make it to the Final Four
1990: Bill Parcels will be the Pats coach and win SB with them (close enough.. haha)
1998: Umass football will win the National title... made this one after being slotted as 11 seed
2003: Sox will lose to yanks in horrific fashion only to turn tables in 2004 with dramatic WS series win
2012: LA Kings as 8 seed will win cup
2016: 2019 will be Brady's last year with team.

2019: Umass football will be bowl bound in 2021

As bad as it looks this morning, I think we have the right guy in place because of his recruiting ability. Sure, he has a lot to learn as a head coach but he has a few years to figure that out. Stay the course.. he is not the dope CM was. Yes, we suck big fat donkey balls today and will upgrade that to just your every day suck next year, but year three things will come into view. Trust the all knowing Sports Psychic.

One thing though.. put Curtis in at QB for the rest of the season and go to a ball control offense as much as possible. I think we can steal one next week and beat Uconn

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Re: A pep talk for the masses from the Sports Psychic

Post by Berkman » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:56 am

I agree. We need to get rid of the no huddle offense to use as much of the clock as possible. I also agree that Curtis would be a better QB to do that.

DeeDeeBee
Sophomore

Post by DeeDeeBee » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:19 am

Well said! (Although you lose some w/the donkey balls take!😁) I totally agree! Patience is the operative word. It's maddening to read some of the comments after just three games into the Bell era! Some of these "experts" are so full of shit it's laughable....so I hope they continue because it's fun to read. I have no problem with disagreeing with some decisions Bell makes but the sweeping declarations spewed by some are just stupid! Go UMass.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:48 am

stevemaz wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:36 am Some of my past predictions

1987: UMass Hoops will one day make it to the Final Four
1990: Bill Parcels will be the Pats coach and win SB with them (close enough.. haha)
1998: Umass football will win the National title... made this one after being slotted as 11 seed
2003: Sox will lose to yanks in horrific fashion only to turn tables in 2004 with dramatic WS series win
2012: LA Kings as 8 seed will win cup
So what you are saying is that so far you are 5 for 422?
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

Rolling Ridge
Junior

Post by Rolling Ridge » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:20 pm

I think being competitive for a bowl by 2021 time is a bit premature unless we get some fairly substantial transfer talent, particularly on defense. I think 2022 is a more realistic timetable given where we are right now, and I'd hope we'd at least be looking at the potential for 5-7 wins at that stage. I do fully expect to see improvement by 2021 (if we don't, heaven help us). By that time, I think we'll have a good sense is Bell was or wasn't a good hire, and I'm not going start making any serious evaluation of him until then.

kd68
Junior

Post by kd68 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:25 pm

This is all contingent on Bell being able to recruit and retain good talent. We should have some answers on this by next year.