State of the Progam

Get ready for some MACtion
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: State of the Progam

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:46 am

Old Cage wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:41 pm

On the other end of that spectrum, here's reason #14,238 why we should never, ever contract to play this school:

I beg to differ... we might win now.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 am

"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

FightMass19
Sophomore

Post by FightMass19 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:24 am

Old Cage wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 am Ryan comments:

https://collegefootball.gameday.blog/ncaa/2040/
the uniform displayed in that pic is an all-timer.

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:32 pm

Have posted recently that perhaps the A10 is best for UMass and cold feet about the AAC. With UConn gone there is only Temple that is bus-able and everyone else is a flight for all sports. It's my hope 4-7 years a combination with UConn or Army football only to another G5 conference would make some sense. Giving us a local bus-able game football and rival with a conference championship game and bowl tie-ins.

That said, independence is not bad having both UConn and Army on the schedule and sometimes Boston College as bus-able, local games.

From the article above
“From a football standpoint, looking at a league like the American with UConn and Temple in there would have made some sense,” Bamford said of talk about potentially taking the Huskies spot. “Now, I don’t think it does and we’ve found that being an independent and getting a really good, competitive, balanced schedule is doable. Now having lived it for three years and scheduling for the next three or four, there’s no real impetus for us to get into a league when I think there’s going to be more independent football-playing schools in the next three-to-five years as there’s going to be conference realignment.”
Go UMass!!

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:35 pm

FightMass19 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:24 am
Old Cage wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 am Ryan comments:

https://collegefootball.gameday.blog/ncaa/2040/
the uniform displayed in that pic is an all-timer.
The perfect UMass uniform 😀

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:16 pm

Big 10 just said they will only play conference games for fall sports....if at all. OSU just stopped practice since so many players had COVID 19. I can't see how any conference is going to play in the fall.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... N3v1GhKdUg

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -outbreak/

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 am

Bamford is more pessimistic than 3 weeks ago on Fall 20 sports, according to Globe.

"Where I think this is going is, probably, we’re not trending in the right direction for the fall sports, I can tell you that,” UMass athletic director Ryan Bamford said. “I would’ve felt differently three weeks ago, but I think the way the pandemic has mounted in some of the geographical hot spots in the country, it’s created a real challenge for us as an industry.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/09/ ... make-move/
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:40 am

I'd rather he be outwardly honest about it than give us false hope. He should feel that way... It's pretty obvious what is coming down the Pike here.

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:57 am

Steve81 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:32 pm Have posted recently that perhaps the A10 is best for UMass and cold feet about the AAC. With UConn gone there is only Temple that is bus-able and everyone else is a flight for all sports. It's my hope 4-7 years a combination with UConn or Army football only to another G5 conference would make some sense. Giving us a local bus-able game football and rival with a conference championship game and bowl tie-ins.

That said, independence is not bad having both UConn and Army on the schedule and sometimes Boston College as bus-able, local games.
Completely agree. Unless we're going to a conference with big TV and/or bowl money (hint- we're not) then independence is 100% the way to go FOR now. I am secretly hoping that with what is going on right now the next realignment focuses heavily on geography. There is a strong conference to be made from the mid-atlantic and north that hopefully we can carve a piece out of.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:14 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:40 am I'd rather he be outwardly honest about it than give us false hope. He should feel that way... It's pretty obvious what is coming down the Pike here.

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious
One of these days you'll be promoted to Major Obvious. Keep on truckin'.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:23 am

69MG wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:14 pm
InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:40 am I'd rather he be outwardly honest about it than give us false hope. He should feel that way... It's pretty obvious what is coming down the Pike here.

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious
One of these days you'll be promoted to Major Obvious. Keep on truckin'.

Good Eddie Kendricks reference right there. ♫ Keep on truckin, baby! ♫

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:22 pm

Or the Grateful Dead! They played at McGuirk for the spring concert in my day. Was a great show.
Go UMass!!

rayers
Senior

Post by rayers » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:35 pm

👆 It was an epic day!! I think it also included Taj Mahal and Patty Smythe or is that alcohol infused memory fail?!?

Berko
Freshman

Post by Berko » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:22 pm

Roy Ayers opened the show, then Patti Smith. great Dead show, one of the first with Brent Mydland on keyboards. great show as was the Allman Brothers the next year. Went to shit after that.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:30 am

Steve81 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:22 pm Or the Grateful Dead! They played at McGuirk for the spring concert in my day. Was a great show.

Their lyric is "Just keep truckin' on," while Eddie's is exact to what 69 said, though I did add the "baby" part to it.

Also, the Grateful Dead suck. :wink: