BUFFALO GAME TIME

Get ready for some MACtion
LS71
Hall of Fame

Re: BUFFALO GAME TIME

Post by LS71 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Do they have an Operations Manager....either for football alone or for the department in general?

If they don't they should. Most, if not, all of the items noted in the posts above would fall under someone in an operations management capacity.

In many ways this function is as important as putting a competitive product on the field.

If fans aren't treated right, especially casual fans, they'll stop coming.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

rayers
Senior

Post by rayers » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:33 pm

I urge you folks to express your concerns and relate your experiences to the AD and to Kummy. They care very much about the product and the experience. They will respond personally to your concerns. email them at [email protected] and [email protected]

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:48 pm

A quick count found 23 assistant or associate athletic directors, each of whom has a job description that includes the line.....And other duties as assigned. Give them each a shovel and problem solved!!

CapeCodBruiser
Senior

Post by CapeCodBruiser » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Friday was the only football game I made it to this year. Positives were the band, cheerleaders and players marching past the tailgate area to the stadium. I went to UMass from 1980-84 and we didnt have that. Great tradition that should continue as it got us fired up. Tailgating area was well set up with cans for used coals, trash cans, recycle bins and Canadian Space Shuttles (port o johns). We had a group of about 15 people and we all went to Rafters afterwards and pumped a lot of moolah into the local economy. Only improvement I would echo is the footing around the outskirts of the stadium. Walking to the permanent mens room in the south end zone was a mud bath. I had a fantastic time at the game and in Amherst. I think there were more walk ups than anticipated so the snow clearing projections were off. Maybe they could get a prison detail like in Shawshank to clear the snow next year.

@umassjsp