Good read....

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2018/1 ... ment-hole/

Should send it to Bamford....
Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

DrG
Senior

Re: Whip suspended

Post by DrG » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:15 pm

^ This guy is a far-right conservative without much of a following as far as I can tell. I wouldn't put much credence in this unless it happens to be your political point of view.

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Cahoonaville wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:17 pm Good read....

This guy is pathetic.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:14 pm

capezona wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:23 pm

This guy is pathetic.
Agree read it quickly. BTW raping a place is not the same definition used when a person is raped, which is what Whip said. Maybe an apology and fine would have sufficed, but I'm not crushed by the suspension.

UMass'96
Senior
Location: Back in the good 'ole US of A not some 3rd world shithole

Post by UMass'96 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:04 am

DrG wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:15 pm ^ This guy is a far-right conservative without much of a following as far as I can tell. I wouldn't put much credence in this unless it happens to be your political point of view.
Why is it that anyone with a differing opinion from the main stream, must be a far right conservative? Is it easier just to label him that rather than deal with his points?

As a combat veteran should I be offended when someone compares a game to battle or war, as a previous poster mentioned. I can tell you that in no way does a game resemble those things.

During the 4th of July, my skin feels like I have spiders crawling on it from the fireworks. I especially hate when a loud explosion occurs unexpectedly. Should I ask that we ban all fireworks because it bothers me?

I am especially offended when someone asks me if I killed anyone during the war. But, I take it in stride knowing that it is just a morbid curiousity question on their part. I want to punch them in the face but, I simply say I'm not going to discuss that. In the end, I just deal with it. They don't know that it's offensive to me, their just curious. So I don't fault them for that.

This nonsense of people being so easily offended has gone to far. When I was a kid my mom told me the rhyme, "Sticks and stone may break my bones but words will never hurt me." What happened to those days of just dealing with shit. Go figure it out. You're gonna have a long, miserable life if you just can't deal with shit. The world is not a fair place and people say stuff that you don't like. That's just how it is...
Last edited by UMass'96 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Save your breath... you'll need it to blow up your date

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:07 am

For the sake of argument, let's say that Umass comes out and plays great.

They run something of a more dynamic (or less predictable) offense, the players look like they are responding to the coaching staff better, and Umass just looks better/different without Whip out there.

Would that do it? Would that be the final nail in the coffin?

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:17 am

eldonabe wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:07 am For the sake of argument, let's say that Umass comes out and plays great.

They run something of a more dynamic (or less predictable) offense, the players look like they are responding to the coaching staff better, and Umass just looks better/different without Whip out there.

Bamford doesn't seem to like to pull that trigger (sorry, UMass'96 lol) during the season, so not likely.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:29 am

There could be a plus side to all of the publicity this has generated. We certainly have gotten a lot of exposure. Maybe it could help recruiting.

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:54 am

eldonabe wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:07 am For the sake of argument, let's say that Umass comes out and plays great.

For the sake of argument, say they (Spencer Whipple - if you believe the interim HC) call something "more dynamicm (or less predictable) , how would Spencer Whipple feel about costing his father his job?
Discuss amongst yourselves......will this impact exactly what Spencer Whipple calls?

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:54 am

TruBluMaroon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:54 am

For the sake of argument, say they (Spencer Whipple - if you believe the interim HC) call something "more dynamicm (or less predictable) , how would Spencer Whipple feel about costing his father his job?
Discuss amongst yourselves......will this impact exactly what Spencer Whipple calls?
If this happens. It could actually spell the opposite. Bamford forces Whip to hire Spencer as an OC and keeps Whip for another year.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Stick to being a weirdo and hijacking discussions with your very mediocre puns.

Actually, no.... don't stick to that as well.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:48 pm

So Whip is back coaching as of today, correct? Obviously there is a bye coming up so it's likely they'll have a few days off... but he's back, right?
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:53 pm

inthescoop wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Stick to being a weirdo and hijacking discussions with your very mediocre puns.

Actually, no.... don't stick to that as well.
Careful, you may end up in those sensitivity training courses with Whipple! Wrong person could get totally offended by those comments.
Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:09 am

Did... Did... Did he just use the H-Word!?!?

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:17 am

Class of 2019 - @StatsMass