NEXT 8 GAMES

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Kosty
Hall of Fame

Post by Kosty » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:13 am

Oh, so because I haven't gone to a game in a while, I can't voice my opinion??? That makes a ton of sense. I'm sorry I'm not more of a super fan like you. And you don't know what my circumstances are as to why I haven't made a game in a while so it's basically none of your goddamn business criticizing me about it.

I say that we know where you side on the debate because you have posted it over and over and over again here. I was just pointing out that nowhere in this thread was there any mention of the prior coach.....it was just talking about this team, the next 8 games, this coach, and yet you felt the need to post something about the prior coach. What sense does that make??? Nobody was bashing him in this thread, they were talking about this team and this coach. What sense does it make to come here and bring up the former coach?

And I'm not saying that the current coach is doing a good job. I gave up on that a long time ago.

To tell you the truth, I don't give a rat's ass what you think about my fandom or my opinion.

UMass87
Hall of Fame

Post by UMass87 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:19 am

Happy thoughts. I'm ver ecited about the next 5 games. I think the team will go 5-0 and give us that oh so super 14-14 record and an outstanding 8-8 A10 record. The 'rebuilding' is going smashingly. The coach is swell.

vanmeter
Senior

Post by vanmeter » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:27 am

Vox, it is absolutely totally absurb to say that Bruiser had a choice in staying or leaving. For you to say he was not pushed out but only left because he wanted his 1 year contract owed is stupid period!

Swampy
Hall of Fame

Post by Swampy » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:33 am

Kosty wrote:Oh, so because I haven't gone to a game in a while, I can't voice my opinion??? That makes a ton of sense. I'm sorry I'm not more of a super fan like you. And you don't know what my circumstances are as to why I haven't made a game in a while so it's basically none of your goddamn business criticizing me about it.
In a while? You mean like three or four YEARS?! I know EXACTLY what your 'circumstances' are. They're the same as about 2500 other fans who have stopped attending games during the last three years. UMass has been a big loser during that time so you no longer come to the games. Quite simple really. Why try to talk around it? I understand it perfectly! I just wish that you would be honest about why you're an absentee fan! And, I refuse to believe it's anything other than the losing that has kept you away from the games. If UMass was winning games you would be in Amherst at LEAST three or four times/year just like everyone else that used to make the drive. You did it in the past and you would be doing it again. Just win baby!
I say that we know where you side on the debate because you have posted it over and over and over again here.
This is one of those "If I say it enough times maybe that'll make it true" statements that you like to throw back at others who post here. The actual TRUTH is that I have done very little of that this year. Or, last year for that matter.
I was just pointing out that nowhere in this thread was there any mention of the prior coach.....it was just talking about this team, the next 8 games, this coach, and yet you felt the need to post something about the prior coach.
Yep, because you and a BUNCH of other people who post here wanted his arse out ot Amherst. You got your wish, now live with it!
What sense does that make???
As much sense as reading anything posted here by the Lappas excuse makers during the last three years!
Nobody was bashing him [Flint] in this thread
What's to bash? His team won BIG again last night to remain in first place with three games left in the regular season. The Philly papers are filled with complimentary articles today about him, his coaching and his players. A team picked to finish fourth has a VERY good shot at winning the conference! Again, what's to bash?
What sense does it make to come here and bring up the former coach?
About as much sense as it made for others to do it CONSTANTLY for the three years prior to his leaving!
And I'm not saying that the current coach is doing a good job. I gave up on that a long time ago.
So, you're saying that he's not a very good coach and should be replaced at the end of the season? Hiring him was a mistake? Is that what you're saying? Or, are you simply saying that you don't particularly like whiny, no smilin', toast lovin' coaches that don't seem to be able win regardless of WHO'S players they have in uniform?!
To tell you the truth, I don't give a rat's ass what you think about my fandom or my opinion.
Right back attcha big boy! NO DOUBT!!

Wiggum
Junior

Post by Wiggum » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:37 am

"toast lovin'"

I don't even know how that's an insult, but it's killing me.

DTM80
Junior

Post by DTM80 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:24 am

Doesn't look to good for the boys. My prediction for the rest of the year is 2-3 in regular season with an opening round loss in the tourney. I wouldn't think that will buy Lappas another year. I wouldn't be surprised if they only win 1 more. They are too friggin inconsistent and they are not good!! Please no more sugar coating.... It's almost over...
Nice to Cal doing well in Memphis with his team number 1 in C-USA!

UMass87
Hall of Fame

Post by UMass87 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:37 am

Ken Pomeroy calculates RPI but he also has a predictive model/ranking. Since December his model has predicted that UMass will finish the regular season at 11-17 and 5-11 in conference. His model is a fairly good one at predicting game outcomes. He has UMass as one point favorites at Fordham and six point favorites at home against SBU. He has UMass losing the other three.

see Ken Pomeroy's site at:

www.kenpom.com

Swampy
Hall of Fame

Post by Swampy » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:51 am

Hey, enough of the doom & gloom around here. Why bring up losing records after another stellar performance against a powerhouse conference opponent? We were playing for third place ya know. A chance for a fifth conference victory! How sweet would THAT have been?

"We know where you side on this debate, give it a rest already" :roll: :P :shock: :lol:

FRDreams
Sophomore

Post by FRDreams » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:00 pm

This team has proven it can be nothing but inconsistent and cosistantly loses to inferior opponents. With that in mind my prediction is we lose all except the bonnies at home. Fordham hung in against SJoes and has played us well since lap took over. I hope this brings the end of the lap era at umass.

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:20 pm

If UMass wins more than one of its 5 remaining regular season games, I'll be surprised.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving