Lappas buyout #2

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
GOODY
Sophomore

Lappas buyout #2

Post by GOODY » Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:30 am

Sorry about another topic regarding the Lappas deal but I cannot seem to reply to other people's posts. Anyhow! The Providence Journal is reporting that UMass is close to buying out Lappas and hiring the coach from Northeastern! I don't want the guy! Sorry Mike! Wanted to add this info!

CapeCodBruiser
Senior

Post by CapeCodBruiser » Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:53 pm

Lappas was brought in by a different "regime" at Umass. Maybe new regime wants to bring in their own man like we are doing in Iraq now. Lappas will be a victim of "the bottom line" more than anything else. The fee the University pays to have the Mullins Center managed must be piling up red ink in the ledgers based on the attendance and lack of concession sales.

UMassHoops
Senior

Lousy

Post by UMassHoops » Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:54 pm

reading up on the Northeastern guys record this doesn't exactly get me excited about our prospects the next several years. The other bad part is that this coach is not likely to have been recruiting the same caliber players that Lappas was, so I doubt he'll have much of a pipeline of players to ink.

It just seems to get worse and worse.

whiterhino42
Junior

Ditto

Post by whiterhino42 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:02 pm

:x I vote no, I don't want a Northeastern no name coaching our team. Not now, at the very least Lap can recruit, that guy won't be able to. I am not happy about this rumor and I hope it's just that, a rumor!!!

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:45 pm

It is just that.

The whole buyout rumor is totally false. Signing day is coming up soon, don't scare kids away with rumors of a change. I'm gonna be a bitch here and lock this thread.