Marken Michel

Whip'ing the program back into shape.
stevemaz
Junior

Marken Michel

Post by stevemaz » Sun May 01, 2016 7:25 am

I said it a few years ago.. This guy is a sleeper of the highest order and will make plays in the NFL. Troy Brownesque.

stevemaz
Junior

Re: Marken Michel

Post by stevemaz » Sun May 01, 2016 7:27 am

thinking back to last season, his injury was the number one reason Umass didn't go to a bowl. The number two reason was not giving enough attempts to Young.

PreecherJenkins
Junior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Sun May 01, 2016 11:35 am

Steve,

There was not one player that was the reason that this flawed team did not make a bowl game.

stevemaz
Junior

Post by stevemaz » Sun May 01, 2016 4:22 pm

I don't know. if he was out there full speed they may have won a few of those close low scoring games vs bad MAC teams. I bet they go 6-6 with him out there.

minutefanjsf
Senior

Post by minutefanjsf » Sun May 01, 2016 7:24 pm

PreecherJenkins wrote:Steve,

There was not one player that was the reason that this flawed team did not make a bowl game.
Yes the team was flawed. To be bowl eligible they needed to pull out three more wins. Miami, Kent and Akron were games they should have won. Running the ball a bit more along with some other receiver options aside from Tajae would've helped. Marken getting hurt mattered, but injuries are part of the game. I don't know if he was the missing key in those three loses.

PreecherJenkins
Junior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Mon May 02, 2016 10:02 am

stevemaz wrote:I don't know. if he was out there full speed they may have won a few of those close low scoring games vs bad MAC teams. I bet they go 6-6 with him out there.
how about your QB not taking a safety by running out of his own end zone or how about your kicker not getting his PAT blocked and returned for two points or finding a way to score more than 14 points at home against the crappy mac. This guy is not Randy Moss, my guess is he better learn O Canada

njumass08
Hall of Fame

Post by njumass08 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:47 am

Cheer up Preacher.
"I just believe in being positive." - Mark Whipple

PreecherJenkins
Junior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Tue May 03, 2016 6:49 am

njumass08 wrote:Cheer up Preacher.
Just keeping it real NJ. I think you know being as smart as you are, that this team was not close in those games even if the score said they were, and next years team is even further away.

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Tue May 03, 2016 7:29 am

PreecherJenkins wrote:
Just keeping it real NJ. I think you know being as smart as you are, that this team was not close in those games even if the score said they were, and next years team is even further away.
@Preecher It's been difficult to hear the folks say "The team will gain support when they start winning", and then look at our SEC 2016 schedule.

PreecherJenkins
Junior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Tue May 03, 2016 7:52 am

^ Photo- Where am I talking about fan support of the team? I made a comment that they were a 3-9 team and not really that close to being a 6-6 team and next season really does not look promising.

Should I take back what I said because its not unicorns and rainbows?

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Tue May 03, 2016 7:59 am

PreecherJenkins wrote:^ Photo- Where am I talking about fan support of the team? I made a comment that they were a 3-9 team and not really that close to being a 6-6 team and next season really does not look promising.

Should I take back what I said because its not unicorns and rainbows?
@preecher- I think you misinterpreted my post. I was agreeing with you! We were FAR from unicorns and rainbows and our killer schedule will keep those unicorns at bay.

njumass08
Hall of Fame

Post by njumass08 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:07 am

PreecherJenkins wrote:
I think we were all surprised with the lack of scoring. The offensive line had a very off year and I still haven't figured out why. That caused a lot of problems.
"I just believe in being positive." - Mark Whipple

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue May 03, 2016 9:13 am

^

No Jean Sifrin. One less massive body to block, one less massive body to just get the ball too when the other options break down. All of that combined had much more of an impact on the season then we thought it would.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

minutefanjsf
Senior

Post by minutefanjsf » Tue May 03, 2016 11:16 am

njumass08 wrote:
PreecherJenkins wrote:
I think we were all surprised with the lack of scoring. The offensive line had a very off year and I still haven't figured out why. That caused a lot of problems.
I agree. Could be why we have a new OL coach? we have all figured out the trenches are where the real difference is in FBS. Should have seen progress last year. Instead we saw regression. Being year 5 we should see some of the guys brought in 1 and 2 years ago bulked up and starting to show progress.

PreecherJenkins
Junior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Tue May 03, 2016 11:58 am

^ another telling sign of the lack of bulk built up by these players was the removal of the strength and conditioning coach