Videos of old games

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Re: Videos of old games

Post by minutefanjsf » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:21 pm

capezona wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:33 am
rayers wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:39 am Does anyone know if there is video of the game where UMass came from down 18 with a little over 4 minutes to go and beat West Virginia in Morgantown? I am guessing is was 96? I remember listening to it on the radio. I consider it to be the greatest comeback of all time but it never gets mentioned in national media.
I remember that game but I don't see it on the schedule in either 95-96 or 96-97.
I think it was 93-94. We played torched WV in Springfield that year and then went to Morgantown and almost blew it. It was WV last year in the A10.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Kelz626 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:32 am Dr J do you upload from VHS to YouTube? I have a bunch of games from the Ford era, the early season win at Syracuse, the comeback from down 20 at Syracuse in the NIT ect just never knew how to convert from vhs. Also have most games from the 2006 football season as well
I upload from MPEG, I don't have a vcr or any tapes anymore. One guy sent me about half a dozen games I posted the few I had too and others posted theirs. We have over fifty games on YouTube but I'd like to see that doubled.

Now is a great time to capture that old video and share with the world.
Refuse To Lose!!!

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:22 pm

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:24 pm

Missing the end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9rYNmUlSig
If I have the right game, I think it is.
Refuse To Lose!!!

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:37 pm

rayers wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:39 am Does anyone know if there is video of the game where UMass came from down 18 with a little over 4 minutes to go and beat West Virginia in Morgantown? I am guessing is was 96? I remember listening to it on the radio. I consider it to be the greatest comeback of all time but it never gets mentioned in national media.
I have an audio tape of DirSport's (George Miller) call of the game. It is a prize possession that I received back when from George. The game was in Morgantown on 1/27/95. We were ranked #1 and won in OT. What I remember without heading for Google is that Marcus fouled out, TV Lou scored a bunch, and Mikey hit a three (as usual) in OT for the win.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

Minutemaniac74
Senior

Post by Minutemaniac74 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:15 pm

^if I remember correctly, I believe Mike Williams got fouled shooting a three with under 10 seconds left in regulation, down by four. He hit the first two, missed the third, and we got an o-rebound and putback to tie the game. Could be thinking of a different game though. I do remember the post-game radio interview with Cal on the way to the locker room. Some West Virginia fans were throwing things on the floor and Cal yelled "the Big East deserves you!" at them :lol: :lol: Probably my favorite Cal moment

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:45 pm

UMass vs UConn 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXitpKy ... j&index=17

Show your pride! Post a lost video!!!
Refuse To Lose!!!

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:43 pm

Minutemaniac74 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:15 pm ^if I remember correctly, I believe Mike Williams got fouled shooting a three with under 10 seconds left in regulation, down by four. He hit the first two, missed the third, and we got an o-rebound and putback to tie the game. Could be thinking of a different game though. I do remember the post-game radio interview with Cal on the way to the locker room. Some West Virginia fans were throwing things on the floor and Cal yelled "the Big East deserves you!" at them :lol: :lol: Probably my favorite Cal moment
At the blow out in Springfield a good friend of mine and I jeered and taunted Gale offering to “have next” and telling them belonged in America East not the Big East. Loved chanting they’re all cousins to WV.

DirSport
Junior

Post by DirSport » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Minutemaniac74 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:15 pm ^if I remember correctly, I believe Mike Williams got fouled shooting a three with under 10 seconds left in regulation, down by four. He hit the first two, missed the third, and we got an o-rebound and putback to tie the game. Could be thinking of a different game though. I do remember the post-game radio interview with Cal on the way to the locker room. Some West Virginia fans were throwing things on the floor and Cal yelled "the Big East deserves you!" at them :lol: :lol: Probably my favorite Cal moment
Cal's best line in the postgame, to one guy in particular who was giving it to him, was "Put your shoes on and get outta here."

It wasn't even a rebound and putback, rather a deflection or punch of the missed FT as it came off the rim. Dana Dingle got credit for it, but it was actually WVU's Damien Owens who tipped the ball into his own basket.

Williams then got a steal and put up a 3 with maybe 3-4 seconds left that wasn't close. That would have been something if UMass had won it right there.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:11 pm

Great Alaska Shootout... 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mlSPycJuI
Refuse To Lose!!!

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:25 am

Again, thanks DoctorJ. That was fun to watch.
That team almost parallels the current team as far as excitement for what may lie ahead. Crazy to think about how undersized we really were then with Harper, Tony, and Will up front but damn they could play

Also, one of the best tournament names
Time to Win

rayers
Senior

Post by rayers » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:45 am

Wow!! Thanks for the Alaska Shootout link. I loved it!! Great fundamentals especially on D by UMass and great hustle. I hope on the team now watch some of these games just to see how hard the Cal
teams played every possession. I forgot how tough they were on D.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:37 am

Yw.

Here is another one, thanks to BT UMassHoops on YouTube - Keep them coming Brother!!!

UMass vs. Tulsa, 1995 NCAA Tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQdQxICwL8A
Refuse To Lose!!!

Dickie Dunn
Junior

Post by Dickie Dunn » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:16 pm

DoctorJ wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:23 pm
Anybody got the Camby vs. Duncan game?

UMass vs Sienna in the NIT? I posted the rematch and it gets a lot of watches.
I have the Camby-Duncan game, and quite a few others. My collection is a bit of a mess right now, and I can't find the list I compiled a long time ago of which games I have -- some converted to DVD, many still on VHS.

As far as I recall, the Siena NIT game was not aired anywhere. In fact, the only footage I've ever seen was Ch. 22's baseline camera showing Barbee's buzzer-beating 3 that forced overtime.

BT posted the link to the Syracuse game from the '92 NCAAs the other day and mentioned he was missing the first five minutes. I have the whole broadcast.
I wrote this ... it's gotta be true.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:21 am

Dickie, If you convert the dvds to mpeg, we can post them on YouTube very easily.

Thanks for the update on the Siena game. I thought it was televised but I could be wrong.
Refuse To Lose!!!