KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
JoleonLescottsHair
Senior
Posts: 1695
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:17 pm
Location: Cuticle, Cortex and Medulla

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Mon May 15, 2017 12:20 pm

69MG wrote:^ It just proves how complicated recruiting is. :D
Absolutely. And now it appears that Massachusetts-born James Taylor played a role in his decision making. Sweet Baby James, this is getting weird!!!!!

User avatar
natwam2547
Senior
Posts: 1539
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by natwam2547 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:27 pm

2017-18 Scholarships

Brantley
Pipkins
Anderson
Baldwin
Holloway
Hines
McLean
Turner-Morris
Cobb
Clergeot
Laurent

So that leaves 2 more for Clark (I'll keep him here until it's confirmed), a 2017 player, a 2018 transfer or for the walk-ons.

User avatar
DoctorJ
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2115
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:36 pm
Location: Western Mass.
Contact:

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by DoctorJ » Mon May 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Mr.Stopherson wrote:Welcome To UMASS!!
Yesss!!
Refuse To Lose!!!

Online
inthescoop
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:40 pm
Location: NYC

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by inthescoop » Mon May 15, 2017 12:54 pm

YESSIR, WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!! UMass Basketball is bringing back the excitement!!

chdavis295
Senior
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by chdavis295 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:14 pm

inthescoop wrote:YESSIR, WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!! UMass Basketball is bringing back the excitement!!
You've never seen 5 of these guys play college ball. It's a brand new coach with a brand new system. I would not say the excitement is back.

We are piecing together a team with the hope of winning more games than last year. Until the season starts, that's it. At best.

User avatar
gosox22
Junior
Posts: 706
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:21 pm
Location: Green Bay, WI

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by gosox22 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:22 pm

^ womp wommmp

Image

User avatar
LS71
Hall of Fame
Posts: 6463
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Lost in Space

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by LS71 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Welcome to UMass, Keon.

Best wishes for success on the court and in the classroom! 8)
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

eldonabe
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4265
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:34 pm
Location: Western MA

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by eldonabe » Mon May 15, 2017 1:32 pm

chdavis295 wrote:
inthescoop wrote:YESSIR, WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!! UMass Basketball is bringing back the excitement!!
You've never seen 5 of these guys play college ball. It's a brand new coach with a brand new system. I would not say the excitement is back.

We are piecing together a team with the hope of winning more games than last year. Until the season starts, that's it. At best.

My oh my how the wet blanket can get dropped when it serves the purpose...... So apparently it is NOT ok to be dismissive and negative when DK is of the concern when WE KNOW that things have and will continue to suck......

Now, however, it IS ok when there is a new (albeit) unknown sense of optimism because it is an unknown.

If you want to call semantics on the word "excitement" versus maybe "anticipation" or some other word, fine, but the bottom line is that most people (especially those whose heads are not stuffed up DK's arse) are in fact excited about the prospects of next year. It doesn't matter what next year looks like; as long as it doesn't look like the last 9 years it is reason for optimism and yes....... Excitement.
In Matt McCall I trust!

User avatar
Jackson96
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2219
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by Jackson96 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Welp sounds like another pretty good athlete. Not sure how much you can get out of his freshman year...Memphis didn't sound like the healthiest of situations and he had pretty sporadic minutes. I guess my biggest question about him would be: Is he a Point Guard? Not sure he is, but we'll find out in time.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

User avatar
LS71
Hall of Fame
Posts: 6463
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Lost in Space

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by LS71 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Matty V wrote:“The relationship I have with coach McCall and the coaching staff is unbelievable. Coach McCall has been recruiting me since I was in ninth grade. I was the first guy he offered within and hour of getting the job at Chattanooga,” Clergeot said. “I didn’t go and I kind of regretted it. Now I’m transferring and he’s there. UMass is the right fit. I have a great relationship with Matt McCall.”

He averaged 3.8 points in 9.9 minutes per game as a Tiger playing behind upperclassmen.

“I’ll bring defense. Being intense, physical. I play with heart out there. I have that dog in me,” said Clergeot, who planned to make the most of his year off. “Just getting stronger and getting better. I’ll be getting a lot of shots up.”
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 14252
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon May 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Welcome aboard!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

User avatar
kdogg8173
Senior
Posts: 1769
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:20 pm

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by kdogg8173 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Sounds like he's got the potential to really attack the basket. He shot a lot of FT's for the amount of minutes he played.

User avatar
gr8won
Junior
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 am

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by gr8won » Mon May 15, 2017 1:54 pm

If we can not get two more a-10 caliber players that can contribute this year I hope MM drops a scholly on Miller.

User avatar
thecaptain
Senior
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by thecaptain » Mon May 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Image

78
Hall of Fame
Posts: 7937
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:52 pm
Location: Near Boston

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by 78 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:02 pm

LS71 wrote:
Matty V wrote:“The relationship I have with coach McCall and the coaching staff is unbelievable. Coach McCall has been recruiting me since I was in ninth grade. I was the first guy he offered within and hour of getting the job at Chattanooga,” Clergeot said. “I didn’t go and I kind of regretted it. Now I’m transferring and he’s there. UMass is the right fit. I have a great relationship with Matt McCall.”

He averaged 3.8 points in 9.9 minutes per game as a Tiger playing behind upperclassmen.

“I’ll bring defense. Being intense, physical. I play with heart out there. I have that dog in me,” said Clergeot, who planned to make the most of his year off. “Just getting stronger and getting better. I’ll be getting a lot of shots up.”
Another guy who loves playing defense. Loving the guys McCall is bringing in!
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

Post Reply