KAEO LuWane Pipkins (PG-2015)

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
LS71
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO LuWane Pipkins (PG-2015)

Post by LS71 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:18 am

Badly wise, I wish Pip well unless/until UMass and PC meet on the court.

If that happens, I only care that UMass wins.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

Ramster

Post by Ramster » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:37 pm

Do you think Pip would have started next year if he had stayed?
Think Matt wanted him to stay or was it a mutual decision to move on to Providence?
Who takes Pips role next year?

TheOFFSeason
Senior

Post by TheOFFSeason » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Ramster wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:37 pm Do you think Pip would have started next year if he had stayed?
Think Matt wanted him to stay or was it a mutual decision to move on to Providence?
Staying wasn’t on the table...a member of the staff told me in September of 2017 that Pipkins would be grad transferring this year...his handlers had already decided that for him(not the where) and communicated it to the staff. They planned and recruited for it since then, which is why they took 3 letters of intent in November (they also had Unique lined up to grad transfer too).

Pipkins’ contributions will be taken up by a combination of guys, including at least 1 pg that isn’t in the equation yet.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:01 pm

TheOFFSeason wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:48 pm
Ramster wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:37 pm Do you think Pip would have started next year if he had stayed?
Staying wasn’t on the table...a member of the staff told me in September of 2017 that Pipkins would be grad transferring this year...his handlers had already decided that for him(not the where) and communicated it to the staff. They planned and recruited for it since then, which is why they took 3 letters of intent in November (they also had Unique lined up to grad transfer too).

Pipkins’ contributions will be taken up by a combination of guys, including at least 1 pg that isn’t in the equation yet.
Wow. If McLean was lined up to get pushed out for two years, then I respect what he did so much more. He forced the coach who didn’t want him to play him. That locker room must have been horrific.

TheOFFSeason
Senior

Post by TheOFFSeason » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:24 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Wow. If McLean was lined up to get pushed out for two years, then I respect what he did so much more. He forced the coach who didn’t want him to play him. That locker room must have been horrific.
Maybe that came out wrong...I meant they assumed UM would grad transfer this year, not pushed out. They signed 3 in November for him, LP and RH.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:19 pm

TheOFFSeason wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Maybe that came out wrong...I meant they assumed UM would grad transfer this year, not pushed out. They signed 3 in November for him, LP and RH.
That sounds better and still helps me respect McLean a ton. Even on his way out he did his best to work hard in a situation he knew he was leaving. I know he was auditioning, but he needed to do a lot get on the court.

UMassfan_19
Senior

Post by UMassfan_19 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:27 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:19 pm
TheOFFSeason wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:24 pm

That sounds better and still helps me respect McLean a ton. Even on his way out he did his best to work hard in a situation he knew he was leaving. I know he was auditioning, but he needed to do a lot get on the court.
I don't get the unique love. I get he came on and rebounded well but he looked so disinterested at all times. I still remember him not even celebrating after either the davidson Win or the rhody win one of those buzzer beaters. Like your team just won a huge game and you are just walking off court like it was a loss

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:56 am

I totally get the Unique McLean love (not that it's been overflowing). He's one of the few guys that actually went out and earned his playing time after being completely buried on the bench. He improved his free throw shooting, rebounded very well, and took pretty good care of the ball. Maybe he had what's perceived as bad body language, but in my opinion, that's one of the most talked about, most overrated qualities an athlete can ever have.

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:33 am

I respect what Unique did.. he played hard until the end. He didnt pack it in like Pip did.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:09 am

Instead of everyone here focusing on the disappointing ending of Pipkins UMass career, let's focus on what he did bring to the table, and the talent and skill he brought to the table as a whole during his time at UMass.

The team was hot garbage last season, starting from the coaches. It is human nature to be a bit discouraged when you've given so much, only for the team to fall apart the way they did at the end of the season.

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:15 am

I love what he brought to the 2017-2018 season.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

natwam2547
Hall of Fame

Post by natwam2547 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:26 am

Or if you believe what OFFseason said, that he knew he'd be gone in September 2017 that'd it'd be easy to lose interest as this past season unfolded.

TheOFFSeason
Senior

Post by TheOFFSeason » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:59 am

natwam2547 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:26 am Or if you believe what OFFseason said, that he knew he'd be gone in September 2017 that'd it'd be easy to lose interest as this past season unfolded.
Haha, well I can tell you that I didn’t make it up

Ramster

Post by Ramster » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:22 am

Sounds then like Staff knew Pip was leaving for his 5th year 2 years ago then
But if he had stayed do you think he would be starting next season?
What’s our starting line up next season?
With TM and Without TM?

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:22 am

Floyd wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:55 pm
MJatUM wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:42 pm
I live close to providence and have always kind of been a half-assed PC "fan"
That's it, you're dead to us here
Floyd, if MJatUM is dead to us, what about this guy? How many people know where AP went to school?
No stranger to New England, Pandiani holds bachelor's and master's degrees from Providence College. He was also team captain for men's track and field during his junior and senior seasons. He comes from a family of UMass graduates.