KAEO Kolton Mitchell

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Acer71
Sophomore

Re: KAEO Kolton Mitchell

Post by Acer71 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Glad Kolton is back. Expect some time before the rust comes off and he trusts his wrist is ok for game contact.

UMassfan_19
Senior

Post by UMassfan_19 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:42 pm

Kolton is uploading a series documenting life as a d1 athlete nice little behind the scenes content for all y’all. Subscribe and show him love https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PAXDXnIt-qo&t=628s

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:44 am

Did anybody get a clear look at Kolton yesterday? I thought he was dressed in the uniform, but in the warmup shirt I couldn't tell for certain.

With the walk-ons getting minutes over him, I wonder if wasn't going to play regardless. Then that begs the questions of why / what's up?

Kolton wasn't cleared to play versus Mason on 12/30, as he was in the COVID protocol (not positive, just in the caution) coming out of Christmas break when he flew home to Florida and back.

Even before then, look at his stats
12/11 Northeastern: Started, 15 MP, 2 pts, 3 boards, 1 assist
12/13 at N'eastern: 9 MP, 0 pts, 1 board
12/16 at La Salle: 3 MP, 0 pts, 0 boards
12/21 Bryant: 2 MP, 0 pts, 1 board

Noah has earned the starting PG role. Garcia is a very capable backup. Kolton's minutes are getting squeezed, plain and simple. And it doesn't help that his offensive game is lacking behind those guys. His defense is his attribute.

I also wonder if not being a Woodstock guy plays into this at all. On a team where 7 (8 if you include Preston) of our scholarship guys, plus their coach, are from Woodstock, that's certainly noteworthy.

He's a good kid and his leadership in the social justice video has him close with the team. He has just fallen way down the depth chart.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:49 am

Mike - I didn't think that he was part of the active roster yesterday. He sat in a row further back than other guys, and then didn't get the call even when the walk-ons went in. I don't have an answer, but I can't imagine that Woodstock is a reason.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:23 pm

It may have been a conditioning thing. He couldn't practice while he was in quarantine and may not be in game shape yet. I don't think the Woodstock scenario means anything.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:39 pm

Kolton's playing time is not a surprise. There is a reason why everyone transfered over the offseason, the players knew that their playing time would diminish but Kolton has a great head on his shoulders, and he saw the potential of UMass outside of basketball; he seems to be a leader and is making an impact off the court as well. Respect to Kolton!

PreecherJenkins
Senior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:57 am

Any reason why he has not dressed in the last couple of games? My reason is not correct but maybe one of UMasshoops.com experts know!

Also funny reading people's post on this kid.
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

JUST SAY NO TO THE MAC