KAEO: Sean East

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Mfarmer72

Re: Sean East

Post by Mfarmer72 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:27 pm

jrdupe wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:54 pm
Mfarmer72 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:25 pm Ok I’m the guy from Sean East’s home town that told you guys that you will love him. I’ve kind of been out of the loop the last 3 weeks. How is he doing? And is he living up to what I thought he would? In high school he would hit some shots and passes and you are like what did I just see.
so I can't figure out if you're serious or if you're trolling. It's 2020 so it's not too hard to see how anyone is doing...seems strange you picked now to come on here and ask how he's doing? He's been very good...but where were you when he had back to back 2 point games vs Virginia and St. Johns? I think we all are pleasantly surprised at how well he is playing and we look forward to the next 3+ years.
Yes I was serious I can see the box scores and everything I’ve seen highlights. And I was able to watch a couple of early games . Since you guys get watch him on a regular basis I wanted the umass fan base on how he has progressed as we get deeper. I’m a IU fan. But also a East fan since he played for my High School and helped win a state Championship. (Should have been two).

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:25 pm

I've seen pretty much every game that was available to be seen where I live. Been to all home games except the obvious blowout (Maine). I think he's great and is also playing like a freshman. Particularly hero ball in crunch time, which I wish he wouldn't do. Meanwhile missing shots that could seal the victory. So there's some growing up to do, naturally. If he develops and matures I think he will lead us to great things!
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

jrdupe
Junior

Post by jrdupe » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Mfarmer72 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:27 pm
jrdupe wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:54 pm
Mfarmer72 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:25 pm Ok I’m the guy from Sean East’s home town that told you guys that you will love him. I’ve kind of been out of the loop the last 3 weeks. How is he doing? And is he living up to what I thought he would? In high school he would hit some shots and passes and you are like what did I just see.
so I can't figure out if you're serious or if you're trolling. It's 2020 so it's not too hard to see how anyone is doing...seems strange you picked now to come on here and ask how he's doing? He's been very good...but where were you when he had back to back 2 point games vs Virginia and St. Johns? I think we all are pleasantly surprised at how well he is playing and we look forward to the next 3+ years.
Yes I was serious I can see the box scores and everything I’ve seen highlights. And I was able to watch a couple of early games . Since you guys get watch him on a regular basis I wanted the umass fan base on how he has progressed as we get deeper. I’m a IU fan. But also a East fan since he played for my High School and helped win a state Championship. (Should have been two).
ok that's cool! the timing was just strange...like I said he had been struggling a bit and then all of a sudden you came on bragging about him right after he scored 26 points. As Len just said...he's been really good for us but is a little bit out of control at times...but from what you said, it sounds like that might be the beauty of his game...a little out control one play, and then hit a shot that amazes you the next time down the court. I know I don't speak for all of us, but I'm sure looking forward to watching him the next 3-1/2 years.

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:11 am

jrdupe wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:45 pm I know I don't speak for all of us, but I'm sure looking forward to watching him the next 3-1/2 years.
Anyone that this doesn't speak for can git out

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO: Sean East

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:30 am

Did Sean East get screwed out of the All-Rookie Team? Discuss!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:48 am

^ No

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:53 am

No.. he had a really nice finish to the season but Collins started for the #4 team and Sean had a tough first half and only started 7 league games. I get why they went with Collins but I dont like East and I look forward to him getting better

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:57 am

TheInsider wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:53 am No.. he had a really nice finish to the season but Collins started for the #4 team and Sean had a tough first half and only started 7 league games. I get why they went with Collins but I dont like East and I look forward to him getting better

I assume that's a typo...
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:46 am

It's been said in other threads. Sean has skills and I think he would be better off the ball if Garcia (or Femi) proves to be a great option at PG. This would also give us a better than average secondary ball handler on the court.

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:06 pm

lol opps.. it was. I DO like East and think he will do some really good things over the years

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:09 pm

I'm not sure I'd prefer him off the ball as much as some. I think Sean sees the floor pretty well and is what I'd call crafty moreso than explosive. He makes some good passes, has shown he can shoot, and can get to the rim in the open floor. Maybe he just needs to be a bit more selective with his passes and understand at this level defenders will pick off anything not with some zip on it. I think for a freshman season he was pretty solid, and I expect him to keep improving and he will get stronger. I like the kid and just hope he sticks around, as I believe he can be a valuable piece to this team
Time to Win

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:18 pm

NilesGold wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:48 am^ No
Well we all knew you would have said no, can you put at least a little reasoning behind it?

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:03 pm

inthescoop wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:18 pm
Well we all knew you would have said no, can you put at least a little reasoning behind it?
The 5 who made the All-Rookie team are better.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:05 pm

I was waiting for you to say "No" 8)
Time to Win

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:43 pm

NilesGold wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:03 pm
inthescoop wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:18 pm
The 5 who made the All-Rookie team are better.
Thank you for your response you recruiting genius know it all. What would UMass Basketball do without Niles guys?