KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO: Keon Clergeot (Memphis Transfer)

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Mon May 15, 2017 12:20 pm

69MG wrote:^ It just proves how complicated recruiting is. :D
Absolutely. And now it appears that Massachusetts-born James Taylor played a role in his decision making. Sweet Baby James, this is getting weird!!!!!

natwam2547
Hall of Fame

Post by natwam2547 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:27 pm

2017-18 Scholarships

Brantley
Pipkins
Anderson
Baldwin
Holloway
Hines
McLean
Turner-Morris
Cobb
Clergeot
Laurent

So that leaves 2 more for Clark (I'll keep him here until it's confirmed), a 2017 player, a 2018 transfer or for the walk-ons.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Mon May 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Mr.Stopherson wrote:Welcome To UMASS!!
Yesss!!
Refuse To Lose!!!

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Mon May 15, 2017 12:54 pm

YESSIR, WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!! UMass Basketball is bringing back the excitement!!

chdavis295
Senior

Post by chdavis295 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:14 pm

inthescoop wrote:YESSIR, WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!! UMass Basketball is bringing back the excitement!!
You've never seen 5 of these guys play college ball. It's a brand new coach with a brand new system. I would not say the excitement is back.

We are piecing together a team with the hope of winning more games than last year. Until the season starts, that's it. At best.

gosox22
Junior

Post by gosox22 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:22 pm

^ womp wommmp

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Welcome to UMass, Keon.

Best wishes for success on the court and in the classroom! 8)
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Mon May 15, 2017 1:32 pm

chdavis295 wrote:
inthescoop wrote:YESSIR, WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!! UMass Basketball is bringing back the excitement!!
You've never seen 5 of these guys play college ball. It's a brand new coach with a brand new system. I would not say the excitement is back.

We are piecing together a team with the hope of winning more games than last year. Until the season starts, that's it. At best.

My oh my how the wet blanket can get dropped when it serves the purpose...... So apparently it is NOT ok to be dismissive and negative when DK is of the concern when WE KNOW that things have and will continue to suck......

Now, however, it IS ok when there is a new (albeit) unknown sense of optimism because it is an unknown.

If you want to call semantics on the word "excitement" versus maybe "anticipation" or some other word, fine, but the bottom line is that most people (especially those whose heads are not stuffed up DK's arse) are in fact excited about the prospects of next year. It doesn't matter what next year looks like; as long as it doesn't look like the last 9 years it is reason for optimism and yes....... Excitement.

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Welp sounds like another pretty good athlete. Not sure how much you can get out of his freshman year...Memphis didn't sound like the healthiest of situations and he had pretty sporadic minutes. I guess my biggest question about him would be: Is he a Point Guard? Not sure he is, but we'll find out in time.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Matty V wrote:“The relationship I have with coach McCall and the coaching staff is unbelievable. Coach McCall has been recruiting me since I was in ninth grade. I was the first guy he offered within and hour of getting the job at Chattanooga,” Clergeot said. “I didn’t go and I kind of regretted it. Now I’m transferring and he’s there. UMass is the right fit. I have a great relationship with Matt McCall.”

He averaged 3.8 points in 9.9 minutes per game as a Tiger playing behind upperclassmen.

“I’ll bring defense. Being intense, physical. I play with heart out there. I have that dog in me,” said Clergeot, who planned to make the most of his year off. “Just getting stronger and getting better. I’ll be getting a lot of shots up.”
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon May 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Welcome aboard!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

kdogg8173
Senior

Post by kdogg8173 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Sounds like he's got the potential to really attack the basket. He shot a lot of FT's for the amount of minutes he played.

gr8won
Junior

Post by gr8won » Mon May 15, 2017 1:54 pm

If we can not get two more a-10 caliber players that can contribute this year I hope MM drops a scholly on Miller.

thecaptain
Senior

Post by thecaptain » Mon May 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:02 pm

LS71 wrote:
Matty V wrote:“The relationship I have with coach McCall and the coaching staff is unbelievable. Coach McCall has been recruiting me since I was in ninth grade. I was the first guy he offered within and hour of getting the job at Chattanooga,” Clergeot said. “I didn’t go and I kind of regretted it. Now I’m transferring and he’s there. UMass is the right fit. I have a great relationship with Matt McCall.”

He averaged 3.8 points in 9.9 minutes per game as a Tiger playing behind upperclassmen.

“I’ll bring defense. Being intense, physical. I play with heart out there. I have that dog in me,” said Clergeot, who planned to make the most of his year off. “Just getting stronger and getting better. I’ll be getting a lot of shots up.”
Another guy who loves playing defense. Loving the guys McCall is bringing in!
Bamford has erased McCutcheon