future scheduling talk

Get ready for some MACtion
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: future scheduling talk

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 pm

^

Wasn't last year $125 per ticket with the Gillette game included?
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:07 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 pm ^

Wasn't last year $125 per ticket with the Gillette game included?
Gillette game was $25 dollars for regular seats and an up charge if you wanted Putnam club was applied after. SO, if a Gillette game is happening $20 per seat for regular seats?

rsox1221
Senior

Post by rsox1221 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:24 pm

$20/game for all six games ($120/ticket) actually means that it's very likely all the games are in Amherst.

There was no section to select a bump to the Putnam Club, which there would have to be if there was a game in Foxborough.

It is not confirmed via an official release from the school, but I've heard rumblings for a while that they would be hosting everything in Amherst this year. BYU obviously was announced after the 2018 game in their daily beat coverage paper, and both that and UConn are technically listed as TBA on the UMass athletics site.

I believe there is probably some revising of contracts to work out because the initial documents for both those series had the UMass "home" games in Foxborough, and new contracts would likely have to be drawn up with the home venue moving. There also could be other considerations for UConn and BYU in agreeing to move the games to Amherst as well.

Having UConn as an on-campus game, as a potential Homecoming date in fact, that's a good thing for UMass and for the fostering of a renewed rivalry. It's a good situation for UMass to have all their home games at their home stadium; there are no opponents on this schedule that would warrant using Gillette.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:51 pm

rsox1221 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:24 pm there are no opponents on this schedule that would warrant using Gillette.
Key here is this year and yet......

jjmc85
Senior

Post by jjmc85 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:33 am

Interesting. I assumed it would be more of a discount than $5/ticket for the season tickets. If you need to miss one game, it doesn’t make as sense to get season tickets now. Unless maybe it’s to get the parking pass?
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:16 am

^ Can't forget about the fees. I'm not sure, but I think if you buy a season ticket you're only charged fees once. If you buy six single-game tickets I think you'll be charged six times.
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:47 am

^

For reference purposes: $10 fee for season tickets regardless of how many season tickets you get.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Looking deeper into the season ticket info, there are five games scheduled for McGuirk, based on the luxury suite costing 12, 500 or 2, 500 per game. So, it looks like UConn will be at Gillette. My guess is a second pay date or mailer will allow Putnam club tickets. Maybe commonwealth club members get into Putnam club?

rsox1221
Senior

Post by rsox1221 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:57 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:13 pm Looking deeper into the season ticket info, there are five games scheduled for McGuirk, based on the luxury suite costing 12, 500 or 2, 500 per game. So, it looks like UConn will be at Gillette. My guess is a second pay date or mailer will allow Putnam club tickets. Maybe commonwealth club members get into Putnam club?
UConn's website lists the game in Foxborough. However, the last thing I heard from a well-placed source regarding the 2019 home venues was "don't believe anything until we (UMass) officially release it."

Last year there was one game at Gillette [BYU] and the Putnam upgrade and Foxborough parking was included in the initial renewal request.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:46 am

rsox1221 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:57 pm
minutefanjsf wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:13 pm Looking deeper into the season ticket info, there are five games scheduled for McGuirk, based on the luxury suite costing 12, 500 or 2, 500 per game. So, it looks like UConn will be at Gillette. My guess is a second pay date or mailer will allow Putnam club tickets. Maybe commonwealth club members get into Putnam club?
UConn's website lists the game in Foxborough. However, the last thing I heard from a well-placed source regarding the 2019 home venues was "don't believe anything until we (UMass) officially release it."

Last year there was one game at Gillette [BYU] and the Putnam upgrade and Foxborough parking was included in the initial renewal request.
I understand that. My point is that the info from UMass indicates only five home games at McGuirk with the language for the price of the luxury suite. Can’t imagine they could change that price after publishing it. They might just allow anyone who buys it to attend the sixth game, for sure, it is a mistake if they do have six home games and will lose out on revenue.

jjmc85
Senior

Post by jjmc85 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:24 am

^Or maybe they're just giving a "break" for those that buy the whole season? Quotations used cause that's a lot of money for 6 games. It's a lot of money for 25 games.
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

rsox1221
Senior

Post by rsox1221 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 am

minutefanjsf wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:46 am

I understand that. My point is that the info from UMass indicates only five home games at McGuirk with the language for the price of the luxury suite. Can’t imagine they could change that price after publishing it. They might just allow anyone who buys it to attend the sixth game, for sure, it is a mistake if they do have six home games and will lose out on revenue.
The info from UMass does not indicate only five games at McGuirk, it indicates six home games. Also, the school does have a suite in the Jacobson Skybox to offer this year, perhaps you are confusing that with the Putnam Club.

Maybe I'm not being clear enough.....I have it on good authority that all six games are in Amherst this year. No Gillette.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:37 pm

rsox1221 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 am Maybe I'm not being clear enough.....I have it on good authority that all six games are in Amherst this year. No Gillette.
That's too bad, IMHO we should be playing one Gillette or Fenway game per season.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 pm

rsox1221 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 am
minutefanjsf wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:46 am

The info from UMass does not indicate only five games at McGuirk, it indicates six home games. Also, the school does have a suite in the Jacobson Skybox to offer this year, perhaps you are confusing that with the Putnam Club.

Maybe I'm not being clear enough.....I have it on good authority that all six games are in Amherst this year. No Gillette.
The price for the suite in the Jacobson suite is 2500 a game for a total of 12500 for the season. That’s where the confusion is. I trust you. It’s just weird they would price out only five games for the suite. I like games in Amherst.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:43 am

If Uconn is in fact going to be played at Gillette - they lose money just turning the lights on.

That game may not get 2500 people if these two team suck as badly as they did last year. On the plus side - parking should be no problem at all 8)