KAEO Djery Baptiste

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
PTrainXL
Senior

Re: Djery Baptiste

Post by PTrainXL » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:34 am

Holloway plays I think as he is going against his bro Friday

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:45 am

1. McCall said Djery will NOT play this Friday, but will be ready to go against Georgia.
2. I don't know if they answer emails, I usually don't make it all the way through the show given my schedule on Monday nights
3. Josh Maurer hosted last night. Does anybody find it odd that he's still doing UMass broadcasts even though he's moved on to BC? I like Josh and he did a fine job representing the U while he was here, but Jay's the guy now. It doesn't seem fair to him to have to be a sub off the bench to the outgoing guy, unless he had a previous engagement and Josh volunteered to help out.

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:46 am

#3 was it as announced at the beginning.
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

bobolink
Senior

Post by bobolink » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:24 am

I'm sure Holloway would love to play against his brother, but I hope he doesn't push it, because we should be able to handle FDU without him and will need him for the A-10 season. Such a shame that he seemed to hit his stride against Providence and then got hurt, which contributed to the loss vs. Temple.

I like the idea of trying a bigger lineup. Perhaps Diallo instead of 1 of the 3 guards at times. And more of Chatman at the 4, because a healthy Holloway and Baptiste gives 3 options at the 5 and Chatman isn't ready for that.

Marty Peretz
Hall of Fame

Post by Marty Peretz » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:26 am

Juice Stand wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:45 am 1. McCall said Djery will NOT play this Friday, but will be ready to go against Georgia.
2. I don't know if they answer emails, I usually don't make it all the way through the show given my schedule on Monday nights
3. Josh Maurer hosted last night. Does anybody find it odd that he's still doing UMass broadcasts even though he's moved on to BC? I like Josh and he did a fine job representing the U while he was here, but Jay's the guy now. It doesn't seem fair to him to have to be a sub off the bench to the outgoing guy, unless he had a previous engagement and Josh volunteered to help out.
Also: Jay is outstanding. I've been really impressed with him from the jump. Hope we hire him full time for both hoops and football. UMass has been fortunate to have some really good play by play guys over the years and from what I've heard thus far, Jay is right up there.

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:40 am

bobolink wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:24 am I like the idea of trying a bigger lineup. Perhaps Diallo instead of 1 of the 3 guards at times. And more of Chatman at the 4, because a healthy Holloway and Baptiste gives 3 options at the 5 and Chatman isn't ready for that.
McCall specifically said they would try this with Baptiste on board.
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:43 pm

^ My guess is that Chatman and Diallo split time at the 4 and that Laurent sees time on the wing now that he has shown he can hit the 3.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Got a Court Club Email from MM today. Djery is on campus, but he can't practice until after OUR semester ends (Friday). So he can practice starting Saturday and he'll play against Georgia.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:59 pm

^Makes sense. Ready to see him play and contribute against Georgia.

I have to say though, 2 games in 18 days right before the start of conference play seems to me like too large of a gap. We should have scheduled something in between FDU and Georgia.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 am

Bad for us fans scoop, but probably good for the team to get in some good practice time without worrying about classes, and also to work in Baptiste to the lineup. It's gonna take a little time for everyone to adjust to things
Time to Win

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:30 am

I’m guessing we’ll see him at the game tomorrow.
Last edited by LS71 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

UMassFan99
Senior

Post by UMassFan99 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:45 am

Definitely agree with Floyd. I'm actually excited about the lay-off. Hoping it gives them time to focus. I feel like they are sooooo close to being a great team if they can just put a few more things together (i.e. playing hard core defense, rebounding with ferocity, making the extra pass) - maybe I'm fooling myself.

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:32 am

inthescoop wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:59 pm ^Makes sense. Ready to see him play and contribute against Georgia.

I have to say though, 2 games in 18 days right before the start of conference play seems to me like too large of a gap. We should have scheduled something in between FDU and Georgia.
There's this thing called Christmas. I believe the players get a few days off to visit family.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:12 am

NilesGold wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:32 am
inthescoop wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:59 pm ^Makes sense. Ready to see him play and contribute against Georgia.

There's this thing called Christmas. I believe the players get a few days off to visit family.

And finals.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:02 am

NilesGold wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:32 am

Completely agree... They already missed Thanksgiving (not as uncommon) but I'm sure it will be nice for the guys to get a few days off to relax with family and just unplug following a tough 1H of the season and school year..