Pat Kelsey

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Re: YOUR NEW MENS HOOP COACH: PAT KELSEY

Post by TheInsider » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:22 pm

^^^ great post DEM... 100% agree

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:23 pm

mlaconte459 wrote:https://twitter.com/chasin_dadream/stat ... 4885249026

This is GOOD.. Holloway tweeting "let's eat then" which is an excellent sign
Whoa big fella..... :shock: :wink:
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

wmmmfan
Junior

Post by wmmmfan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:37 pm

I thought Kelsey would go to a P5 school so Bamford clearly had lofty targets and Kelsey and Shrewsberry were at the top of his wish list. Excellent job by the leader of UMass Nation!

Looking forward to being apart of sold out games at Mullins again.

Refuse2Lose83
Hall of Fame

Post by Refuse2Lose83 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 pm

^ Judging from some of the tweets just from today, I'd guess the Shrewsberry was Bamford's guy at some point last night/this morning, something happened, and they moved onto Kelsey right away. I wanted Shrewberry but the more and more I see and read about Kelsey,I think he was definitely the right hire. Totally a guess on my part on the chain of events. No idea what may or may not have happened with Dooley since we were led to believe that he was the leader in the clubhouse coming into today. Would love to hear from Bamford or a reporter who has inside knowledge, of what the whole process was like.
Hire Matt McCall!

Refuse2Lose83
Hall of Fame

Post by Refuse2Lose83 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Hire Matt McCall!

MassModestMouse
Senior

Post by MassModestMouse » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Welcome to Coach Kelsey! We are all confident you'll do a good job. We have great schools for your children to attend, too! :)

Bamford's hire record is pretty much A+ in my estimation
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.

DTM80
Junior

Post by DTM80 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:18 pm

Welcome to Amherst! Looking forward to a great future ahead for UM basketball.
Nice job by the AD!!

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:24 pm

MJatUM wrote:
inthescoop wrote:Can someone tell me on here or maybe via PM if that's better, how important John Kennedy is to UMass basketball? I've seen his name thrown around here. Is he related to "the" Kennedy family, is he our biggest booster?
Biggest booster? The Champions Center is named after him, so yeah, I think you could say he's our biggest booster lol.
Glad to see John Kennedy's reaction. It helps to have your biggest boosters on board.
john kennedy‏
@kennjack1048
@FightMA247 @patkelsey @UMassBasketball Great choice, a true winner

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:36 pm

Bamford seems to have made a great choice in Pat Kelsey. The more research I do the more impressed I am by Bamford's decision. Very optimistic that we're on track to immediate improvement and success. Kelsey's journey to Amherst has been pretty amazing & inspirational:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... basketball

Bay Area UMie
Sophomore

Post by Bay Area UMie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Refuse2Lose83 wrote:^ Judging from some of the tweets just from today, I'd guess the Shrewsberry was Bamford's guy at some point last night/this morning, something happened, and they moved onto Kelsey right away. I wanted Shrewberry but the more and more I see and read about Kelsey,I think he was definitely the right hire. Totally a guess on my part on the chain of events. No idea what may or may not have happened with Dooley since we were led to believe that he was the leader in the clubhouse coming into today. Would love to hear from Bamford or a reporter who has inside knowledge, of what the whole process was like.
Refuse,
You might be correct, but it’s also plausible that Shrewsberry’s quick change-of-heart might have been a way for him to “save face” in the media. Somehow he sensed or was told via sources close to the search he wasn’t the leading candidate or final choice and he didn’t want to damage future job interests (and there will be many) by avoiding the impression that, a candidate with NBA pedigree, was passed over by mid-major UMass. Woj's post this morning certainly created the impression he was #1 on the short list. But UMass attorneys simultaneously or during last night might have been finalizing term sheets or letters of intent with Kelsey-I doubt if we will ever know conclusively and at this some might say it doesn’t really matter. But, if he was the #1 guy after the first round of interviews and pulled out at the 11th hour, I see parallels with 1988 when Stu Jackson, Pitino’s assistant with the Knicks, was actually offered the job rejected us and we ended up with Calipari. Today is a very good day to be a UMass fan/alum. Kudos to all the posters for insisting on excellence for all things UMass!

mlaconte459
Hall of Fame

Post by mlaconte459 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:26 pm

http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/coll ... 54983.html

Looks like we know at least one member of the staff.. good article seems like a great guy
GO... GO U... GO UMASSS..... GO UMASSS

JoleonLescottsHair
Senior

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Hope many of us here (and across the UMass nation) either ordered season tickets or sent in a check today.

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 pm

^ How do I order season tickets right now? I thought you couldn't do it for the next season yet?

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Seems to be widely speculated that Brian Kloman will be coming to UMass along with Kelsey.
http://www.winthropeagles.com/coaches.a ... ath=mbball

DrG
Senior

Post by DrG » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:45 pm

My guess is the ticket office will be happy to put anybody on the list for an order as soon as they're available. We longtime STHs are happy to welcome any and all of you back aboard the bandwagon.