Pats post mordem.. the real winner is Umass

Get ready for some MACtion
Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Re: Pats post mordem.. the real winner is Umass

Post by Old Cage » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:09 am

Anyone here old enough to remember the original Hostess pink Sno Balls? My all-time favorite - a coconut covering over rich chocolate and a creme filling.

Heading for the bus after high school practice, I detoured a bit to walk past a Hostess bakery's day-old store (yes, that's all they sold there). It's been all downhill since.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 am

Old Cage wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:09 am Anyone here old enough to remember the original Hostess pink Sno Balls? My all-time favorite - a coconut covering over rich chocolate and a creme filling.

Heading for the bus after high school practice, I detoured a bit to walk past a Hostess bakery's day-old store (yes, that's all they sold there). It's been all downhill since.
Yes, eating a lot of those Sno Balls can make anyone go downhill. :D

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:48 am

^ My point. Exactly! :lol:
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

OrchardHill75
Sophomore

Post by OrchardHill75 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 am

Not only do I remember them well, OC, but I can still feel the "squishy" sensation of how that covering kind of melted in your mouth. And I probably haven't had one in about 50+ years!
Old Cage wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:09 am Anyone here old enough to remember the original Hostess pink Sno Balls? My all-time favorite - a coconut covering over rich chocolate and a creme filling.

How come I can't come up with a pithy SIGNATURE and cool AVATAR like everyone else here??

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:34 am

Ewwwww. The way you could peel the "frosting" off snowballs was disgusting. Probably could have played a good game at half-ball with the frosting covers.
Last edited by 78 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:04 pm

eldonabe wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:50 am but nothing compares to those beautiful little chocolate Hostess Donut 6-packs - NOTHING!
Doomsday preppers probably save those fuckin things. Could leave em outside thru a thunderstorm and they'd still be good. Dry as a mofo too
Time to Win

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Floyd wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:04 pm
eldonabe wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:50 am but nothing compares to those beautiful little chocolate Hostess Donut 6-packs - NOTHING!
Doomsday preppers probably save those fuckin things. Could leave em outside thru a thunderstorm and they'd still be good. Dry as a mofo too
And I'll add 1 more nugget to this shitty pastry cake symposium, Twinkles are the worst "food item" ever invented. Like stuffing a sponge filled with joint compound in your mouth
Time to Win

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Floyd wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:04 pm

That is why they invented milk - and they are even better with chocolate milk!