KAEO: Tre Mitchell

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO: Tre Mitchell

Post by eldonabe » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:10 am

Jesus Fucking Christ.... Just rename the kid "Doctor Larry Johnson O'Neal Malone" and get it over with.

Why the fuck do we have to keep coming up with all of these comparisons. This kid is his own person and if he resembled pretty much any of these HOF'ers he would be in Chapel Hill or Lexington right now prepping for this season. You know who he looks like - Tre Mitchell - you know, the recruit with the high motor, good stroke, high BBall IQ, volume shooter......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

God I hate college basketball in the summer.....

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:42 am

eldonabe wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:10 am Jesus Fucking Christ.... Just rename the kid "Doctor Larry Johnson O'Neal Malone" and get it over with.

Why the fuck do we have to keep coming up with all of these comparisons. This kid is his own person and if he resembled pretty much any of these HOF'ers he would be in Chapel Hill or Lexington right now prepping for this season. You know who he looks like - Tre Mitchell - you know, the recruit with the high motor, good stroke, high BBall IQ, volume shooter......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Did you forget to take your meds this morning?

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:53 am

capezona wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:42 am
eldonabe wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:10 am Jesus Fucking Christ.... Just rename the kid "Doctor Larry Johnson O'Neal Malone" and get it over with.

Quite the opposite - I think I may have doubled up !

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:05 pm

eldonabe wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:53 am
capezona wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:42 am

Quite the opposite - I think I may have doubled up !
:D :D

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm

You do realize that pretty much beginning with Jackson's post every comparison was made in jest, right? Cripes the off-season here is brutal sometimes. I'm not talking about the poster - I like that guy.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:05 pm

MJatUM wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm You do realize that pretty much beginning with Jackson's post every comparison was made in jest, right? Cripes the off-season here is brutal sometimes. I'm not talking about the poster - I like that guy.
I do realize that, but a lot of the other comps (including those in this thread) still drive me crazy. I mean I get it, we are all trying suppose what we are going to get out of these kids, but sheesh... they are 18 year olds who are still growing, still maturing, still changing in a lot of ways. We are dubbing them the next (fill in the blank) when all we have are fucking HS highlight reels (or maybe a few full game tapes) against kids who are almost always inferior competition.

It is mind numbing to read the expectations being thrown around here about these kids. I have not seen one freshman come in here in the last 12+ years who has remotely met the hype that preceded them in the front door (in their first year here). Yes we are all die-hard fans and we want to dream big and all of that shit; but good lord, take it down a notch.

I want Tre Mitchell to be the First Tre Mitchell, not the next coming of X.

These kids all have talent and potential and that is why MM brought them here, and hopefully he can extract it from them.

Tre I look forward to seeing what you can do here and bring here!

Minutemaniac74
Senior

Post by Minutemaniac74 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Doctor Tre does have a nice ring to it :lol:

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:16 pm

What makes you think my comparisons were in jest?

The fact that when combined they would make Tre the greatest, most handsome player of all time? Oh.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:53 pm

How about we let him be the 1st Tre Mitchell and let others be compared to him in the future. 8)
Last edited by LS71 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:02 pm

eldonabe wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:05 pm
I have not seen one freshman come in here in the last 12+ years who has remotely met the hype that preceded them in the front door (in their first year here).
Carl Pierre sends his love
Time to Win

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:36 pm

^ If I remover correctly there were no expectations for him coming in. He was an under the radar player who many thought should prep for a year.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:40 pm

I know LS, just pointing out a guy that exceeded expectations and also trying to help eldon bring his BP down.
Time to Win

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Chaz exceeded expectations. Yes he was a transfer, but he did more than people expected.

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Relax snowflake. I assume that most people on here haven't watched Tre play beyond at best a few minutes of highlights. As someone who's watched him play I was trying to provide people with another player they'd be familiar with that's somewhat similar to Tre... it's an easy way to convey what kind of player Tre might be.

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:06 pm

I would to propose a ban on the use of the term snowflake on this board unless of course you are talking about something weather-related.
"I wrote a column and it went national"