Game 2: Southern Illinois - 9/7/2019

Get ready for some MACtion
minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Re: Game 2: Southern Illinois - 9/7/2019

Post by minutefanjsf » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:47 am

TruBluMaroon wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:11 pm
Rolling Ridge wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:30 pm
KahunaK wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:59 pmMy point was not just focused on qb. Thinking about last year, if Barr was not granted a sixth year and averaged 40 tackles per game, how many games would UMASS have won???? Who was being brought up behind him? I think Bell needs to get about 15 players from the transfer portal to get some experience on the field.
I think your point is spot on when you look at the overall team. Also agreed about transfers/JuCo/whatever. We need help and we need it fast. Can't languish like this for three years. Well, I guess we can but it will suck big time. We'll see what happens.

As far as the in-game sound issues, I'm in section 6, about 1/4 of the way up, and there were times I couldn't hear a person sitting three seats away from me who is yelling to try and be heard. Not all the time, but enough that it was annoying. I'm in a freaking rock band, I get loud music and love it! But this is not a rock concert and this is not why I got to UMass football games. There is a disconnect here, and I'm going to start making my feelings known in as constructive a way as possible.

Go U!
Very quiet on the old home side, sunny and plenty of available seats too!
Old home side was always the shady side. It was an abomination and ill thought out plan to move the home side across the field.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:50 am

inthescoop wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:26 am
MajBugman wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:35 am I have to speculate that one of the reasons West won the job is because of his character. The team is young and Bell knew this was going to be a tough year. West at the helm can help keep the locker room up.
It is 100% character. UMass coaches praise the hell out of this guy for being the ultimate team player and gym rat. Which is probably true, I am not going to argue that, but talent should come first. And it is the coaches job to mentally prepare all players to their fullest capabilities. Maybe Bell hasn’t learned the best way to do that yet, not capturing that unique coaching skill yet. He knows he doesn’t have to do it in West; he doesn’t need to be coached up, he has the “right” attitude that is a coaches dream. Bell is still new to being a head coach, so he’s taking the safe route now, which in my opinion should not be the case since there is no safe route for UMass football.
Bell might also think he can increase skills of players and if recruiting promises become reality and he has established the culture that the “right attitude” wins the playing time, he won’t have to work as hard increasing skills, they will supposedly have it. The plan makes sense. It just sucks for this year. It is exactly what Carvel did with hockey.

jjmc85
Senior

Post by jjmc85 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:52 am

KahunaK wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:17 am People in my section were chanting "We want Molnar and Bring back Charlie".
I hope these people were watching Idaho yesterday.
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 am

^^^^^
Sounds like a group that’s into s&m. Sickos!