James Ihedigbo post-UMass

Get ready for some MACtion
Jeff93
Junior

Post by Jeff93 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Old Cage wrote: I heard UMass mentioned twice.
Not being argumentative, but I believe the announcer actually said "Massachusetts" both times, maybe a subliminal nod to Jack Leahman... lol :wink:

Chris20
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris20 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:38 pm

He definitely said UMass at least once.

No "-Amherst" for those of you who get fired up about that.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:52 am

Some great post game emotion from James Ihedigbo in this article. As a UMass alum and longtime Jets fan I Love all the Umass connections on the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... t-the-jets

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:20 am

James was a game captain and carried the #90 jersey of paralyzed former Jet Dennis Byrd to the coin toss.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:34 am

It was great to see him walk onto the field as a captain.... now if he only played for a different team....
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

m626t
Hall of Fame

Post by m626t » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:01 am

^

Indeed, the New York Football Giants!
All due respect, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna pass.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:08 am

Jack wrote:Some great post game emotion from James Ihedigbo in this article. As a UMass alum and longtime Jets fan I Love all the Umass connections on the Jets.

You're a Jets fan too? Now there's officially nothing to like about you. I hope the Steelers win 52-3 next week.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:10 am

I'd say James is VERY HAPPY playing for the New York Jets !!! Much happier that playing for tom coughlin's giants for pete's sake.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:11 am

Quann wrote:
Jack wrote:Some great post game emotion from James Ihedigbo in this article. As a UMass alum and longtime Jets fan I Love all the Umass connections on the Jets.

You're a Jets fan too? Now there's officially nothing to like about you. I hope the Steelers win 52-3 next week.

Way to stay classy quann - There is alot to love about me. But you want to make a bet on that prediction? Feel free to put your money where your mouth is. :D

The photos of UMass Alum Ihedigbo walking onto the field as special teams captain for the Jets holding Dennis Byrd's jersey are great BTW !!

Sad/Hilarious to see some rooting against Ihedigbo. Everybody should be rooting for James to win the AFC Championship and move to the SB. I need to go get my photo taken in front of his signed jets jersey at the Hangar.

gosox22
Junior

Post by gosox22 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Jack wrote:
Sad/Hilarious to see some rooting against Ihedigbo. Everybody should be rooting for James to win the AFC Championship and move to the SB. I need to go get my photo taken in front of his signed jets jersey at the Hangar.
That's a ridiculous comment. No amount of UMass players on the Jets would make me root for them EVER. The way I look at it, the ONLY positive is that Ihedibo gets to move on, but in no way will I be rooting for the Jets on Sunday.

sleepy sheep
Junior

Post by sleepy sheep » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:49 pm

F that. I hope Ihedigbo plays well in a thorough drubbing. Why would any NE fan wants the Jets to win after yesterday? That is just stupid.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Its a question of where your priorities are. If you are a real UMass fan you would support the Jets seeing as they have 3/4 UMass Alums in the organization. If you are an original AFL fan you would support the Jets because they are the only remaining original AFL franchise in the tournament. If you are just a bitter old pats fan, than you can be a hater.

Frankly I could care less if you want to root against JI & the other UMass Jets - thats up to you and your karma. But I was glad to See James selected as Special Teams captain carrying Dennis Byrd's jersey out for the coin toss. Hopefully the Jets crush the steelers and keep on rolling ! :D :wink:

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:18 pm

I don't like the Jets, but it is always good when a team can take the King of arrogance, Mr. Belichick, down a notch or two. Great coach, but almost always presents himself as a complete ass.
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

gosox22
Junior

Post by gosox22 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Jack wrote:Its a question of where your priorities are. If you are a real UMass fan you would support the Jets seeing as they have 3/4 UMass Alums in the organization.
False. It's nice to see UMass Alumns have success, but no Patriots fan supports the Jets. Seriously, that's just stupid.
Jack wrote:If you are an original AFL fan you would support the Jets because they are the only remaining original AFL franchise in the tournament. If you are just a bitter old pats fan, than you can be a hater.
Even more false. Who the hell cares. The Patriots and Jets are bitter rivals, you just don't root for your rivals under any circumstance. You think any Red Sox fan was rooting for the Yankees when Ron Villone was in NY? Please.

alan
Freshman

Post by alan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:15 pm

I own a #14 Greg Mauldin UMass jersey. If he played for the Canadiens, and the B's were playing them in a playoff series, I'd root for him to score 10 goals in the series and for the B's to sweep.
Sieve Detector