WE'RE MOVING

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
User avatar
MikeUMA
Site Admin
Posts: 9991
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:11 pm
Location: Norwalk, CT
Contact:

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by MikeUMA » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm

e_parade wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 pm
xlgman wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:30 am
Am I imagining it or did the names and pictures used to be on the left? I'm all out of sorts.
Not imagining it. Being on the is the default for most online boards, but the default for this specific phpBB skin appears to have it on the right. There doesn't appear to be another option aside from the default here as of yet, but I'm assuming that when the UMass specific one gets rolled out it'll like push everything back to the left.
I just changed code that SHOULD put user profiles back on the left, like we were used to. I liked seeing who wrote it first (on the left). That way I could easily decide whether or not to just move on to the next one :)

User avatar
e_parade
Sophomore
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Boston

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by e_parade » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:04 am

MikeUMA wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm
e_parade wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 pm
xlgman wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:30 am
Am I imagining it or did the names and pictures used to be on the left? I'm all out of sorts.
Not imagining it. Being on the is the default for most online boards, but the default for this specific phpBB skin appears to have it on the right. There doesn't appear to be another option aside from the default here as of yet, but I'm assuming that when the UMass specific one gets rolled out it'll like push everything back to the left.
I just changed code that SHOULD put user profiles back on the left, like we were used to. I liked seeing who wrote it first (on the left). That way I could easily decide whether or not to just move on to the next one :)
Quite possibly the best reason to have it on the left ;)

inthescoop
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2312
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:40 pm
Location: NYC

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by inthescoop » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:37 am

With the banner up, and the colors changed to UMass colors, it's looking really good. A big fan of the new forum layout.

User avatar
MajBugman
Senior
Posts: 1618
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Aberdeen, MD

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by MajBugman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 am

Woah, nice GUI change!
Raise the bar, do the minimum.

User avatar
e_parade
Sophomore
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Boston

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by e_parade » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:21 am

MajBugman wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 am
Woah, nice GUI change!
Still definitely a bit buggy, but completely agree here. The look and feel of it are great.

capezona
Senior
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ and Dennisport, MA

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by capezona » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:24 pm

After I submit a post it doesn't take me back to the men's hoop forum. I have to back out and start over.

User avatar
fenway617
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3074
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:48 am
Location: Amherst, MA

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by fenway617 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:33 pm

If this has been addressed elsewhere my apologies but since the change to this site whenever I make a post or reply after I hit submit I get this page. My post does show up but I have to back out or start all over again from the home page in order to teh page that I made the new post. Is there a fix for this issue I am missing?

Image
Death, taxes, and Matt McCall!

User avatar
MikeUMA
Site Admin
Posts: 9991
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:11 pm
Location: Norwalk, CT
Contact:

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by MikeUMA » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 am

I think I just fixed the problem of the missing search backend. I just tested and it seems to be working.

Making a post should now behave normally: you should see what you just wrote.
Searching should work.

Post a reply here if you're having ANY problems, and I'll try to get 'em fixed.

Enjoy!

capezona
Senior
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ and Dennisport, MA

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by capezona » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:02 am

Thanks Mike. That fixed it.

Online
User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 13074
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:46 pm

I know I got yelled at for asking this the last time there was a site change, but is it possible to get links to open in a new tab upon a left click, rather than the same one?

Thanks!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

User avatar
DearOleUMass
Sophomore
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:49 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by DearOleUMass » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:13 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:46 pm
I know I got yelled at for asking this the last time there was a site change, but is it possible to get links to open in a new tab upon a left click, rather than the same one?

Thanks!
This would be nice. For the time being, and incase you didn't know already, you can hold down the 'ctrl' key on a PC and click the link to open in a new tab. Hold down the 'command' on a Mac to perform the same function.

User avatar
e_parade
Sophomore
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Boston

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by e_parade » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 am

DearOleUMass wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:13 pm
InnervisionsUMASS wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:46 pm
I know I got yelled at for asking this the last time there was a site change, but is it possible to get links to open in a new tab upon a left click, rather than the same one?

Thanks!
This would be nice. For the time being, and incase you didn't know already, you can hold down the 'ctrl' key on a PC and click the link to open in a new tab. Hold down the 'command' on a Mac to perform the same function.
Or, if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel on it, simply click the link using the scroll wheel. Doing that opens whatever you're clicking in a new tab by default and is just as easy as a right or left click.

Online
User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 13074
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Yeah I know the tricks... right click and select open in new tab as well. It's just easier to have the new link open in a new tab, especially if you want to venture off to other links through that one while keeping your UMH page alive.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

User avatar
e_parade
Sophomore
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Boston

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by e_parade » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:58 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 pm
Yeah I know the tricks... right click and select open in new tab as well. It's just easier to have the new link open in a new tab, especially if you want to venture off to other links through that one while keeping your UMH page alive.
Well sometimes I (and presumably other people as well) prefer to open things in the same tab. I often open all the topics I want to read using the scroll-wheel (which is literally no more effort than a left click) except the last one, which I'll left click on in order to open it in the same tab I'm on. If you turn left click by default to open in a new tab, what process would you use to open in the same tab?

Online
User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 13074
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:28 am

^

You wouldn't. I'm not sure why you'd want to open an external link from a thread on this page in the same tab.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Post Reply