Bobby Powers

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
tom mclaughlin
Junior

Bobby Powers

Post by tom mclaughlin » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:13 pm

UMass Basketball is family and when one of us is having any health issues it’s always nice to have family to rely on. Bobby Powers was part of the very successful UMass teams back in the early 70’s. He worked extremely hard as the head manager and even at a time or two actually practiced with us. He is as loyal a UMass fan as any one and thru the years I have seen him with his UMass sweatshirt proudly displayed. He is in the hospital in Boston and is hoping to be released any day to rehab. If you know him give him a call and he was involved with some great teams. I think we were something like 27-3 and he got to watch Julius Erving emerge. He was also involved with UMass baseball and later in life he coached baseball at UMass Boston as well as Barnstable High School on the Cape. UMass is a great University with great people and Bobby is one of those guys that helped make it a fun place. Here’s hoping he gets well soon and we’re rooting for him. It’s important that as UMass fans we support one another.

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Re: Bobby Powers

Post by uz2b-len » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Tom, I appreciate how you build and supports the UMass community. Your contribution is something that can't be measured in dollars.
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

DrG
Senior

Post by DrG » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Bobby is a great guy who bleeds UMass maroon. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

tom mclaughlin
Junior

Post by tom mclaughlin » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:39 pm

Just want the UMass basketball family to know that Bobby Powers passed away this afternoon.
May Bobby RIP. He wore his UMass gear with pride.

baseline47
Senior

Post by baseline47 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:19 am

^ Very sorry to learn of Bobby's passing.
"Drive the line!", "Baseline" Givens, Spfld. Tech. High.

DrG
Senior

Post by DrG » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:28 am

Very sad news. Bobby was a great and loyal member of the UMass family, not only for basketball but for all sports and for all aspects of the University. Thank you for sharing this, Tom.