2020 Recruiting

Ringing the Bell on a new era of UM Football.
km109
Junior
Posts: 712
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:49 am
Location: ME

2020 Recruiting

Post by km109 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:42 pm

Per FightMassachusetts.com on 247 Sports the Minutemen get their first commitment in 3* QB Brady Martin from Lawrence Academy.

User avatar
Old Cage
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:49 pm
Location: The Eastern Provinces

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by Old Cage » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:07 pm

The "2019 Recruiting" thread did not begin until September, and included this on the first page:

"Re: 2019 Recruiting
Post by TheInsider » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:17 am
Hopefully the next guy does a better job landing early commits."
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

TruBluMaroon
Senior
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by TruBluMaroon » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:20 am

km109 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:42 pm
Per FightMassachusetts.com on 247 Sports the Minutemen get their first commitment in 3* QB Brady Martin from Lawrence Academy.
Nice, there will be five (5) QB's on the Fall 2019 roster who have yet to play a game at QB....

eldonabe
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4265
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:34 pm
Location: Western MA

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by eldonabe » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:23 am

TruBluMaroon wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:20 am
km109 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:42 pm
Per FightMassachusetts.com on 247 Sports the Minutemen get their first commitment in 3* QB Brady Martin from Lawrence Academy.
Nice, there will be five (5) QB's on the Fall 2019 roster who have yet to play a game at QB....
Like - never? Not even in HS? :P


You gotta start someplace. I say with the new coach and new system - start fresh. If one of these 5 stand out, you run with him from day one and grow the player into the system and the system around the player. We ain't Alabama - NFL talent-level starters are not walking through that door every 2 years.
In Matt McCall I trust!

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8008
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by 69MG » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:39 am

TruBluMaroon wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:20 am
km109 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:42 pm
Per FightMassachusetts.com on 247 Sports the Minutemen get their first commitment in 3* QB Brady Martin from Lawrence Academy.
Nice, there will be five (5) QB's on the Fall 2019 roster who have yet to play a game at QB....
Not sure if you were including him, but Martin is a 2020 recruit.

Berkman
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5275
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:38 pm
Location: Mooresville, NC
Contact:

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by Berkman » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:05 pm

QB's are usually the best player on a high school team. A lot of them play another position, say defensive back. So if some of these guys don't play at QB they could change to a db.

TruBluMaroon
Senior
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by TruBluMaroon » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:53 pm

69MG wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:39 am
TruBluMaroon wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:20 am
km109 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:42 pm
Per FightMassachusetts.com on 247 Sports the Minutemen get their first commitment in 3* QB Brady Martin from Lawrence Academy.
Nice, there will be five (5) QB's on the Fall 2019 roster who have yet to play a game at QB....
Not sure if you were including him, but Martin is a 2020 recruit.
No, just mentioning that before any one emerges as the starter in 2019, they already got a guy knocking on the door!

McKinney
Senior
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by McKinney » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:31 am

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/9244/bay ... blitz-book

Notre Dame article talking about the 2020 recruiting class from Massachusetts.

Interesting insight into the development of quality talent here in the Bay State. Seems counterintuitive given what we know about declining participation here and around the country.
Ryan McKinney - Class of 2019 - @mckinney2019

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8008
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by 69MG » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:36 am

Do we rescind the offer or give him another chance?
Noah Bodden
‏@bodden_noah
Follow Follow @bodden_noah
More
Thanks to god, I have received an offer from the university of UMASS!

KahunaK
Junior
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: No. Virginia

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by KahunaK » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:05 pm

69MG wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:36 am
Do we rescind the offer or give him another chance?
Noah Bodden
‏@bodden_noah
Follow Follow @bodden_noah
More
Thanks to god, I have received an offer from the university of UMASS!
Who are we recruiting against? University of USC, University of UCLA, University of UCONN?

McKinney
Senior
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by McKinney » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:07 pm

^ I heard Boston College University is in the mix.
Ryan McKinney - Class of 2019 - @mckinney2019

User avatar
MajBugman
Senior
Posts: 1729
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Aberdeen, MD

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by MajBugman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:09 pm

McKinney wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:07 pm
^ I heard Boston College University is in the mix.
Dang it, you beat me to it! :lol:
Raise the bar, do the minimum.

McKinney
Senior
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by McKinney » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Is it a small, nitpicky, quasi-pointless issue? Of course.

Why do schools have this issue at all? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ryan McKinney - Class of 2019 - @mckinney2019

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8008
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by 69MG » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:51 pm

McKinney wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:11 pm
Is it a small, nitpicky, quasi-pointless issue? Of course.

Why do schools have this issue at all? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jokingly, on this board it is a major crime, close to a felony to get the name wrong. The only thing he could have done worse would have been "university of UMASS Amherst". :lol: :lol: :lol:

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8008
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: 2020 Recruiting

Post by 69MG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 am

So you are saying "there's a chance"?

https://beastsofeast.home.blog/2019/06/ ... uke-umass/

Post Reply