Tyler Relph

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
FRDreams
Sophomore

Post by FRDreams » Thu May 13, 2004 8:12 am

Everyone has to accept the fact that the program is in trouble. Our coach weasled his way to another year and any decent player is not going to sign on for four years of hell at this point. I will be happy if we do not lose any players we have.

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Thu May 13, 2004 8:51 am

FRDreams wrote:I will be happy if we do not lose any players we have.
You mean other than Gabe Lee?
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.

Kosty
Hall of Fame

Post by Kosty » Thu May 13, 2004 9:20 am

I think he meant losing players because of the coach.....not losing players because of personal issues that have nothing to do with the coach or the program.

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Thu May 13, 2004 11:13 am

Oh, I thought he meant losing players that would have contributed next year regardless of whichever circumstances could be assigned blame. Under your guidelines, I guess losing Gabe Lee doesn't rate as a unpleasant development then. He'll be so relieved.
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.

FRDreams
Sophomore

Post by FRDreams » Thu May 13, 2004 11:17 am

Losing players for any reason whether they are due to injury or personal reasons. Programs will always lose players but we have a revolving door right now. It is unacceptable and looks terrible for prospective players. I would be very surprised if we sign anyone next year who is a legit A10 player. We are in such turmoil it is ridiculous. This is not a program it is a joke. Baylor, the Bonnies and Mizzou are the only programs who are less stable than ours. I am looking forward to next year because we have some good talent but a coach that is clueless and on the shortest of leashes. If we do not win for what seems like the umpteenth year in a row things are going to get interesting.

krkess
Senior

Post by krkess » Thu May 13, 2004 12:11 pm

A more accurate description would be things are going to get ugly.

Feato
Senior

Post by Feato » Thu May 13, 2004 2:09 pm

nahh the $hit will hit the fan...
MF

I'm a professional smartass.

FRDreams
Sophomore

Post by FRDreams » Thu May 13, 2004 3:20 pm

Coach Steve looked like he was going to lose it at a few of the games I had seen in person. He has been known to be semi-crazy on the bench but I have a feeling this upcoming year is going to be a treat for us to watch. I predict he gets tossed from 3 or 4 games this year for blaming officials for his lack of success. I am pumped for next year regardless of how we do because I think it will be an entertaining season at the very least. Go Zoomass!

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Thu May 13, 2004 5:14 pm

FRDreams wrote:I am pumped for next year regardless of how we do because I think it will be an entertaining season at the very least. Go Zoomass!
Absolutely. Horror movies sell tickets too.

VoxPop
Senior

Post by VoxPop » Thu May 13, 2004 7:45 pm

UMass will be improved next season. We have a nice group of returning veterans and some exciting recruits coming in. UMass will kick some ass in the A10 next season. :D
Insert cornball rah rah slogan rhyming w/"Ford" here.

FRDreams
Sophomore

Post by FRDreams » Fri May 14, 2004 8:05 am

Voxpop. You are like a tape recorder. I applaud your enthusiasm and hope for next season. I agree we have talent and SHOULD better. However, I KNOW we have an incapable coach to do the job. Go Umass!![/i][/b]

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Sun May 16, 2004 11:07 pm

VoxPop wrote:UMass will be improved next season. We have a nice group of returning veterans and some exciting recruits coming in. UMass will kick some ass in the A10 next season. :D
VoxPop. the front court will once again lack depth due to the departure of Gabe Lee. As for exciting recruits coming in, I guess to each his own.
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon May 17, 2004 7:33 am

Ray, Lasme, Deli, the Canadian Kid (i can't spell it, sue me) with both Viggs and Carrier having the ability to play the 4. Even if both Deli and the Canadian Kid are projects, it still provides us depth on the bench for our inside game

That's all.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

krkess
Senior

Post by krkess » Mon May 17, 2004 8:04 am

FRDreams wrote:Voxpop. You are like a tape recorder.
He is but one of many "tape recorders" who post here often.

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Mon May 17, 2004 1:20 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:Ray, Lasme, Deli, the Canadian Kid (i can't spell it, sue me) with both Viggs and Carrier having the ability to play the 4. Even if both Deli and the Canadian Kid are projects, it still provides us depth on the bench for our inside game

That's all.
If Deli and Lamoreaux are projects, which is highly likely, that leaves coach Excuse with four frontcourt players. Not a lot of depth there, if you ask me. Kouyate could be a key if he comes back from his injury and if he proves he can compete at this level.
Bamford has erased McCutcheon