2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
User avatar
uz2b-len
Hall of Fame
Posts: 10779
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 6:03 pm
Location: Deerfield, MA

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by uz2b-len » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:40 pm

According to a couple of Siena players
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

mlaconte459
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2845
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by mlaconte459 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:01 pm

^ Nevada also lost by 20 in their game and they will be top 10 most of the year. Different lineups are used things are tested.. and if I remember correctly we used to often win tehee games and then end up having bad years
GO... GO U... GO UMASSS..... GO UMASSS

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8070
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by 69MG » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:17 pm

I believe in the eye test and a week from tomorrow will give us a pretty good clue. There's a lot of work to be done meshing 7 new players into the mix so I expect some growing pains. I'm going to be looking at the athleticism and skill level for now. It may take a little time to look like a well oiled machine.

Juice Stand
Senior
Posts: 928
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Eastern Ma

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by Juice Stand » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:45 am

"UMass basketball encouraged after weekend scrimmage": https://www.gazettenet.com/Minutemen-en ... e-21045965

TheInsider
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3098
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:12 am

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by TheInsider » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Sounds like we played more "regular " line-ups in the first half and won. MM played around with line-ups in the second probably getting the young guys run and sienna won. Doesn't sound like they took it to us like some have said.

User avatar
thecaptain
Senior
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by thecaptain » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:36 pm

classof62-64 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:12 pm
thecaptain wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:41 am

as someone who lives a stone's throw away from SDSU, this makes me very very happy.
As someone who lives a 15 minute walk away, and has a friend who has season tickets, likewise.
cool! nice to see a fellow sandiego umass fan! :D

User avatar
thecaptain
Senior
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by thecaptain » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:54 pm

want to make sure i have everything in line to stream games this year. does this look right?

UMass Lowell, UNH, Harvard, Howard, Ark PB on ESPN+
So Illinois on FS1
Quinn on ESPN+
HC nothing
Providence on FS1
Temple nothing
Fairleigh D nothing
Georgia on SEC Network
LaSalle on NBC Sports
St Louis on CBS Sports
Dayton on NBC Sports
GMU nothing
VCU on NBC Sports
St. Bo nothing
La Salle nothing
St. Joes on NBC Sports
Fordham, Davidson, GMU, GW, St. Joes, Dayton, Duq, Rich, URI nothing

bobolink
Junior
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:03 am

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by bobolink » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:06 pm

thecaptain wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:54 pm
want to make sure i have everything in line to stream games this year. does this look right?

UMass Lowell, UNH, Harvard, Howard, Ark PB on ESPN+
So Illinois on FS1
Quinn on ESPN+
HC nothing
Providence on FS1
Temple nothing
Fairleigh D nothing
Georgia on SEC Network
LaSalle on NBC Sports
St Louis on CBS Sports
Dayton on NBC Sports
GMU nothing
VCU on NBC Sports
St. Bo nothing
La Salle nothing
St. Joes on NBC Sports
Fordham, Davidson, GMU, GW, St. Joes, Dayton, Duq, Rich, URI nothing
Some of those you have as "nothing" are ESPN+

See http://www.atlantic10.com/fls/31600/pdf ... posite.pdf

User avatar
thecaptain
Senior
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by thecaptain » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:36 pm

bobolink wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:06 pm
thecaptain wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:54 pm
want to make sure i have everything in line to stream games this year. does this look right?

UMass Lowell, UNH, Harvard, Howard, Ark PB on ESPN+
So Illinois on FS1
Quinn on ESPN+
HC nothing
Providence on FS1
Temple nothing
Fairleigh D nothing
Georgia on SEC Network
LaSalle on NBC Sports
St Louis on CBS Sports
Dayton on NBC Sports
GMU nothing
VCU on NBC Sports
St. Bo nothing
La Salle nothing
St. Joes on NBC Sports
Fordham, Davidson, GMU, GW, St. Joes, Dayton, Duq, Rich, URI nothing
Some of those you have as "nothing" are ESPN+

See http://www.atlantic10.com/fls/31600/pdf ... posite.pdf
Oh awesome. Thanks for that!

mdogt12
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3039
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:30 pm
Location: maine

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by mdogt12 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:53 pm

Plus Eleven Sports may pick up some home games and put on NESN/NESN+ like they did for hockey

User avatar
thecaptain
Senior
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by thecaptain » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:06 am

so i just redid the streaming schedule based on what bobolink provided and every game but the Temple game will be streamed! either paid (which is at least under the espn wing) or free, i'll get to see UMass play here on the west coast nearly all season. Go UMass!

NilesGold
Hall of Fame
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by NilesGold » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:05 am

^ Can you share the updated list? Are any games on only the A10 streaming?

User avatar
MJatUM
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4182
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:46 pm
Location: Attleboro

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by MJatUM » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Every single game will be available to view either on TV or through various apps:

TUE 11/6 vs UMass-Lowell - 7PM - ESPN+
FRI 11/9 vs New Hampshire - 7PM - ESPN+
TUE 11/13 @ Harvard - 7PM - ESPN+
FRI 11/16 vs Howard - 7PM - ESPN+
MON 11/19 vs Arkansas Pine-Bluff - 7PM - ESPN+
THU 11/22 vs Southern Illinois - 1:30PM - FoxSports1 (TV) / FoxSportsGo (App)
FRI 11/23 vs Nevada/Tulsa - 10PM/12:30AM - FoxSports1 (TV) / FoxSportsGo (App)
WED 11/28 vs Quinnipiac - 7PM - ESPN+
TUE 12/4 vs Holy Cross - 7PM - ESPN+
FRI 12/7 @ Providence - 7PM - FoxSports1 (TV) / FoxSportsGo (App)
WED 12/12 @ Temple - 7PM - ESPN3 (According to owlsports.com)
FRI 12/21 vs Fairleigh Dickenson - 3:30PM - ESPN+
SUN 12/30 @ Georgia - 6PM - SEC Network (TV) / WatchESPN (App)

SAT 1/5 vs La Salle - 1PM - NBCSN (TV) / NBC Sports Live (App)
WED 1/9 @ St. Louis - 7PM - CBSSN (TV) / I don't believe theres mobile/app coverage for this channel
SUN 1/13 @ Dayton - 3:30PM - NBCSN (TV) / NBC Sports Live (App)
WED 1/16 vs George Mason - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 1/19 @ VCU - 6:30PM - NBCSN (TV) / NBC Sports Live (App)
WED 1/23 vs St Bonaventure - 7PM - ESPN+
SUN 1/27 vs Rhode Island - 2PM - Stadium Sports (TV & APP) possible local TV pickup
WED 1/30 @ La Salle - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 2/2 @ St Josephs - 4:30PM - NBCSN (TV) / NBC Sports Live (App)
WED 2/6 vs Fordham - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 2/9 vs Davidson - 1PM - ESPN+
WED 2/13 @ George Mason - 7PM - ESPN+
WED 2/20 @ George Washington - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 2/23 vs St Josephs - 2PM - ESPN+
TUE 2/26 vs Dayton - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 3/2 @ Duquesne - 2PM - ESPN+
WED 3/6 vs Richmond - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 3/9 @ Rhode Island - TBD - ESPN+

I count 10 nationally televised games. I'm not sure if the A10 deal with ESPN will now prevent local providers from carrying those games when/where possible. There are at least a few that I would think NESN or NBCSB might be interested in - specifically Harvard on 11/13, Quinnipiac on 11/28, Holy Cross on 12/4 and the season finale vs URI on 3/9.

UMassfan_19
Junior
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:03 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by UMassfan_19 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:51 pm

My understanding is all A-10 games will be streamed on espn + unles sthey are nationally televised. So if you got the game on a-10 digital network last year for 80$ a season you get it one son + for 5 a month or 60 a year

User avatar
thecaptain
Senior
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: 2018-2019 Schedule and beyond

Post by thecaptain » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:05 pm

MJatUM wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:38 pm
Every single game will be available to view either on TV or through various apps:

TUE 11/6 vs UMass-Lowell - 7PM - ESPN+
FRI 11/9 vs New Hampshire - 7PM - ESPN+
TUE 11/13 @ Harvard - 7PM - ESPN+
FRI 11/16 vs Howard - 7PM - ESPN+
MON 11/19 vs Arkansas Pine-Bluff - 7PM - ESPN+
THU 11/22 vs Southern Illinois - 1:30PM - FoxSports1 (TV) / FoxSportsGo (App)
FRI 11/23 vs Nevada/Tulsa - 10PM/12:30AM - FoxSports1 (TV) / FoxSportsGo (App)
WED 11/28 vs Quinnipiac - 7PM - ESPN+
TUE 12/4 vs Holy Cross - 7PM - ESPN+
FRI 12/7 @ Providence - 7PM - FoxSports1 (TV) / FoxSportsGo (App)
WED 12/12 @ Temple - 7PM - ESPN3 (According to owlsports.com)
FRI 12/21 vs Fairleigh Dickenson - 3:30PM - ESPN+
SUN 12/30 @ Georgia - 6PM - SEC Network (TV) / WatchESPN (App)

SAT 1/5 vs La Salle - 1PM - NBCSN (TV) / NBC Sports Live (App)
WED 1/9 @ St. Louis - 7PM - CBSSN (TV) / I don't believe theres mobile/app coverage for this channel
SUN 1/13 @ Dayton - 3:30PM - NBCSN (TV) / NBC Sports Live (App)
WED 1/16 vs George Mason - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 1/19 @ VCU - 6:30PM - NBCSN (TV) / NBC Sports Live (App)
WED 1/23 vs St Bonaventure - 7PM - ESPN+
SUN 1/27 vs Rhode Island - 2PM - Stadium Sports (TV & APP) possible local TV pickup
WED 1/30 @ La Salle - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 2/2 @ St Josephs - 4:30PM - NBCSN (TV) / NBC Sports Live (App)
WED 2/6 vs Fordham - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 2/9 vs Davidson - 1PM - ESPN+
WED 2/13 @ George Mason - 7PM - ESPN+
WED 2/20 @ George Washington - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 2/23 vs St Josephs - 2PM - ESPN+
TUE 2/26 vs Dayton - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 3/2 @ Duquesne - 2PM - ESPN+
WED 3/6 vs Richmond - 7PM - ESPN+
SAT 3/9 @ Rhode Island - TBD - ESPN+

I count 10 nationally televised games. I'm not sure if the A10 deal with ESPN will now prevent local providers from carrying those games when/where possible. There are at least a few that I would think NESN or NBCSB might be interested in - specifically Harvard on 11/13, Quinnipiac on 11/28, Holy Cross on 12/4 and the season finale vs URI on 3/9.
again, thanks guys. glad that the temple game will be on ESPN3/WatchESPN. i'm a cord-cutter, so having these options are great. really psyched.

Post Reply