Looking for a UMass jersey

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
John Tate
Sophomore

Looking for a UMass jersey

Post by John Tate » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:53 pm

Help:

Happy New Year all. I am decorating my game room and I desperately want to add a framed UMass jersey. I wore 44 and that would be my preference but will take what I can get. If any of you have a jersey for sale or know anyone that does, please send me a PM. Thanks!

Go UMass!!!
"Is Wayne Brady gonna have to smack a bytch?"

umass1234
Senior

Post by umass1234 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:16 pm

Actually I was just browsing Ebay...and if you go there and type in umass and search all categories theres many jerseys including 21 (camby) and many Julius Erving jerseys. probably a few more.

Here you go:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... category0=

Quinn
Junior

Post by Quinn » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:55 pm

You can find them at some of the various online stores.

Celtics90
Sophomore

Post by Celtics90 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:39 pm

speaking of umass gear...where can i get a superfan cape???

umass1234
Senior

Post by umass1234 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:55 pm

Actually just blankets from the campus book store. I have one on my bed.

John Tate
Sophomore

Post by John Tate » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:44 pm

Not much on any of the on-line stores. I'll keep checking Ebay...Go UMass!!!

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:43 am

John, since you're supposedly a basketball alum why not just call the AD's office tell them you are a basketball alum and ask for a jersey with a 44 on it? I'm kind of surprised you didn't keep your jersey when you graduated.

John Tate
Sophomore

Post by John Tate » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:08 am

Jack wrote:John, since you're supposedly a basketball alum why not just call the AD's office tell them you are a basketball alum and ask for a jersey with a 44 on it? I'm kind of surprised you didn't keep your jersey when you graduated.
Obviously, you have no idea what you're talking about. I spoke w/ Thor right before the Sports yard sale and all the jerseys were gone. Secondly, my senior year wasn't the last year those uniforms were worn so I couldn't keep it. Next time, have some knowledge of what you're talking about before questioning me. Fools like you are the reason I'm not a frequent visitor here anymore...Go UMass!

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:47 am

Good luck John. I imagine that replica jerseys were sold while you played and hopefully someone who has one will be willing to part with it. By the way I enjoyed watching you play.

bdance
Junior

Post by bdance » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:54 am

John Tate wrote:
Jack wrote:John, since you're supposedly a basketball alum why not just call the AD's office tell them you are a basketball alum and ask for a jersey with a 44 on it? I'm kind of surprised you didn't keep your jersey when you graduated.
Obviously, you have no idea what you're talking about. I spoke w/ Thor right before the Sports yard sale and all the jerseys were gone. Secondly, my senior year wasn't the last year those uniforms were worn so I couldn't keep it. Next time, have some knowledge of what you're talking about before questioning me. Fools like you are the reason I'm not a frequent visitor here anymore...Go UMass!
That was a bit of an overreaction, Jack was just trying to help and you're responding like an ass.

Chris20
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris20 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:09 am

bdance wrote:
John Tate wrote: Fools like you are the reason I'm not a frequent visitor here anymore...Go UMass!
That was a bit of an overreaction, Jack was just trying to help and you're responding like an ass.
Which is why many here don't give a shit that he is not a frequent poster anymore.....

shovelhd
Hall of Fame

Post by shovelhd » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:27 am

John Tate was not "supposedly" a basketball alum. I can understand why that might tick him off.

John Tate
Sophomore

Post by John Tate » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:29 am

Chris20 wrote:
bdance wrote:
John Tate wrote: Fools like you are the reason I'm not a frequent visitor here anymore...Go UMass!
Which is why many here don't give a shit that he is not a frequent poster anymore.....
Thanks, Berkman!

Bdance: maybe an overreaction on my part but after 6-7 years of "supposedly", "if you really are...", etc. It's gotten pretty old!

Jack - Touche', my friend, you're definitely entitled to your opinion!

Go UMass!

bdance
Junior

Post by bdance » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:31 am

Well, it is easy to fire off something quickly and want to later take it back, or at least tone it down. Still thought that was way over the top. I guess I missed the past history.

Getting back to the Uniforms though, it's pretty amazing - sad actually - that they don't let the Players keep their Jerseys at the end of their careers. I imagine that they're more expensive than most clothes, rugged, and these are big guys who need more material, but still, is the University that hard up for cash?

shovelhd
Hall of Fame

Post by shovelhd » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:32 am

At least allow them to purchase one or a few.