In praise of UConn

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
rayers
Senior

In praise of UConn

Post by rayers » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:24 pm

It has now passed the points of both hate and envy for me. You have to give UConn credit for putting together great programs over the last 15 years. How can we compare at this point-we don't. But let's remember that they did this in 15 years. How about we start on our 30 year rebuilding program right now? Why not a 50 year program? With interest rates so low, we could borrow some cash from the UConn endowment and finance our eventual rise to prominence. Better yet, maybe our short sighted legislators can begin to see the payoff potential of investing in OUR state university. Yes sirree-I'm reserving my tickets for the Final Four in 2054 today. THANK god though we have our degrees from UMass because who wants to graduate from a basketball mill anyway?

Scott O
Senior

Re: In praise of UConn

Post by Scott O » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:48 pm

rayers wrote: who wants to graduate from a basketball mill anyway?
I wish I graduated from a basketball mill. The degree would look nice on my wall next to my University of Baltimore Orioles diploma.

I'll admit that uconn won the championship, though I certainly will not praise them. I hope you're joking when you say that.
Retarded artistically. Idiotic in other respects.

chuff
Senior

Post by chuff » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:29 pm

I'm still working on limmericks that involve female sled dogs, ditches and switches, and will continue my efforts as long as the muse inspires me.

But the point rayers makes about how the success of the UConn program makes him feel, and the way it can help endowments and by the way, state budgets for universities, should not be missed. What I'd like to know is who was the President or Chancellor who hired Calhoun and Auriema all those years back, and then supported them while they built the programs?

Vuceman

Post by Vuceman » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:31 pm

chuff wrote:
What I'd like to know is who was the President or Chancellor who hired Calhoun and Auriema all those years back, and then supported them while they built the programs?
John Toner was the AD at Uconn then and is the one who is credited with hiring both soon to be Hall of Fame coaches. There have been a number of presidents that have been there throughout the tenures of both coaches.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:29 am

rayers wrote:..... You have to give UConn credit for putting together great programs over the last 15 years........
ESAD

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:30 am

eldonabe wrote: ESAD
FOAD's more tepid cousin.
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.