Fordham makes a move?

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
obg
Senior

Fordham makes a move?

Post by obg » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:25 am

the NYC papers are all saying that the coach is gone. Nothing official that I could find.

Example:
http://www.nypost.com/sports/34560.htm

Quinn
Junior

Post by Quinn » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:00 am

It was just a formality. The two have been working on a contract buyout since before the season began. When an agreement wasn't reached before the season, the admins figured they'd give him 1 last shot. Little seemed to matter to Hill though since he was getting paid regardless. That's probably evident with the teams 4-24 record.

What's sad: After Chaney and Martelli, Bob Hill had the 3rd longest tenure of all A10 coaches.

What's sadder: With him gone, whoever was technically hired first out of the Baron, Lappas, Nee, Hahn group now has coached in the A10 the 3rd longest. I think it was Baron, but I could be wrong.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:45 am

Quinn wrote:What's sadder: With him gone, whoever was technically hired first out of the Baron, Lappas, Nee, Hahn group now has coached in the A10 the 3rd longest. I think it was Baron, but I could be wrong.
The conference might still take another hit. Thad Matta has been mentioned in the merry-go-round after Roy Williams went to UNC.

Quinn
Junior

Post by Quinn » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:00 pm

...and Xavier will probably do the same thing they did when Prosser lefT: hire Butler's head coach.