Tyler Relph

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Bub89
Junior

Tyler Relph

Post by Bub89 » Tue May 11, 2004 10:01 pm

According to a post on the A-10 board Relph will transfer to St. Bonaventure. Any news on UMass recruiting?

Feato
Senior

Post by Feato » Wed May 12, 2004 1:02 am

I think I'm going to go buy stock again...
MF

I'm a professional smartass.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed May 12, 2004 8:04 am

there was a recruit here last weekend, a guard, but that is all i was told... he couldn't remember his name, so i asked him if it was Relph, and he said no, and that we weren't even bothering to look at Relph... I haven't heard any other news regarding recruiting though
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Scott O
Senior

Post by Scott O » Wed May 12, 2004 9:15 am

the recruit couldn't remember his own name? I hope he can shoot.
Retarded artistically. Idiotic in other respects.

Chapel Hill Minuteman
Sophomore

Post by Chapel Hill Minuteman » Wed May 12, 2004 10:58 am

Bub89
Junior

Kelvin Davis

Post by Bub89 » Wed May 12, 2004 1:01 pm

Has anyone heard if we are recruiting Kelvin Davis out of St. Thomas More? Rivals has us listed first on Kelvin's page, but it could be dated. Davis is an ultra athletic 6-3 guard who is rated in the top 150. Prepstars sounds high on this kid.

Orange Julius
Senior

Post by Orange Julius » Wed May 12, 2004 1:20 pm

I would not go too crazy about him - the other schools pursuing him are Hofstra, James Madison, Richmond, URI, & West Virginia.

R&G
Junior

Post by R&G » Wed May 12, 2004 1:48 pm

Four of the teams you mentioned finished with a higher RPI than UMass and three played in the post season. I think those are exactly the type of teams we are competing with for recruits.

Orange Julius
Senior

Post by Orange Julius » Wed May 12, 2004 2:16 pm

R&G wrote:Four of the teams you mentioned finished with a higher RPI than UMass and three played in the post season. I think those are exactly the type of teams we are competing with for recruits.
The fact that they finished with higher RPI's speaks more to how bad we are than how "good" the other teams are. Admit it - the other teams recruiting him are not exactly a who's who of college basketball. I guess I'm still used to us trying to recruit against bigger names, silly me.

R&G
Junior

Post by R&G » Wed May 12, 2004 3:03 pm

OJ -
I agree and am not thrilled about UMass recruiting against schools like these (in fact at this point it would probably be a steal if Lappas out-recruited WV). My point is that one probably shouldn't hold one's breath waiting for UMass to steal a recruit away from an ACC, Big Ten or SEC team. Let's face it, it would take a miracle for a great recruit to pick UMass over any top 25 caliber team.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed May 12, 2004 4:07 pm

Scott O wrote:the recruit couldn't remember his own name? I hope he can shoot.

lol

no no no... the VC of student affairs couldn't remember the recruits name :P
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf
Sophomore
Location: I am at the side of almighty leader Steve Lappas. Where else would I be?

Post by Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf » Wed May 12, 2004 4:13 pm

Orange Julius wrote:I would not go too crazy about him - the other schools pursuing him are Hofstra, James Madison, Richmond, URI, & West Virginia.
In other words, schools which didn't even want to recruit Large Sandwich Guy and Canadian boy.

It's all about spin, is it not?
Steve Lappas is the mightiest coach of all time!!! Death to all Anti-Lappas Spin Merchants who cannot see his greatness!!!!!!

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Wed May 12, 2004 9:29 pm

Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf wrote:
Orange Julius wrote:I would not go too crazy about him - the other schools pursuing him are Hofstra, James Madison, Richmond, URI, & West Virginia.
In other words, schools which didn't even want to recruit Large Sandwich Guy and Canadian boy.

It's all about spin, is it not?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think you've come up with a new nickname for Deli, good one!

VoxPop
Senior

Post by VoxPop » Wed May 12, 2004 10:30 pm

always nice to see the umass fans trashing their own recruits - way to go hay saeed.
Insert cornball rah rah slogan rhyming w/"Ford" here.

Scott O
Senior

Post by Scott O » Wed May 12, 2004 11:25 pm

I think URI has a great bunch of recruits coming in. I wish were able to compete with them. At this point, I have no idea how UMass can convince anyone to come to the program in its current state.
Retarded artistically. Idiotic in other respects.