Jameer Nelson

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Kosty
Hall of Fame

Jameer Nelson

Post by Kosty » Fri May 28, 2004 9:41 am

Apparently some guys over on the A-10 are up in arms. Jim O'Brien was asked about Jameer and O'Brien said he would not take Nelson with the #9 pick. This is unbelievable to the St. Joke's faithful, one of whom is calling this a public relations diaster. Jesus, talking about thinking a little too highly of themselves!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri May 28, 2004 6:00 pm

yeah, philly needs another scoring point guard.... what are these st joes people thinking?
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

philosopher
Hall of Fame

Post by philosopher » Mon May 31, 2004 1:55 am

The NBA has enough 5'10" point guards. They generally so not hold up so very well. (see: TJ Ford) They gotta see over the shorts of the big men who want to stope
the play and turn it their way. I wish Jameer well. I just don't know how well is realistic.

Wheeler
Sophomore

Post by Wheeler » Mon May 31, 2004 3:25 pm

I could understand why Philly doesn't need another pg unless you were going to use Jameer as a backup and bring him along slowly. Somehow I don't think teams use there number one picks for that purpose anymore. Having watched Jameer for the last four years and how he performed in the A10 tournament and NCAAs I don't think there are too many big gaurds that will be able to gaurd Jameer especially if he is hitting his 3s. I'm sure there are a few teams that could use Jameer at the point. Maybe even the Celts.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon May 31, 2004 8:22 pm

the celts would be much better off with nelson then banks... its too bad though, we would never get a pick close enough to get him, never mind would we be able to trade banks at this point
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

kdogg8173
Senior

Post by kdogg8173 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:35 pm

Just what the celtics need. Another small point guard who isnt a great assist man and has a lot of turnovers. Banks is by far the better player. He is already a great defender.

FRDreams
Sophomore

Post by FRDreams » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:20 am

Marcus banks will be average at best. I don't like him or Danny "Bug". I will start watching them again when they are gone. Go Umass!