Game 6: vs Ohio

Get ready for some MACtion
gosox22
Junior

Re: Game 6: vs Ohio

Post by gosox22 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:20 pm

gosox22 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:16 pm There is a 0% chance Whipple is still the head coach going into next season.
This prediction is looking pretty dumb right now, isn't it? :lol: Here's hoping for a big win to finish the 2nd half of the season 5-1. What a turnaround!

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:02 pm

eldonabe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:32 am
stevemaz wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:11 am The second half of the season should see wins vs Ga So, Maine, and FIU and close games with App State and BYU. I firmly believe that this could have ended up a 8-4/9-3 season based on all of our opponents who are worse than projected.
Dude - really? Nobody could or should firmly believe a win of any kind is coming - including Maine. Now the law of averages is certainly in the favor of Umass. As bad as this train wreck has been they have not yet dropped a donut in the win column for a season yet at least.

When the offense plays good, the defense doesn't show up. When the defense plays well, the offense struggles. The special teams are fucking terrible. Even an improvement to mediocre special teams probably adds 5-8 wins to the program (if not more). The coach is not dumb he has to see this? If he has in fact tried to fix it - there is absolutely no evidence of it as it would appear the has only thrown gas on a fire.

The double bye is meaningless to me - they had an entire fucking summer to prepare for a team they "could" have beaten and blew it - shockingly because of bad special teams and an absurd play calling down the stretch. They played not to lose that game - THEY HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE! ... and they need to play like that - they never have and with Whip at the helm they never will.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Why I don't like to make predictions. When eldonabe wrote this, I agreed with him and thought stevemaz was being a bit optimistic.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:57 am

Yes some people on here were overly pessimistic and didn't see how improved the team was despite the losses. It was understandable. I was one of the people that realized how improved the team was under Coach Whipple and that Whip has done a great job at UMASS so far. Everybody is entitled to their opinion - Hopefully we go out today and close things out with a W !! :D

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:27 am

I prefer my crow to be served hot. I will be happy to eat some too.

stevemaz
Senior

Post by stevemaz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:33 am

KahunaK wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:02 pm
eldonabe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:32 am
stevemaz wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:11 am The second half of the season should see wins vs Ga So, Maine, and FIU and close games with App State and BYU. I firmly believe that this could have ended up a 8-4/9-3 season based on all of our opponents who are worse than projected.
Dude - really? Nobody could or should firmly believe a win of any kind is coming - including Maine. Now the law of averages is certainly in the favor of Umass. As bad as this train wreck has been they have not yet dropped a donut in the win column for a season yet at least.

When the offense plays good, the defense doesn't show up. When the defense plays well, the offense struggles. The special teams are fucking terrible. Even an improvement to mediocre special teams probably adds 5-8 wins to the program (if not more). The coach is not dumb he has to see this? If he has in fact tried to fix it - there is absolutely no evidence of it as it would appear the has only thrown gas on a fire.

The double bye is meaningless to me - they had an entire fucking summer to prepare for a team they "could" have beaten and blew it - shockingly because of bad special teams and an absurd play calling down the stretch. They played not to lose that game - THEY HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE! ... and they need to play like that - they never have and with Whip at the helm they never will.
UMass should be playing for win #8 today..
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Why I don't like to make predictions. When eldonabe wrote this, I agreed with him and thought stevemaz was being a bit optimistic.