Game 29, 2023-24: at Davidson (3/2)

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Plano Minuteman
Junior

Re: Game 29, 2023-24: at Davidson (3/2)

Post by Plano Minuteman » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:59 pm

I found this to be an extremely entertaining game, actually. UMass basically beating them senseless on the boards and DHS and Cross going crazy. Jayden with some tremendous plays, yet them staying in it with some beautifully designed offense. What a great contrast in styles. And then coming through in the clutch to win it.

Very satisfying watch. I recommend to anyone to go get the replay of this one.

TheOFFSeason
Senior

Post by TheOFFSeason » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:08 pm

Berkman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:43 pm At the game yesterday, first live one for me, I noticed that after a timeout with the coach giving instructions he would leave the huddle before the time was up and one of the assistants would continue giving instructions. Anyone know why?
The assistant that had the scout for that game goes some reminders before they go back out

MakeMullinsGreatAgain
Junior

Post by MakeMullinsGreatAgain » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:18 pm

TheOFFSeason wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:08 pm
Berkman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:43 pm At the game yesterday, first live one for me, I noticed that after a timeout with the coach giving instructions he would leave the huddle before the time was up and one of the assistants would continue giving instructions. Anyone know why?
The assistant that had the scout for that game goes some reminders before they go back out
speaking of the "scout" not that we blew them out Saturday but it was a road win, but I seem to recall hearing Frank mention Edwards a few times on the podcast/post game presser as being the scout in a lot of these wins, especially the blow out/comfortable wins - I can see in the non conference you use whoever might have coached against a team recently and make him the scout but if it is true that Edwards has been the scout in a lot of these wins lately, is it fair to say he should be the scout for the rest of the way? Or is that too much responsibility for one guy? Can't worry about hurt feelings at this point if a guy is say 6-0 as scout vs others that are 3-3 or 1-4 etc...